• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Stinky Wizzleteats+
    Grammar Police
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Steve View Post
    I understand that, but again, how many potentially great DL where brought in to play in various 34 D and how many DC said it was a good idea and they could make it happen only to watch it blow up in their faces? You can say that we can tweek this and that, but people have done that and it has never worked. And I don't doubt that Pagano could come up with some new twist, but it probably won't work.

And we still don't have any edge rushers if Ingram and Attaochu aren't healthy all year. No matter how good you think Suh is, he can only play 1 spot on the DL at a time.
    I thought you said we are only in the 3/4 base 30% of the time and with the way we use Freeney we are a 4 man front most of the time.
    Go Rivers!

Comment

• Beerman
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Eastlake
      • Send PM

Really don't care about the money. Sign Suh, sign Flowers. Draft another pass rusher and let's go to war.

Comment

• QSmokey
        Guardedly Optimistic
        • Jun 2013
        • Kuna, Idaho
        • Retired
        • Send PM

Originally posted by 6025 View Post
        Why wouldn't we want this guy. D-line gets instantly better.
        Because he's a douchebag? Just say noooooooo to Suh. JJ Watt? Sure. But not guys like Suh.

Comment

• Steve
          Administrator
          • Jun 2013
          • South Carolina
          • Meteorologist
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Stinky Wizzleteats+ View Post
          I thought you said we are only in the 3/4 base 30% of the time and with the way we use Freeney we are a 4 man front most of the time.
          We do, but 34 teams don't let their DL penetrate a run amok in the backield. They can't. They need the DL to keep the LB clean or the OL is going to throw them around as they push them downfield. If Suh is going to play for our (or any) 34 D, he is going to have to play a more disiplined style of D, where he reads his keys and plays within the D. JJ Watt is an elite guy because he makes his reads quick and plays his technique to perfection. He has great physical tools but he is about perfecting his craft and not hanging his teammates out the dry, which is something our DL could learn a lot from. Suh could too, although I don't think there is any chance he plays for us. At least I hope not.

Comment

• bonehead
            Undrafted
            • Jul 2013
            • TBD
            • Retired
            • Send PM

Originally posted by QSmokey View Post
            Because he's a douchebag? Just say noooooooo to Suh. JJ Watt? Sure. But not guys like Suh.
            Hmmmm...they are both very good D linemen about the same age, Watt had 8 career roughing the passer/kicker penalties and Suh has 4. Watt has 1 career unnecessary roughness and Suh has 2. One is a "sure" and the other is a "douchebag" and a resounding nooooooo.....I don't get it Smokey
            Forget it Donny you're out of your element

Shut the fuck up Donny

Comment

• oneinchpunch
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by QSmokey View Post
              Guys like Suh are a rare talent. If Watt was a douchbag, Id still want him on the Chargers.
              Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
                Grammar Police
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Beware when I agree with OIP.

Especially when I rhime...
                Go Rivers!

Comment

• bonehead
                  Undrafted
                  • Jul 2013
                  • TBD
                  • Retired
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by oneinchpunch View Post
                  Guys like Suh are a rare talent. If Watt was a douchbag, Id still want him on the Chargers.
                  Watt comes off as a douche to me...I know he is universally loved by everyone...I think he is arrogant and obnoxious, and a hell of a football player
                  Forget it Donny you're out of your element

Shut the fuck up Donny

Comment

• Antonio's Gates
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Suh to the Chargers?

Originally posted by bonehead View Post
                    Watt comes off as a douche to me...I know he is universally loved by everyone...I think he is arrogant and obnoxious, and a hell of a football player
                    Yah I agree. Watt is a big phony. Did you see his "log cabin"? He described it as no frills but it turned out it's pretty much a chalet resort.

Comment

• QSmokey
                      Guardedly Optimistic
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Kuna, Idaho
                      • Retired
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by bonehead View Post
                      Hmmmm...they are both very good D linemen about the same age, Watt had 8 career roughing the passer/kicker penalties and Suh has 4. Watt has 1 career unnecessary roughness and Suh has 2. One is a "sure" and the other is a "douchebag" and a resounding nooooooo.....I don't get it Smokey
                      Do you believe that Suh is a dirty player? I do.

Do you believe that Watt is a dirty player? I don't.

Comment

• Steve
                        Administrator
                        • Jun 2013
                        • South Carolina
                        • Meteorologist
                        • Send PM

It goes deeper then being dirty, it is the whole character issue. Watt is a guy that seems like you could give him a ton of money and it wouldn't change how he approaches the game. And maybe that is because he didn't really talk about the money. But Suh talks about the money a lot, and seems to be sort of fixated, and maybe that is why I think the money is the goal, not being a great player. Remove that motivation, is Suh going to be a great player? That was why Haynesworth was a terrible FA (and a lot of others) and that is why I think Suh is going to be a terrible signing.

Comment

• QSmokey
                          Guardedly Optimistic
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Kuna, Idaho
                          • Retired
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Steve View Post
                          It goes deeper then being dirty, it is the whole character issue. Watt is a guy that seems like you could give him a ton of money and it wouldn't change how he approaches the game. And maybe that is because he didn't really talk about the money. But Suh talks about the money a lot, and seems to be sort of fixated, and maybe that is why I think the money is the goal, not being a great player. Remove that motivation, is Suh going to be a great player? That was why Haynesworth was a terrible FA (and a lot of others) and that is why I think Suh is going to be a terrible signing.
                          I rarely agree with you, Steve, mostly because I have no idea what you're talking about (that's sort of a compliment).

But I agree with you. Now consider yourself cursed.

Comment

Working...
                          X