• Show
Clear All
  • FoutsFan
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Feb 2019
    • Birmingham AL
    • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

Give us your TL season 1 predictions/stats. How great will he be?
    According to Chaincrusher it will be in his rookie season 74,000 yards 574 TD's 0 INT's and a 101% completion percentage (he is so amazing he gets a bonus.) And he only gets better from there.

In all serious his arm is not as good as George's arm, he may have a better head on his shoulders (who doesn't?)

Comment

• FoutsFan
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Feb 2019
      • Birmingham AL
      • Send PM

Originally posted by equivocation View Post
      Maybe wait until he's played a game vs NFL defenses?
      According to Chaincrusher NFL defenses will be too scared to take the field against him.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
        Day Tripper
        • May 2019
        • North of the Lagoon
        • Send PM

I’m sensing some guys are hating on TL just to be contrarians. There’s always that guy grimacing that things are really so good. Is he the best ever, best in awhile, best this year, ... wgaf. I predict he has a very good nfl career and the eternal accolades often are awarded based on events outside one player’s control.

If i had no great QB, and I was drafting 1, I would pick him 11 times out of 10 without blinking. I would not trade out, i would flinch nor waver. Everyone here would do the same.
        “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• FoutsFan
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Feb 2019
          • Birmingham AL
          • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post
          I’m sensing some guys are hating on TL just to be contrarians. There’s always that guy grimacing that things are really so good. Is he the best ever, best in awhile, best this year, ... wgaf. I predict he has a very good nfl career and the eternal accolades often are awarded based on events outside one player’s control.

If i had no great QB, and I was drafting 1, I would pick him 11 times out of 10 without blinking. I would not trade out, i would flinch nor waver. Everyone here would do the same.
          Personally I am just having fun at the expense of others who have crowned him the GOAT without ever playing a down. He looks like he will be a good player, but I will wait to see him actually play a down first before I crown his the greatest of all time.

Comment

• 21&500
            Bolt Spit-Baller
            • Sep 2018
            • A Whale's Vajayjay
            • CMB refugee
            • Send PM

Meyer chose TLs upside over Herbert’s proven ability
            not to mention his best college defender in Bosa
            this makes the Jags automatically rivals in my book
            I hope that whole organization stinks throughout the entirety of a brief Meyers era.
            JH > TL until proven otherwise
            Chargers vs. Everyone

Comment

• Boltjolt
              Dont let the PBs fool ya
              • Jun 2013
              • Henderson, NV
              • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
              Meyer chose TLs upside over Herbert’s proven ability
              not to mention his best college defender in Bosa
              this makes the Jags automatically rivals in my book
              I hope that whole organization stinks throughout the entirety of a brief Meyers era.
              JH > TL until proven otherwise
              They aren't in our division so they aren't a rival imo but yes, I like to beat every team.
              . Meyer didn't have a chance to draft Herbert.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                Day Tripper
                • May 2019
                • North of the Lagoon
                • Send PM

Originally posted by FoutsFan View Post

Personally I am just having fun at the expense of others who have crowned him the GOAT without ever playing a down. He looks like he will be a good player, but I will wait to see him actually play a down first before I crown his the greatest of all time.
                Lol I get that , its been working so why stop. GOAT is premature but so is flop. QBs almost always need a decent structure around them - tbd if Jville builds a stable foundation. Meyer is a complete wildcard imo.
                “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• FoutsFan
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Feb 2019
                  • Birmingham AL
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

Lol I get that , its been working so why stop. GOAT is premature but so is flop. QBs almost always need a decent structure around them - tbd if Jville builds a stable foundation. Meyer is a complete wildcard imo.
                  That being said, there have been many "sure things" drafted in the NFL that have been flops. Paging Tony Mandarich!

Comment

• chargeroo
                    Fan since 1961
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Oregon
                    • Retired Manager/Pastor
                    • Send PM

That being said, there have been many "sure things" drafted in the NFL that have been flops. Paging Tony Mandarich!
                    He's at the Safeway store with Akili Smith
                    THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• Caslon
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Apr 2019
                      • Send PM

Too many people are slobbing all over his knob. Ill wait until I actually see him play before I crown him the GOAT over Montana and Brady.
                      Heh, no shit, Sherlock. Johnny Football, now there’s the most recent example of pre-NFL hype. That was kind of fun to watch unfold the other way, in a morbid kind of train wreck way. Odds say say, some team made an unfortunate pick among these five. “Who will it be now? “ (Men Down Under song). Place your bets. All five aren’t gonna make it from college to the big time. Place your bets, place your bets.
                      Last edited by Caslon; 05-11-2021, 10:53 AM.

Comment

According to Chaincrusher it will be in his rookie season 74,000 yards 574 TD's 0 INT's and a 101% completion percentage (he is so amazing he gets a bonus.) And he only gets better from there.

In all serious his arm is not as good as George's arm, he may have a better head on his shoulders (who doesn't?)
                        Your post is a bunch of goofy nonsense. I already offered a projection of Lawrence's rookie season stats and that projection does not resemble the nonsense you have written here.

Lawrence's arm is reportedly better than George's. It was claimed that he was clocked throwing a pass at 74 miles per hour, which is harder than both Mahomes and Herbert. I do realize that George had a strong arm as well.

Comment

Nobody has crowned him as the GOAT. I have stated that Lawrence may have the highest upside of any QB ever to enter the league. But as others have noted, there are many factors that contribute to a QB's overall level of success.

Without McDaniels' system, Brady's stats would be nothing special in terms of quality of QB play. The same can be said for Brees, who could not run our system as well as Rivers did, but found Payton. Assuming lengthy careers, both QBs would still have great gross production stats, but not with the same overall quality.

Comment

Working...
                          X