• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Stinky Wizzleteats+
    Grammar Police
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

The picture is not yet complete, many things will happen in before and after OTA's. Hard to judge the final product yet... With this GM, we will not see the bulk of the picture until after the draft and at least 12 mil more of 2015-16 cap space is spent...
    Go Rivers!

Comment

• richpjr
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Nashville
      • Send PM

What would totally suck for Stevie is if Rivers was traded or left in free agency and he is stuck with a rookie QB.

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
        Grammar Police
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Is it time for the QB guessing game thread?
        Go Rivers!

Comment

• TTK
          EX-Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • America's Finest City
          • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
          What would totally suck for Stevie is if Rivers was traded or left in free agency and he is stuck with a rookie QB.
          Did he just agree to terms or did he actually sign the contract? If he didn't sign it yet, I wonder if he might back out.

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
            No Sir, I Dont Like It
            • Jun 2013
            • Section 457
            • Migrant Film Worker
            • Send PM

What would totally suck for US is if Rivers was traded or left in free agency and WE are stuck with a rookie QB.
            Fuxed.
            Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
            sigpic

Comment

• BoltBacker
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Las Vegas, NV
              • Send PM

Have to hear this crap in the Rivers thread, not everywhere else now.

Comment

• Steve
                Administrator
                • Jun 2013
                • South Carolina
                • Meteorologist
                • Send PM

Originally posted by QSmokey View Post
                I think he can potentially match Royal's production from last year; maybe even exceed it (yards anyway). I just think that he's a lateral move. Now THERE'S NOTHING WRONG WITH THAT, but, again...unless the directive was to "go cheaper", why not just re-sign Royal? If nothing else, he as the rapport with Rivers. It seems most are happy with his contract (as opposed to Royal's), but it's not our money. And we don't have to be so nit-picky, we've been told, about money this off-season.

You lose Gilchrist and replace him with (sort of) a clone in Wilson - that's a wash (but we saved money)
                You lose Royal and replace him with (sort of) a clone in Johnson - that's another wash (but we saved money)

Saving money is great, particularly if you're up against the cap. But we'not. And I suspect we're going to replace Gackhar with another lower-priced FA or a rookie. And probably add another FA or rookie CB to replace Wright. Again, it's good not to LOSE ground, so we appear to be doing fine in the 'status quo' area.

But, really, the big ADDITION to the team this off-season has been Franklin. Dunlap and Flowers are "replacing" themselves. And we can say that Jacoby upgrades the return game. Overall, a plus, IMO. But not a HUGE gain. Are we expecting the Draft to be such a bonanza, I wonder?
                1). Some of the money we saved is going to players like Dunlap and Flowers, who while returning, are not playing on the sweatheart deals that brought them to SD.
                2). Frees us money to sign many of the other players who are coming to the end of their rookie contracts and will need extending.
                3). Since I don't buy all this trading Rivers crap, I also think it gives us a chance to resign him and Weddle, which we can't do if we commit too much money to FA.
                4). We retain money to sign FA as the rest of the offseason unfolds. We have gotten FA help, like Flowers later in FA, and if you spend the money now, you can't do that later.
                5). Most of the big name guys who sign the big contracts are only short term rentals who will produce poorly and be released. Check out the vast majority of guys who are the top FA, and for the most part, every one is a disappointment to their fans. Happens every year and every year fans cry like a 3 year old girl about not getting a big name FA, then don't pay attention to see what happens to all those guys they wanted.

Comment

Working...
                X