• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wu-dai clan
    Smooth Operation
    • May 2017
    • Send PM

Our STAR and our Star will be back soon.
    :shifty:
    Maybe we do play modern football.

Comment

• Budsman
      Registered Charger Fan
      • May 2017
      • Send PM

The fact that through all this adversity and negativity he hasn’t lost the locker room speaks volumes for his leadership. Today we saw the defensive game plan work. We just need to stop the run and we have the horses to play with anyone.

Comment

• Critty
        Dominate the Day.
        • Mar 2019
        • Send PM

Wasted timeouts.
        Pre snap penalties
        Special teams.

These used to beat the Chargers of the past.

Staley runs a crisp operation.

Who has it better than us?

Comment

• wu-dai clan
          Smooth Operation
          • May 2017
          • Send PM

At the beginning of the second half, we were toying with MIA.

We'll spot you a Delay of Game penalty.

Maybe we do play modern football.

Comment

• jox g
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Oct 2020
            • Send PM

Credit where it is due. Thank God Staley and Lombo called great games. Greatness is doing it week in and week out. Milestone. Add more.

Comment

• richpjr
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Nashville
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Budsman View Post
              The fact that through all this adversity and negativity he hasn’t lost the locker room speaks volumes for his leadership. Today we saw the defensive game plan work. We just need to stop the run and we have the horses to play with anyone.
              Agree. We all realize we have some pretty big issues still on the team but he has held the team together and we are now, somehow, back in the playoff hunt with games left against 4 teams with a combined record of 18-33-1. ESPN now gives us a 73% chance to make the playoffs. If we do, he will deserve to be brought back and we all know that will really rub some people here wrong.

Comment

• BayAreaBoltz
                Chargers Hall of Fame
                • Sep 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Kellyb72601 View Post
                A lot of people in this thread have some crow to eat. I said 2 weeks ago Staley has been coaching his ass off. Now tonight missing 6 starters he held one of the best offenses in football to about 100 yards for an entire frigging game. It'll go un-noticed in the bigger scheme of things but this is right up there with Belichik shutting down the Rams & Bills in superbowls.
                Wait - one good game and people somehow have to eat crow? How many more bad games does he have to coach until other people have to start eating something?

Comment

• richpjr
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Nashville
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by BayAreaBoltz View Post

Wait - one good game and people somehow have to eat crow? How many more bad games does he have to coach until other people have to start eating something?
                  I didn't say anyone had to eat anything, I said he will be back if we make the playoffs and it will rub some people wrong - evidently like you.

The reality is the team could have tanked and did not. Staley held them together and if he continues that over the next 4 games get used to seeing him on the sidelines for a while.

Comment

• BayAreaBoltz
                    Chargers Hall of Fame
                    • Sep 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

I didn't say anyone had to eat anything, I said he will be back if we make the playoffs and it will rub some people wrong - evidently like you.

The reality is the team could have tanked and did not. Staley held them together and if he continues that over the next 4 games get used to seeing him on the sidelines for a while.
                    Rich - why are you thinking I’m talking to you? I clearly quoted someone else. Are you sure you are reading these posts correctly (cause I don’t know what your referencing here).

Comment

• richpjr
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Nashville
                      • Send PM

Rich - why are you thinking I’m talking to you? I clearly quoted someone else. Are you sure you are reading these posts correctly (cause I don’t know what your referencing here).
                      Ooops - you are correct, I thought you were responding to my post, not Kellybs. Did not mean to attribute something you didn't reply to - my bad.

Comment

• NoMoreChillies
                        Outback Goon
                        • Sep 2018
                        • Australia
                        • Send PM

Staley has done something few Chargers coaches can: mistake free football

Comment

• ChargersPowderBlue
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Aug 2019
                          • Send PM

I see why you would still be worried. I'd like to see something Staley hasn't done yet; win more than 3 games straight games, win 4 consecutive games. Also, all of these years under Telesco is hoping to sneak in the playoffs which is wearing on people.

Comment

Working...
                          X