First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dmac_bolt
    replied
    Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

Yes someone did something to the effect of Samuel was the #2 on most boards.
    Then offered only one where he was.
    Do we know which two of Surtain, Farley and Horne he was ahead of on those boards? I saw a couple boards that had him #3, one had him ahead of Horne, one had Farley down quite a bit, prob due to injury concern. most I saw had Samuel between 4 and 7. PFF had hm #5 CB.

The few that had him at #3 are the correct ones . He’s going to be a good player, i don’t care about rankings.

Leave a comment:

• equivocation
    replied
    Originally posted by Boltdiehard View Post
    Would love to see the history of these post draft grades from the experts over the years once the players have actually played.
    So your favorite team just got a good grade in this year’s NFL draft. Congrats! Surely this is the first step on the path to future Super Bowls, right? Well, um…

Leave a comment:

• Boltdiehard
    replied
    Would love to see the history of these post draft grades from the experts over the years once the players have actually played.

Leave a comment:

• RTPbolt
    replied
    Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
    Ravens fans are bitching about taking a 7th rounder at the end of the 3rd. It’s their team, they take the players they need for whatever reason they want. And it’s not based on outside groupthink draft lists.
    I agree. We truly dont have a clue what characteristics are being used on these potential draft picks to rank them. We dont get paid as professionals to do it either. Its subjective. We are armchair GMs. If you get the player you want you can argue it doesnt matter what round you get them in...we have been fed the structure for value but its not even agreed upon by coaches and GMs. It makes us feel better thinking we did great or poorly but how others ranked players but it means nothing now...we have players and where they were drafted I assure you doesnt matter to Staley. He just wants performance and buyin and who cares if the 6th rounder outperforms a 2nd rounder...its the wrong measurement as soon as they are drafted.

Leave a comment:

• Panamamike
    replied
    Originally posted by TexanBeerlover View Post

Except the passing attack won’t eat much clock.......
    It does when the pass is completed and they stay in bounds.

Leave a comment:

• TexanBeerlover
    replied
    Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

Your best Defense is to keep your offense on the field as long as possible each and every game!

:beer:
    Except the passing attack won’t eat much clock.......

Leave a comment:

• gzubeck
    replied

I think it will work out fine, they really, really wanted both on this roster. Both will probably get 2nd contracts if they fulfill expectations, if that happens I’m not going to bitch about it.

Tom Telesco is very conservative, and doesn’t go for high ceiling players it seems 3rd rd, and after. Was hoping to go all defensive secondary in the 3rd, instead went all offensive, lol
    Your best Defense is to keep your offense on the field as long as possible each and every game!

:beer:

Leave a comment:

• TexanBeerlover
    replied
    Originally posted by chaincrusher View Post

Unfortunately, in the third round, Telesco resolved the age old player versus position debate by doing neither and reaching for players at positions that were not those of greatest need.

What is it about Telesco and the third round anyway? Maybe next year when the third round begins, the team should consider

sending Telesco out for snacks and soda.
    I think it will work out fine, they really, really wanted both on this roster. Both will probably get 2nd contracts if they fulfill expectations, if that happens I’m not going to bitch about it.

Tom Telesco is very conservative, and doesn’t go for high ceiling players it seems 3rd rd, and after. Was hoping to go all defensive secondary in the 3rd, instead went all offensive, lol

Leave a comment:

• Formula 21
    replied
    Ravens fans are bitching about taking a 7th rounder at the end of the 3rd. It’s their team, they take the players they need for whatever reason they want. And it’s not based on outside groupthink draft lists.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    No Telesco is serious, player not position. That’s how it went off the rails in 3rd rd. Or least what most of us thought would happen. Also think that strategy leds to complacency. I would have like to trade up in the 3rd to get Stanford CB Paulson Adebo or Minnesota CB Benjamin St-Juste. My thinking was positions, in secondary and also higher grades than WR or TE.

Again, Telesco drafts players with specific traits. I get that now. Those traits however are only known to a few who have the research and do the backgrounds. About all we can do is look from the outside and push our players with known traits we feel comfortable about and just throw darts at needs.
    Unfortunately, in the third round, Telesco resolved the age old player versus position debate by doing neither and reaching for players at positions that were not those of greatest need.

What is it about Telesco and the third round anyway? Maybe next year when the third round begins, the team should consider sending Telesco out for snacks and soda.

Leave a comment:

• TexanBeerlover
    replied
    Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

We could have drafted Ifeatu Melifonwu (CB) at either of our 3rds. He was a top 20 prospect for me.
    I agree, must have been some other trait we don’t know about that knocked him out?

This may help a little, know it made me feel better -

Leave a comment:

• like54ninjas
    replied
    No Telesco is serious, player not position. That’s how it went off the rails in 3rd rd. Or least what most of us thought would happen. Also think that strategy leds to complacency. I would have like to trade up in the 3rd to get Stanford CB Paulson Adebo or Minnesota CB Benjamin St-Juste. My thinking was positions, in secondary and also higher grades than WR or TE.

Again, Telesco drafts players with specific traits. I get that now. Those traits however are only known to a few who have the research and do the backgrounds. About all we can do is look from the outside and push our players with known traits we feel comfortable about and just throw darts at needs.
    We could have drafted Ifeatu Melifonwu (CB) at either of our 3rds. He was a top 20 prospect for me.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X