Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TexanBeerlover
    replied
    No Telesco is serious, player not position. That’s how it went off the rails in 3rd rd. Or least what most of us thought would happen. Also think that strategy leds to complacency. I would have like to trade up in the 3rd to get Stanford CB Paulson Adebo or Minnesota CB Benjamin St-Juste. My thinking was positions, in secondary and also higher grades than WR or TE.

Again, Telesco drafts players with specific traits. I get that now. Those traits however are only known to a few who have the research and do the backgrounds. About all we can do is look from the outside and push our players with known traits we feel comfortable about and just throw darts at needs.

Leave a comment:

• like54ninjas
    replied
    Originally posted by Jorgecasas10 View Post

I mean after drafting JOK then make a trade up for asante samuel it would have been nice
    What is the cost moving up from #77 to #48?

Leave a comment:

• like54ninjas
    replied
    Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post
    Did someone say Asante was #2 CB in the draft?
    Yes someone did something to the effect of Samuel was the #2 on most boards.
    Then offered only one where he was.

Leave a comment:

• dmac_bolt
    replied
    Did someone say Asante was #2 CB in the draft?

Leave a comment:

• Jorgecasas10
    replied
    Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

We didn't trade up for asante. and asante would not have been there for out third round pick.
    I mean after drafting JOK then make a trade up for asante samuel it would have been nice

Leave a comment:

• PhilaBoltster
    replied
    It’s impossible not to let your positional need influence your draft. And nothing wrong with it, you have to build a team and shore up the weak links. They certainly weren’t going to take a QB or a SS in the first round, for example. Also drafting for position can also mean which positions are more impactful, such as CB > ILB, if you believe that to be the case (I do).

Leave a comment:

• gzubeck
    replied

Lets hope webb is a steal
    but i think JOK was a steal in round 2
    And after that trade up for asante samuel giving up our 4th
    1 slater
    2 JOK
    3rd samuel
    3rd palmer
    5th rumph
    6th jaimes
    6th rountree
    7th webb
    We didn't trade up for asante. and asante would not have been there for out third round pick.

Leave a comment:

• Jorgecasas10
    replied
    Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

That's kinda what Webb is gonna do drafted in the 7th. If he pans out he could be the steal of the draft.

:beer:
    Lets hope webb is a steal
    but i think JOK was a steal in round 2
    And after that trade up for asante samuel giving up our 4th
    1 slater
    2 JOK
    3rd samuel
    3rd palmer
    5th rumph
    6th jaimes
    6th rountree
    7th webb

Leave a comment:

• gzubeck
    replied

He is lying if that was true he would have picked jeremiah owusu koramoah in the 2nd round
    That's kinda what Webb is gonna do drafted in the 7th. If he pans out he could be the steal of the draft.

:beer:

Leave a comment:

• Jorgecasas10
    replied
    Originally posted by TexanBeerlover View Post
    When Telesco says he drafts players, not positions, I believe him now, just funny how they aligned in 1st and 2nd rds.
    :ygdr:
    He is lying if that was true he would have picked jeremiah owusu koramoah in the 2nd round

Leave a comment:

• TexanBeerlover
    replied
    When Telesco says he drafts players, not positions, I believe him now, just funny how they aligned in 1st and 2nd rds.
    :ygdr:

Leave a comment:

• Panamamike
    replied
    Originally posted by DragonIce View Post

I never said Panama's post was stupid, nor the younger generation was stupid. All generations have their own merits...and all are unique. But most certainly there is a lot of grade inflation in today's educational system and it effects how younger people think. There are other reasons I can think of for someone giving an A+.... maybe they are a bit of a homer, perhaps they are ultra generous, or they are in a really, really good mood.
    :More Q Please:

...or...they are speaking within some unique frame-work or context...that a reader might miss. Sorry for any offense, all.
    All good. FYI I am 50, very well educated, born and raised in Ontario Canada. Have been living in Panama for 15 years. I have been a bolts fan since 1979 and I was the only bolts fan I know of in my hometown. Just some background... This is not an add for a singles sight !!!! Hahahhahaha.

As far as the draft goes, we'll see how this one worked out in a few years. I do believe that Staley had a focus on all three phases of the team as well as unique skill sets he was looking to improve vis-a-vis matchups. It is merely the first of what I hope is many drafts of which he's a part of for our team.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X