Roster what areas can we "improve most" before Kickoff?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Stinky Wizzleteats+
    Grammar Police
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

We look about three players light at Center after what happened last year...
    Go Rivers!

Comment

• MakoShark
      Disgruntled
      • Jun 2013
      • North Alabama
      • Send PM

In a word: The Trenches. OK, that's 2 words, but you get my drift. I see us as weak up the middle on both sides of the ball.
      sigpic

Comment

• Formula 21
        The Future is Now
        • Jun 2013
        • Republic of San Diego
        • Send PM

Looks like they're concentrating the practice snaps to two young centers.
        Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
        The Wasted Decade is done.
        Build Back Better.

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
          No Sir, I Dont Like It
          • Jun 2013
          • Section 457
          • Migrant Film Worker
          • Send PM

I thought all of our OL took snaps at C under coach D?
          Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
          sigpic

Comment

• Ebenezer
            Registered Charger Fan
            • May 2015
            • Send PM

Seems to me that OL, OLB depth and TE depth are the three areas that could stand to see some improvement and have it actually happen.

A roster cut or trade might mean an upgrade over Troutman.

Law or whoever is holding the 5th OLB spot could lose the job to a decent cut.

And we still lack any real effective blocking at TE.

Comment

• Boltaction
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jul 2013
              • Send PM

Donnie Brown needs to be replaced with a better player. I'm hoping one of the udfa rb's beats him out. We just can't afford the drop off if something happens to MG. Rivers is 31and 3 when the rb runs for over 100 yards in a game. That says it all, we need better running from the first rb to the last on the team. I think if Ronnie Brown is still on the team when the season begins fire the head coach and Tom Telesco for protecting and over paying a piece of crap. They should have kept Grice last year and cut Donnie Brown. They better find a better back up than over the hill crap, and expensive crap too.

Comment

• KNSD
                Registered Charger Hater
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltaction View Post
                Donnie Brown needs to be replaced with a better player. I'm hoping one of the backup RBs at Grossmont College quits college and joins the Chargers to replace him.
                Fixed.
                Prediction:
                Correct: Chargers CI fails miserably.
                Fail: Team stays in San Diego until their lease runs out in 2020. (without getting new deal done by then) .
                Sig Bet WIN: The Chargers will file for relocation on January 15.

Comment

• Ebenezer
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • May 2015
                  • Send PM

Dreamius Smith has a pretty impressive athletic profile to potentially take Brown's spot. Whether or not they're willing to replace the veteran with a rookie will likely depend on how comfortable they are with Oliver as the primary backup.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                    Dont let the PBs fool ya
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Henderson, NV
                    • Send PM

Brown is still under contract?

Comment

• Ebenezer
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • May 2015
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
                      Brown is still under contract?
                      He's one year into a three year contract.

Comment

• SDFan
                        Woober Goober
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Dolores, CO
                        • Retired
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltaction View Post
                        Donnie Brown needs to be replaced with a better player. I'm hoping one of the udfa rb's beats him out. We just can't afford the drop off if something happens to MG. Rivers is 31and 3 when the rb runs for over 100 yards in a game. That says it all, we need better running from the first rb to the last on the team. I think if Ronnie Brown is still on the team when the season begins fire the head coach and Tom Telesco for protecting and over paying a piece of crap. They should have kept Grice last year and cut Donnie Brown. They better find a better back up than over the hill crap, and expensive crap too.
                        not gonna happen BA. DBrown did not suck last year despite some people's opinions around here and he was not on the level of a Meachum or Cox type FA bust. Brown was not brought in to be a workhorse all purpose back while replacing both Mathews and Woodhead at the same time. He was supposed to complement them and substitute a couple series per game when guys where gassed or dinged up. It was also expected we would have the same OL success as the year before. If we truly fix the OL and Brown doesn't maximize his opportunities I can see him being in trouble- but not yet.

And Grice? The guy was a scrub and it was obvious even in TC Oliver was the much better candidate to make the team and stick.
                        Life is too short to drink cheap beer :beer:

Comment

• Lightningwill_420

Originally posted by SDfan View Post
                          not gonna happen BA. DBrown did not suck last year despite some people's opinions around here and he was not on the level of a Meachum or Cox type FA bust. Brown was not brought in to be a workhorse all purpose back while replacing both Mathews and Woodhead at the same time. He was supposed to complement them and substitute a couple series per game when guys where gassed or dinged up. It was also expected we would have the same OL success as the year before. If we truly fix the OL and Brown doesn't maximize his opportunities I can see him being in trouble- but not yet.

And Grice? The guy was a scrub and it was obvious even in TC Oliver was the much better candidate to make the team and stick.
                          Even Ronnie Brown was better than Donald Brown last year.

Comment

Working...
                          X