Older QBs will cuase a reserection of the running first philosophy.

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Stinky Wizzleteats+
    Grammar Police
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Older QBs will cuase a reserection of the running first philosophy.

You can hardly go a day without hearing or reading that the NFL is a “passing league.” There’s also scant statistical evidence to suggest that statement is wrong—at least not right now...

very interesting and compelling... I say this makes drafting Melvin even more critical to our success this year and going forward.
    Last edited by Stinky Wizzleteats+; 05-06-2015, 05:32 PM.
    Go Rivers!
  • Classic
    Hall Of Fame
    • Dec 2014
    • Send PM

This is true. The only real great QB is Luck and possibly Wilson if having Graham develops his craft more. Rodgers might push 40 but with how mobile he is and up and down that Packers OLINE is I doubt he gets past 36.

NFC West

Kapernick is mobile QB
    Foles is a decent to good QB
    Palmer is on his last leg.
    Wilson looks promising.

NFC East
    Romo a old fart with a bad back.
    Sheli is a iron man but his shitty play will get him ousted from NY way before a injury.
    Bradford/Sanchez don't make me laugh.
    RG3 is headed the wrong direction and is a mobile QB.

NFC North

Rodgers is great for 5 more and then some if healthy (3 years on bench gives him this luxury)
    Bridgewater is good QB and has all the tools imo to be great one.
    Cutler is exactly who we thought he was.
    Stafford is good and sometimes great QB. Needs to cut down on the stupid ints. His only 27 and has a bright future ahead of him.

NFC South

Ryan is good QB, who never took the step to a Great One.
    Brees is a old fart, who has to look for Grayson over his shoulder. Should be released in 2016.
    Winston is a boom or bust. Bust not imo because of play but off the field issues.
    Newton is good but most likely won't be Elite for a number of reasons.

AFC North

Big Ben is a old fart that takes a beating and no longer has those great defenses to help him. Probably doesn't finish out new contract.
    Flacco a mediocre regular season QB but a Montana like GOD in the post-season.
    Cleveland is a question mark as they have no QB.
    Dalton is exactly who he'll be the rest of his career a mediocre QB to Good QB.

AFC South

All hail Andrew Luck the king of NFL for the next decade.
    Bortles is ?
    Mariota is also ?
    Texans have no body.

AFC East
    Brady is second oldest fart and should be on his way out. Grappalolo might be something though.
    Tannehill is a good QB but he'll need to do more to anything special.
    Jets have no one.
    Bills have no one.

AFC West

Manning is a elder god now. He'll never retire lol
    Alex Smith is the definition of average QB.
    Carr did well with the chittys cast of rejects the NFL has ever known. Has no where to go but up.
    Rivers our own beloved old fart probably finishes out next contract. Where ever that might be.

Comment

• richpjr
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Nashville
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Stinky Wizzleteats+ View Post
      http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...ame-in-the-nfl

very interesting and compelling... I say this makes drafting Melvin even more critical to our success this year and going forward.
      Interesting, but I'm not sure it's quite so simple. Both the Chargers running and passing game were severely affected by the injuries and terrible play of the offensive line. I expect both will improve a lot this season. Having said that, they were talking on the radio about a couple of stats (hope I have them right - going from memory). I believe they said Rivers is 22-15 when passing for 300 yards and 37-4 when he had a 100 yard rusher.

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
        No Sir, I Dont Like It
        • Jun 2013
        • Section 457
        • Migrant Film Worker
        • Send PM

Mods, thread title is cuasing brian tumerz
        Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
        sigpic

Comment

• RTPbolt
          Charger Fan till the end
          • Jun 2013
          • North Carolina
          • Send PM

I truly believe we would have made the playoffs with Mathews healthy. I think even with our crap line he would have changed the whole dynamic. We were a different team with a stud rb to take the pressure off the passing game and keeping defenses honest by healthily respecting the run. Woody and Mathews made the offense horribly difficult to contain ...ask Seattle.

That said I truly believe Gordon with Woody will completely revive the offense. It has all the potential to be lights out again. Like Fleet I just have this feeling we landed a special talent that is just figuring out how good he really can be. Very exciting in my book. Throw in Stevie Johnson and our Wr group will be even better. I dont love our line but i have faith TT has a good plan in place to get the best 5 OL out there and I anticipate another OL signing in the coming months through cuts or other.

Rivers provided we keep him healthy is still a force to game plan for and will be for years health willing. He is going to no other team, especially with a new runniin back stud to keep him healthy and having fun out there.
          Last edited by RTPbolt; 05-06-2015, 05:36 PM.

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
            Grammar Police
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

We shall see.
            Go Rivers!

Comment

• Sec-E4
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Sep 2014
              • Arizona
              • Send PM

Originally posted by RTPbolt View Post
              I truly believe we would have made the playoffs with Mathews healthy. I think even with our crap line he would have changed the whole dynamic. We were a different team with a stud rb to take the pressure off the passing game and keeping defenses honest by healthily respecting the run. Woody and Mathews made the offense horribly difficult to contain ...ask Seattle.

That said I truly believe Gordon with Woody will completely revive the offense. It has all the potential to be lights out again. Like Fleet I just have this feeling we landed a special talent that is just figuring out how good he really can be. Very exciting in my book. Throw in Stevie Johnson and our Wr group will be even better. I dont love our line but i have faith TT has a good plan in place to get the best 5 OL out there and I anticipate another OL signing in the coming months through cuts or other.

Rivers provided we keep him healthy is still a force to game plan for and will be for years health willing. He is going to no other team, especially with a new runniin back stud to keep him healthy and having fun out there.

Even with Mathews out...I think if we had Woody for the whole season that could have made the Playoffs..Woody would have opened up our WR and RB game. It's crazy how such a little dude could create such Havoc and change the destiny of an NFL team

Comment

• Fleet
                TPB Founder
                • Jun 2013
                • Cardiff - Poipu
                • Send PM

I wrote about this early in the draft process. I think BKR and I got into the discussion about it.

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
                  Grammar Police
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

If the oc can't get a QB he trusts he can get an oline and RB he does.
                  Go Rivers!

Comment

• Den60
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Yes, I'm sure as QBs get older this is going to change the league back to a "3 yards and a cloud of dust" league. Once we run out of the "old guard,"when it comes to QBs, the only thing left will be RBs.

Comment

• Sec-E4
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Sep 2014
                      • Arizona
                      • Send PM

Older QB's will get a sports hernia while the running game keeps on keeping on and will later be interrupted by the movie "Heidi"

Comment

• Steve
                        Administrator
                        • Jun 2013
                        • South Carolina
                        • Meteorologist
                        • Send PM

I don't think the RB have that much to do with it. Franklin is the key. He replaces Reinhart who was incredibly inconsistent. He doesn't even have to be overpowering (although he should be), he just needs to hold his block long enough to get the RB into the line. If Reinhart had played up to his level of the previous season, we would have been a lot better then we were (still the C and right side to worry about). But allowing a lot of quick pressure up the middle kills any running game, which is why we went out and got the top OG in FA. It will also help our inside pass protection.

Comment

Working...
                        X