• Show
Clear All
  • richpjr
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Nashville
    • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post
    Agree on the generalities, just think the Trout is a long shot to start at this point, and wouldn't surprise me if he got cut.
    I'd be shocked if he got cut this season. What is his contract status (too lazy to look)?

Comment

• blueman
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Dunno. He's not starting material and a sucky backup, pretty sure somebody will beat him out for a backup spot. If not then we have even sucker OL bodies in TC this year...which sucks. He's just one of the legion of college players who can't be effective at this level, we've seen 'em before and we'll surely see 'em again, best to move on and see if the next man can step up - which TT has all but done looking at who he's kept from last season and who he's brought in this offseason.

Trout's best chance of landing a roster spot anywhere is via injury to a better player (I'm not Steve, just have zero faith Troutman can be an asset for us).

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
        No Sir, I Dont Like It
        • Jun 2013
        • Section 457
        • Migrant Film Worker
        • Send PM

You need Steve-like abilities to be able to see Trout-like abilities.
        Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
        sigpic

Comment

• Lightningwill_420

Originally posted by KNSD View Post
          Watt didn't show me anything last season that suggests he'll be a decent OL in the NFL. That doesn't mean he won't be a good OC, just that there's not much IN GAME evidence backing up the claim that he will. Hope the Chargers are right on this one.
          KNSD knows what's up.

I still have hope Watt will be a good center; I just have nothing to base that on.

Either bring in somebody who has had at least some success at center like we should have done before the year started, or, if that is not possible, stick with Watt and hope he gets better. Do not bench Watt for some other guy who hasn't proven he's any good either.

Comment

• TTK
            EX-Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • America's Finest City
            • Send PM

Robinson has been playing better than Watt IMO.

Comment

• Lightningwill_420

Originally posted by TTK View Post
              Just in the one game, or was that true last year as well?

Mike McCoy obviously thought Watt outplayed Robinson last year and/or during training camp and pre season this year. But I'm not saying you're wrong. So far, I see no evidence that Mike McCoy is a good judge of who his best players are.

Comment

• Lightningwill_420

Originally posted by TTK View Post
                Just in the one game, or was that true last year as well?

Mike McCoy obviously thought Watt outplayed Robinson last year and/or during training camp and pre season this year. But I'm not saying you're wrong. So far, I see no evidence that Mike McCoy is a good judge of who his best players are.

McCoy got it right on King Dunlap vs. What's-his-face from the Steelers a couple years ago, but that's about it.

Comment

Working...
                X