• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Boltaction
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jul 2013
    • Send PM

Questions about LA and history of the NFL

1. What is the only team born in Los Angeles?

That's right if you guessed the Chargers you are right.

AFL franchise in Los Angeles[edit]
    In 1960, the American Football League (AFL) was formed. The now-San Diego Chargers played their first season in Los Angeles, but moved to San Diego in 1961.

The Rams were born in Cleveland and were the Cleveland Rams before moving to LA in 1946. The Rams moved to Anaheim in 1979 and the Rams moved to St Louis in 1995.

The Raiders were born in Oakland and moved to LA in 1982. They left LA in 1995.

2. Which team still calls Los Angeles as their home base in Television and that base has been approved by the NFL?

IF you guessed the Chargers you are right.

But the Raiders also play in California and their games are also televised in LA. Because they have plenty of fans in LA.

Charger games if blacked out in SD are also blacked out in LA, no other team can claim that.

3. What two teams still claim Los Angeles as their markets in California? That's right the Chargers and the Raiders, both have sworn to sue any teams that move into the Los Angeles markets, I believe they will, to protect their California market.

Just the same if another team moves into New York City lucrative market, I am sure the Jets and the Giants would sue even though both play in another state, New Jersey. It won't matter because both claim the Television market of New York City.

4. Who are the only two teams that play in California, and claim the Television market of Los Angeles? If you guessed the Chargers and Raiders you are right. The Chargers claim to the league and anyone that will listen that they own the rights to LA and no other team, especially those from other states do not own rights to LA. The Raiders claim they still own rights to LA and have also threatened to sue any team that moves to LA.

I know Kroenke believes he can move to Los Angeles market with no repercussions from the league in spite of their vote. Believe the Chargers and Raiders will sue any team trying to move to Los Angeles. They will protect their television markets with all the might they have. It won't be just the league that votes against the Rams for trying to move back into LA, it will be major Law Suites from those teams claiming they will be damaged. It will be suits in the Billions of dollars. Kroenke could lose everything, all his money to two teams already claiming the market of LA.

Anyone that believes the Jets and Giants wouldn't sue to protect New Yorks lucrative market just the same is crazy. And I believe the Chargers and Raiders will win billions if Kroenke is so crazy he moves anyways against the vote of the NFL and into markets that are Claimed by the Chargers and Raiders.

Let me know what you think? Would the Jets and Giants lose their markets if Kroenke decides to move his team to New York? No team currently plays in New York City.
  • Lightningwill_420

The correct answer to all the above questions is:

F*#@ Los Angeles.

San Diego Super Chargers forever.

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
      No Sir, I Dont Like It
      • Jun 2013
      • Section 457
      • Migrant Film Worker
      • Send PM

I think the NFL owners will decide who is going where. If it hasn't already been decided in a back room meeting.
      Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
      sigpic

Comment

• TTK
        EX-Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • America's Finest City
        • Send PM

As we all know, the NFL is all about greed. They're going to vote for the team that would be the most successful and bring in the most $$$. That to me, is the Rams and a vacant spot that can be used to threaten more cities for a new stadium.

Comment

• Boltaction
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jul 2013
          • Send PM

Expect the Buffalo Bills to move to New York City if Kreonke moves the Rams to LA with no repricussions. The Buffalo Bills owner is looking for a more lucrative market. How many other teams wiil want to move into other teams markets, like Dallas. There are some great markets if you ignore the teams that already claim they own those television markets.

Comment

• Bolt-O
            Administrator
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

The Chargers can only claim LA as a secondary TV market. The main station up there, KCBS, shows SD home games when they are sold out. However, if they are on the road, the station sometimes shows other games than the Chargers, for better ratings. There are maps that show coverage (506sports), and at times, SD county and the local home market (like Jax) are the only areas marked. I don't think the 'duhs have any claim of the LA TV market, but show pre-season games as part of their network there. The Fox station doesn't have any qualms about not showing a Charger game when it's on its network.

Comment

• Boltaction
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jul 2013
              • Send PM

Won't matter. The Chargers had to claim the LA market was within seventy five miles and forced the league to enforce the television market of LA because LA television wouldn't cooperate. The League had to enforce their own rules over the television market of Los Angeles and made them broadcast Chargers games as well as black them out if the home games were not sold out. The Chargers own the Los Angeles television markets as much as the Jets and Giants own the New York tri state television markets. The Chargers will win just as much as if Kreonke moved the Rams to New York City. It will be billions of dollars in damages.

Comment

• TABF
                Por debajo del promedio
                • Jun 2013
                • SoCal
                • Send PM

Boltaction: old news! San Diego owns the LA TV market.

Bolt-O... all Charges away games are televised in LA unless the game is a Fox game, then it is a crap shoot.

Comment

fender57
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Again, Al Davis successfully sued to move the Raiders to LA. The Rams "owned" the television market back then. I put "owned" in parentheses because nobody owns the market. It's called free enterprise.

Boltaction, you seem to have a real hardon for the Chargers moving to LA. Good to know they have one fan up there I suppose.

Comment

• Lightningwill_420

Originally posted by TTK View Post
                    As we all know, the NFL is all about greed. They're going to vote for the team that would be the most successful and bring in the most $$$. That to me, is the Rams and a vacant spot that can be used to threaten more cities for a new stadium.
                    Mos def.

Comment

• TTK
                      EX-Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • America's Finest City
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltaction View Post
                      Expect the Buffalo Bills to move to New York City if Kreonke moves the Rams to LA with no repricussions. The Buffalo Bills owner is looking for a more lucrative market. How many other teams wiil want to move into other teams markets, like Dallas. There are some great markets if you ignore the teams that already claim they own those television markets.
                      The Bills stadium lease ends in 2022. They aren't going anywhere.

Comment

• TTK
                        EX-Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • America's Finest City
                        • Send PM

After all this hype and spectacle being made about the NFL returning to LA, could you imagine if it wound up being the Chargers? All of LA would let out a collective yawn.

You think the NFL wants this to flop after all the time and effort they're putting into this? The Rams in Inglewood is the only logical choice. The Raiders could go shack up with the 49ers and if the Chargers can't get anything done here, maybe they look towards St. Louis.

Also, I can't see the conservative non-risk taking Dean Spanos making the move to Carson and having to play in a temporary facility with the possibility of environmental or AEG lawsuits killing that deal. Then what? He's left in no-man's land without a home. You think the NFL would let him move with that scenario in play?
                        Last edited by TTK; 05-24-2015, 08:34 PM.

Comment

Working...
                        X