• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Stinky Wizzleteats+
    Grammar Police
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Germ Edwards should comment on this topic...
    Go Rivers!

Comment

• Steve
      Administrator
      • Jun 2013
      • South Carolina
      • Meteorologist
      • Send PM

This kid has a maturity you have to like. That and he was the best guy on their D by a wide margin, so he got moved around and got to do a little bit of everything. Played in the slot, played outside, was the designated blitzer, and made tackles all over the field.

The practice quote sounds like the old Seau practice quote. "They pay me to practice, I play the games for free."

Comment

• Panamamike
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Engine Engine Number 420 View Post
        Game. We talking about a game. Not practice. Not a practice, man. We talking about a game, man. We talking about game. Not practice, actual practice, when it matters. We talking about a game.
        Good OL' A.I. Should have practiced saving $

Comment

• Panamamike
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Engine Engine Number 420 View Post
          Game. We talking about a game. Not practice. Not a practice, man. We talking about a game, man. We talking about game. Not practice, actual practice, when it matters. We talking about a game.
          Good OL' A.I. Should have practiced saving $

Comment

• QSmokey
            Guardedly Optimistic
            • Jun 2013
            • Kuna, Idaho
            • Retired
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula Two One View Post
            Mager knows how to impress. I look for him to stand out in TC. Who knows, maybe he can be the starting nickle to open the season. The more you learn about him, the more you see that he was not a reach in the 3rd.
            I think he was taken in the 3rd because we didn't have a 4th (again). I guess I'm not as optimistic that this guy from a small school is going to come in and be the 'starting' nickel back right away. My hope is that he contributes on ST. Anything else is gravy as far as I'm concerned.

Comment

• Formula 21
              The Future is Now
              • Jun 2013
              • Republic of San Diego
              • Send PM

I remember when Gill Byrd came in and I was disappointed with his athleticism. He won with smarts, study and determination. Hopefully Mager can be that kind of guy.

And by the way, Gill is currently the cornerbacks coach of the Tampa Bay Bucs.
              Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
              The Wasted Decade is done.
              Build Back Better.

Comment

• Grinners
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
                Hes going to have a big role in our run d. Hes our best run defending DB already. We really struggle against the run and often its missed tackles. Hes a very sound run defender. Like a smaller Perryman imo.
                When I heard that about him just after he was drafted the first thing I thought was there is our new Safety......... He is suppose to be a hard hitter for a Corner also. Looks like our Draft had a focus!!!

Comment

• Lightningwill_420

I remember when Gill Byrd came in and I was disappointed with his athleticism. He won with smarts, study and determination. Hopefully Mager can be that kind of guy.

And by the way, Gill is currently the cornerbacks coach of the Tampa Bay Bucs.
                  Athleticism? Ack.

Yea, Gill Byrd is lucky he played at a time when guys were given time to improve at cornerback. He wasn't good for a few years; but he got better and better. Best corner we've had in my lifetime. I thought he was a pretty good post-game commentator too, and I don't generally like hearing what ex jocks have to say about games.

Comment

• Lightningwill_420

Yeah, except you play how you practice.
                    True. I suck at practice and at games.

Comment

• Geezbolt
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Sun Valley, ID
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Grinners View Post
                      When I heard that about him just after he was drafted the first thing I thought was there is our new Safety......... He is suppose to be a hard hitter for a Corner also. Looks like our Draft had a focus!!!
                      Safety was my first thought too. Remember, Weddle played some corner in college as well. There seem to be similarities between the two of them, not the least of which is they are identical in size. I've also wondered if what appears to be a reluctance to rush into a large, extended contract with Weddle has anything to do with them wanting to see first what they have in Mager. I love Weddle and hope he finishes his career here, but this is a business with a lot of moving parts.

Comment

• Bearded14YourPleasure
                        Fluent in Sarcasm
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Iowa
                        • Man of the People
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by QSmokey View Post
                        I think he was taken in the 3rd because we didn't have a 4th (again). I guess I'm not as optimistic that this guy from a small school is going to come in and be the 'starting' nickel back right away. My hope is that he contributes on ST. Anything else is gravy as far as I'm concerned.
                        How does not having a 4th round pick influence who you take the round before? You take whoever is on top of your board.

Comment

• KNSD
                          Registered Charger Hater
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

They could have rated Mager pretty high, but they could have projected that he would be available in the 4th and taken him there. But, with no 4th, they took him when they could get him.
                          Prediction:
                          Correct: Chargers CI fails miserably.
                          Fail: Team stays in San Diego until their lease runs out in 2020. (without getting new deal done by then) .
                          Sig Bet WIN: The Chargers will file for relocation on January 15.

Comment

Working...
                          X