Film Study: The Good, The Bad and The Ugly (week2 vs DAL)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • NoMoreChillies
    Outback Goon
    • Sep 2018
    • Australia
    • Send PM

Film Study: The Good, The Bad and The Ugly (week2 vs DAL)

G'day fellow diehards, welcome back for another film study to rub some salt in our wounds
    This week saw beautiful SOFI all-22 which is big and wide (i love it). I could have focused on the bad ref job but instead chose plays away from the controversy. We cant fix the refs but can fix these plays and replicate the good ones too.

The Good
    1st and 10 ball on12yrd line. Chargers have driven down into the redzone. In previous years we would expect MWill to be catching jump balls or fade routes in the back of the end zone, but this time he gets to showcase his speed, strength and sheer will to get the TD. Notice how the corner and the safety both diagnose the play but are unable to stop MWill. A truly superb effort

The Bad
    1st and 10 ball on 39yrd line. Murray read the play well and covers the TE in the flat like you are supposed to. He had the chance to make a big hit and put his stamp early on this game. What could have been a 1 yrd loss and big hype play for the def instead turns into a 7yrd gain. Is it coaching like we all scream in previous seasons or just lazy tackling? i dunno

The Ugly
    2nd and 9 ball on 46yrd line. Oh boy is this ugly. Both Norton and Aboushi with bad communication letting the DE #92 a free shot on Herbert. This is a sure fire way to get your QB hurt. Add in the hurried pass to Ekeler and the swarming Dallas def i could also see him getting injured on this play too. I never want to see this again. Chargers got lucky both players survived.

Honorable mentions:

Hon1: Great run blocking by all. Cook seals the edge, Slater turns the DE out of the play, both Feiler and Aboushi get to the 2nd level and Ekeler just weaving his way to 20yrds.

Hon2: Great pass protection. Herbert has a clean pocket and finds the open hole in the zone def. Slayer making at great catch tops it off

As always luv ya
    -Chillies
  • foreigner
    Tom Telesco is gone
    • Sep 2013
    • Send PM

This reminds of the Marty S. era... remember when the chargers looked a like a disaster with him as the HC? Then everything turned friking awesome... hopefully that is what is going to happen.

I feel this is a work in progress but IMHO someone who needs to step up is TT. I feel like he provides the Shining Stars but not the working gears. Like the home run batters... 1 HR and 3 SO...

Comment

• Topcat
      AKA "Pollcat"
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

Yep...that WAS ugly. How could Norton not see Armstrong and not pick him up? Such poor awareness and execution...wow...

ugly norton vs boys.JPG

Comment

• foreigner
        Tom Telesco is gone
        • Sep 2013
        • Send PM

I wouldnt mind trying Schofield at RT....

Comment

• powderblueboy
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jul 2017
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post
          Yep...that WAS ugly. How could Norton not see Armstrong and not pick him up? Such poor awareness and execution...wow...

ugly norton vs boys.JPG
          Not certain where Oboushi enters the picture in terms of communication problems.
          Was he suppose to tell Storm that the defensive end is Storm's responsibility?

Comment

• powderblueboy
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jul 2017
            • Send PM

Originally posted by foreigner View Post
            I wouldnt mind trying Schofield at RT....
            Yeah! He would thrive just as well with a tight end constantly over his shoulder, minus the brain farts.

Comment

• CivilBolt
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Nov 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

ugly norton vs boys.JPG
              I agree. That a scary big hit on JH. Thankfully he wasn’t hurt.

Comment

• CivilBolt
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Nov 2019
                • Send PM

Hon2 was an elite beautiful dime throw. Nice find!

Comment

• BoltzHomer
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Mar 2019
                  • Send PM

Great work! Love these type of film study videos. Appreciate the time and effort that goes into them. Thanks.

Comment

• TexanBeerlover
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Feb 2021
                    • Send PM

Cowboys preparation better than Chargers
                    Great individual performances by Derwin, Asante, Adderley, Mike Williams, Austin Eckler, Justin Herbert to name a few, not enough to overcome rest of the teams miscues.
                    Right Tackle post Bulaga, is atrocious.

Comment

• AK47
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • May 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by TexanBeerlover View Post
                      Cowboys preparation better than Chargers
                      Great individual performances by Derwin, Asante, Adderley, Mike Williams, Austin Eckler, Justin Herbert to name a few, not enough to overcome rest of the teams miscues.
                      Right Tackle post Bulaga, is atrocious.
                      It seemed the Chargers came out too hyped. First game in huge stadium against America's team.

Keenan...sorry dude but you needed a chill pill. Taunt at imaginary people not real players and oh don't slip in the end zone!
                      K9...........watch your step and don't hurt your knee. chill pill for you.
                      Slater......focus on your assignments. Don't peak on the other side of line...yes they're sucking but stay focused.
                      Herbert....take your chill pill (placebo pill) and just sling the ball tight and away from defenders.
                      Norton.....No. chill. pill. for. you!! RedBull energy drink for you.
                      Refs........Let the players play. Horse Chill pill for you guys.

Comment

• equivocation
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Apr 2021
                        • Send PM

Actually Norton was using a very aggressive jump set. He chilled in the second half and it worked better. Dallas had it scouted well but the adjustment should have been quicker.

Comment

Working...
                        X