OT/On Topic injury's

Go Rivers!
  • Steve
    Administrator
    • Jun 2013
    • South Carolina
    • Meteorologist
    • Send PM

I do remember last year, TT and MM mentioned that they were starting a program in OTA's to try and minimize the number of injuries. Something about building the weight/nutirtional/stretching program around it. By the looks of things, they might need to go back to the drawing board.

Comment

• bonehead
      Undrafted
      • Jul 2013
      • TBD
      • Retired
      • Send PM

It seems like both the Giants and Chargers are trying to cut down on injuries but it's not working....a lot of it must be luck...Denver goes from 25th to 1st in one year....

but then again..look at the bottom seven teams....consistent injury numbers over the two years
      Forget it Donny you're out of your element

Shut the fuck up Donny

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
        No Sir, I Dont Like It
        • Jun 2013
        • Section 457
        • Migrant Film Worker
        • Send PM

The GPS things the players are wearing is interesting. I wonder what other info the team(s) are gathering from those doohickeys?
        Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
        sigpic

Comment

• TTK
          EX-Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • America's Finest City
          • Send PM

Surely our rank will go up without a certain running back on the team anymore.

Comment

• Boltjolt
            Dont let the PBs fool ya
            • Jun 2013
            • Henderson, NV
            • Send PM

Originally posted by TTK View Post
            Surely our rank will go up without a certain running back on the team anymore.
            Yes but we still have Ingram(been just as bad as Mathews if not worse) and Floyd who is bound to have injuries next season since he had his first 16 game season. And hopefully the musical possition at OC should be better. It certainly cant get worse than last season.

Comment

• richpjr
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Nashville
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
              Yes but we still have Ingram(been just as bad as Mathews if not worse) and Floyd who is bound to have injuries next season since he had his first 16 game season. And hopefully the musical possition at OC should be better. It certainly cant get worse than last season.
              Did Ingram have an injury history in college like Mathews did? I guess we'll see if it is bad luck or an injury history.

We are bound to catch a break one of these seasons on the injury front.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                Dont let the PBs fool ya
                • Jun 2013
                • Henderson, NV
                • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
                Did Ingram have an injury history in college like Mathews did? I guess we'll see if it is bad luck or an injury history.

I don't know but he has in the NFL. Hopefully we are #1 on that list next year and win a SB.

Comment

• Lightningwill_420

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

Melvin Ingram, from what I've seen on the Internet, did not have injury problems in college.

Comment

• KNSD
                    Registered Charger Hater
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Guess what happens when you draft "high ceiling" guys who are available because of their injury history? You end up 31st on this list.

See: Jason Verrett. Ryan Matthews.
                    Prediction:
                    Correct: Chargers CI fails miserably.
                    Fail: Team stays in San Diego until their lease runs out in 2020. (without getting new deal done by then) .
                    Sig Bet WIN: The Chargers will file for relocation on January 15.

Comment

• Lightningwill_420

Originally posted by KNSD View Post
                      Guess what happens when you draft "high ceiling" guys who are available because of their injury history? You end up 31st on this list.
                      Yes, that's what I was complaining about before this year's draft. The guys we drafted this year aren't entering training camp with injury issues. Our top free agent signing isn't a guy with a lot of injury issues in his pro career. Seems like a 180 from last year's philosophy.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                        Dont let the PBs fool ya
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Henderson, NV
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by KNSD View Post

See: Jason Verrett. Ryan Matthews.
                        Not always true. After looking Ingram didn't have injuries in college and has missed more games than Mathews in their first three seasons. You just don't know.

Comment

Working...
                        X