• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • WindsorUK
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jul 2013
    • Windsor, U.K.
    • Send PM

Was I the only one yelling at my TV screen when Gilman picked off Mahomes?
    I find it amazing that so many guys come into the league and forget the rules are different from college.
    He could have easily gotten up and run for at least 10 yards( even if he'd just played it safe and ran towards the sideline).
    Every yard counts at that time of the game. I'm sure some of the guys in the DB room will let him know about it.

Comment

• AK47
      Registered Charger Fan
      • May 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

Please keep posting some of the better comments.
      "The sad reality is the Chargers have themselves a damn good QB. Apparently on the same level as Mahomes."
      "Probably better. He's definitely taller. Mahomes day is done. Herbert is a young Brady."
      "This team is Mahomes, Kelce and Hill and a bunch of JAGs."

Comment

• Cdn Bolt
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jan 2019
        • Ontario , Canada
        • Send PM

That was a great game. Our run D is alarming though. Hopefully getting Justin Jones back fixes that but they gave up 6.2 ypr today. Even the announcers were mentioning we are 30th in the league for run D in the coverage.

Comment

• Formula 21
          The Future is Now
          • Jun 2013
          • Republic of San Diego
          • Send PM

Originally posted by cmplxgal View Post
          He’s such an inspiration.
          Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
          The Wasted Decade is done.
          Build Back Better.

Comment

• RTPbolt
            Charger Fan till the end
            • Jun 2013
            • North Carolina
            • Send PM

Would you rather control KCs passing game or run game? You better bet taking away the passing was job #1. I dont care if they ran for 300 on us…you minimize 3 of their best players out of the game and you give yourself a real chance.

Comment

• HollywoodHerbie Hairbear
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jul 2021
              • Send PM

Comment

• Heatmiser
                BetterToday ThanYesterday
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by WindsorUK View Post
                I find it amazing that so many guys come into the league and forget the rules are different from college.
                He could have easily gotten up and run for at least 10 yards( even if he'd just played it safe and ran towards the sideline).
                Every yard counts at that time of the game. I'm sure some of the guys in the DB room will let him know about it.
                Ahem…..do you remember a certain game against the Patriots? Also down near the goal line, Samuel could have got up and tried to run but layed down. I wonder if they are coached to not try to be a hero in critical places?

TG
                Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• Cdn Bolt
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Ontario , Canada
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by RTPbolt View Post
                  Would you rather control KCs passing game or run game? You better bet taking away the passing was job #1. I dont care if they ran for 300 on us…you minimize 3 of their best players out of the game and you give yourself a real chance.
                  It shouldn't be an either or situation. 6.2 ypr is unacceptable by any standard- you usually lose games giving up more than 4.5 ypr. .Good we won today but you can't count on getting 4 turnovers every game either.

Missing JJ hurt but our DL depth is awful. Happy for the win but there is a concern there

Comment

• Formula 21
                    The Future is Now
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Republic of San Diego
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by WindsorUK View Post
                    Disagree. protect the ball and let the professional ball handlers have it. IMO.
                    Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                    The Wasted Decade is done.
                    Build Back Better.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Dec 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post

He’s such an inspiration.
                      last week - he went for two down 14-9; maybe Lynn or McCoy go for two - my guess, they just kick the XP
                      no way does any coach in the last 25 years go for it on their own 34 yard line down only three

this week - I know it was 4th and 4 from the 28 so a 45 yard field goal - but he went for it

he went for it on the 4th and 9 even when you could be giving Mahomes the ball at the 36

after the DPI - Lynn for sure would have played for the FG

on the first and goal after the MW play, it was supposed to be a run but HErbert and MWill checked to the fade

The guy coaches to win. Like he says, not participate but compete

2-1 after three games. Big time AFCWest win - huge game

Cowboys game in teh rearview mirror. Moving on!

(Broncos are 3-0)

Comment

• Charge!
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Aug 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Cdn Bolt View Post

It shouldn't be an either or situation. 6.2 ypr is unacceptable by any standard- you usually lose games giving up more than 4.5 ypr. .They could have beaten us and good we won today but you can't count on getting 4 turnovers every game either.

Missing JJ hurt but our DL depth is awful. Happy for the win but there is a concern there
                        exactly!.....

The next few teams we play are primarily power running teams..... who are licking their chops knowing they can easily run on our derense.....

Comment

• Topcat
                          AKA "Pollcat"
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post

Disagree. protect the ball and let the professional ball handlers have it. IMO.
                          U do have a point there...how many times have we seen a pick, then the DB gets stripped and we lose the rock...

Comment

Working...
                          X