• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • UglyTruth
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Oct 2018
    • Send PM

Originally posted by DragonIce View Post

If you don't like the heat of accountability for words you put out there...a sports forum isn't your place.
    First of all it wasn’t even my posts that he quoted.

Secondly sure he can question the posts made during the game…but do it during the same game.

Don’t hide and then come hours later after the fact to play the drums. That’s a bitch move regardless of whether it’s a sports forum, political forum or whatever it may be.

That’s why many sports forums usually lock game threads after the game is over and then start a new “Post game thread” for discussion after the game is over.
    Tom Telesco’s Results in 9 years as Chargers GM:

- 69-74 record
    - 0 division titles in 9 yrs as GM
    - Worst record among all active GMs with same tenure
    - 6th worst winning percentage among all active GMs overall
    - 2 playoff wins despite elite QB all 9 yrs
    - Team still has the same weaknesses (Oline and run defense) that it had when hired as GM in 2013
    - Consistently puts together horrible depth, expects starters to never miss games

Comment

• DragonIce
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Mar 2021
      • Arizona
      • Send PM

Originally posted by UglyTruth View Post

First of all it wasn’t even my posts that he quoted.

Secondly sure he can question the posts made during the game…but do it during the same game.

Don’t hide and then come hours later after the fact to play the drums. That’s a bitch move regardless of whether it’s a sports forum, political forum or whatever it may be.

That’s why many sports forums usually lock game threads after the game is over and then start a new “Post game thread” for discussion after the game is over.
      There isn't a 5 hour expiration date on dumb posts.

You post it, you own it. If you feel bad about what you said apologize. If you made a mistake, clean it up. This really isn't difficult. You are the one with the bitch moves here, trying to runaway from what you posted.

Comment

• UglyTruth
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Oct 2018
        • Send PM

Originally posted by DragonIce View Post

There isn't a 5 hour expiration date on dumb posts.

You post it, you own it. If you feel bad about what you said apologize. If you made a mistake, clean it up. This really isn't difficult.
        There’s nothing to feel bad about. Are you new to watching sports? Everyone knows that emotions run high during games and immediately after. Not to mention if a poster says “wow Tillery is getting destroyed” that means perhaps Tillery got wrecked in the 4 plays prior. However maybe he makes good plays at the end so now someone like you or the other poster can come and say “What were you saying???” even though those posts may have made sense when it was made. Using Tillery as just a random player name example btw he played solid (for once) for most of the game.

You can check the Chiefs forum around the time of the loss to see live evidence of posting with emotions. There was everything from trading Patrick Mahomes to whether or not their GM drafts plays with retardation on purpose after the loss. You think their fans actually believe any of that? No.

It’s true in every sport not just football. If you’re on social media like Twitter or IG then you see it the immediate hot shot reactions there as well.

Again quoting posts made during the game several hours after is a bitch move. It’s simple as that.
        Tom Telesco’s Results in 9 years as Chargers GM:

- 69-74 record
        - 0 division titles in 9 yrs as GM
        - Worst record among all active GMs with same tenure
        - 6th worst winning percentage among all active GMs overall
        - 2 playoff wins despite elite QB all 9 yrs
        - Team still has the same weaknesses (Oline and run defense) that it had when hired as GM in 2013
        - Consistently puts together horrible depth, expects starters to never miss games

Comment

• equivocation
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Apr 2021
          • Send PM

"People aren't responsible as long as they're really emotional" seems an odd response to "try to control your emotional outbursts."

We all can do better. I'm trying to consider what I say before I hit post, same as before sending an email. Calling to fire the entire coaching staff or xxxx or yyyy after EVERY negative play less than 3 games in is really unpleasant to be around. There's other ways to express disappointment or frustration.

"They're worse!" is also non-responsive. I don't think I need to explain why.

Comment

• WindsorUK
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jul 2013
            • Windsor, U.K.
            • Send PM

Originally posted by equivocation View Post
            "People aren't responsible as long as they're really emotional" seems an odd response to "try to control your emotional outbursts."

We all can do better. I'm trying to consider what I say before I hit post, same as before sending an email. Calling to fire the entire coaching staff or xxxx or yyyy after EVERY negative play less than 3 games in is really unpleasant to be around. There's other ways to express disappointment or frustration.

"They're worse!" is also non-responsive. I don't think I need to explain why.
            Spot on about reading things before hitting send.
            Also just as important, reading an entire post, and understanding it's context, before replying.
            Lot of things said facetiously taken seriously get snarky responses. With a lot of new posters, ever more so important.

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
              Beef Before Gazelles
              • May 2021
              • Send PM

The Chargers are starting to get some real productivity out of Nasir Adderley-- who was a late 2nd round draft pick-- in his third season.

Asante Samuel, Jr. was drafted in the same part of the draft THIS year, and is already an effing starter with two INTs in his first three games.

I'm not bringing this up as a knock on Adderley, whom I like. It's much more a testament to ridiculously well Samuel has played so early on. When you can get THAT kind of production instantly from a late 2nd round pick, you're doing something right.

Comment

• Bolt-O
                Administrator
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

"Staff" doesn't actively moderate GDTs, unless if a personal insult is involved, or the flow of thread is hijacked. Its not good form to quote outside of game time too.

Comment

• foreigner
                  Tom Telesco is gone
                  • Sep 2013
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Ghost of Quacksaw View Post
                  The Chargers are starting to get some real productivity out of Nasir Adderley-- who was a late 2nd round draft pick-- in his third season.

Asante Samuel, Jr. was drafted in the same part of the draft THIS year, and is already an effing starter with two INTs in his first three games.

I'm not bringing this up as a knock on Adderley, whom I like. It's much more a testament to ridiculously well Samuel has played so early on. When you can get THAT kind of production instantly from a late 2nd round pick, you're doing something right.
                  Its in the genes... and I'm very happy for Adderley as well.

Comment

• CivilBolt
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Nov 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Ghost of Quacksaw View Post

Imagine if Adderley was not bothered by his broken finger, this D could have got more INT this year.

Comment

• CivilBolt
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Nov 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Leslie Grossman View Post

Couldn't agree more about RT in the first. Draft the best kicker coming out on 5th round if there is one good enough.
                      Imagine the options on offense with a RT who can hold up without needing help.
                      Chiefs had maybe the best RT in Schwartz and Ravens had maybe the 2nd best pair of tackles before trading Brown to the Chiefs.
                      In terms of kicker, Justin Tucker was UDFA. There were several good kicker that were good in college but didn’t work out in the NFL. My point is I don’t think you have to spend a fifth round pick to find a good one.

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
                        Beef Before Gazelles
                        • May 2021
                        • Send PM

BTW... that INT by Asante Samuel, Jr. yesterday, where he laid out to snag the tipped pass at the Chargers' 5 yard line?

IMO, that's the most impressive Bolt INT since Antonio Cromartie's leaping, one-handed, backward leaning interception of a Peyton Manning pass somewhere around 2009.

(1) Asante Samuel DIVING Interception off Mahomes - YouTube

Comment

• Velo
                          Ride!
                          • Aug 2019
                          • Everywhere
                          • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                          • Send PM

Aint no way...the Chargers are going into Kansas City and beat the Chiefs...

Comment

Working...
                          X