Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lightningwill_420

Originally posted by Foxbatkllr View Post
    Why do you keep going to 85lbs of muscle??? Did you not see the math I did. Science. He wasn't 300 lbs and ripped. He was fat and had zero definition. Now he's lean. It was mostly fat and water weight he lost/gained.
    Okay.

Comment

• Foxbatkllr
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Sep 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Engine Engine Number 420 View Post
      Okay.
      Also, if you're taking anecdotal evidence, I gained 10lbs of pure muscle in about 6 months at 165lbs. I didn't eat anywhere near the amount of calories I could have and I worked out about 4 times a week. There was also a time where (when I was overweight and not working out) I dropped from 213lbs to 165lbs in 6 months.

Comment

• Lightningwill_420

Originally posted by Foxbatkllr View Post
        Also, if you're taking anecdotal evidence, I gained 10lbs of pure muscle in about 6 months at 165lbs. I didn't eat anywhere near the amount of calories I could have and I worked out about 4 times a week. There was also a time where (when I was overweight and not working out) I dropped from 213lbs to 165lbs in 6 months.
        Okay. I think I'm wrong this time, or maybe I'm reading this wrong too.

Hardwick was a good center. Although, the one year he missed from his prime, we went 13-4. Stupid Jets.
        Last edited by Guest; 06-03-2015, 10:04 AM.

Comment

• Foxbatkllr
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Sep 2013
          • Send PM

Okay. I think I'm wrong this time, or maybe I'm reading this wrong too.

Hardwick was a good center. Although, the one year he missed from his prime, we went 13-4. Stupid Jets.
          I think you're just misunderstanding the weight gain/weight loss.

Here's a 300lb bodybuilder (around same height as Hardwick) that's mostly muscle and most definitely on steroids/hgh/insulin:

Here's Nick Hardwick at 300lbs

33 records for Nick Hardwick. Find Nick Hardwick's phone number, address, and email on Spokeo, the leading online directory for contact information.

Comment

• Lightningwill_420

Yea, I think everybody is clear that I think a lot of NFLers use performance-enhancing drugs. You all can go on believing whatever you want. I'm bouncing from this argument before somebody starts showing me pictures of muscles growing out of Lou Ferigno's eyeballs.

Comment

• homeless simpson
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Yea, I think everybody is clear that I think a lot of NFLers use performance-enhancing drugs. You all can go on believing whatever you want. I'm bouncing from this argument before somebody starts showing me pictures of muscles growing out of Lou Ferigno's eyeballs.
              also, only a very small percentage of players, just the bad ones, partake in recreational greeneries. the nfl is 95% straight edge.

Comment

• Panamamike
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by homeless simpson View Post
                also, only a very small percentage of players, just the bad ones, partake in recreational greeneries. the nfl is 95% straight edge.
                jajajajajaj.....you really believe that? As far as recreational green goes, many players and former execs estimate it to be at least 50% partake regularly. It is far and away more than 5%.

A link to one of many articles in the subject....

Last edited by Panamamike; 06-04-2015, 02:49 AM.

Comment

• Steve
                  Administrator
                  • Jun 2013
                  • South Carolina
                  • Meteorologist
                  • Send PM

Centers are usually smaller guys. That is why teams prefer to play them there, because you can put them between bigger guys and hide their lack of size.

But guys like Macek, and going back to the beginnings of football have been around 250-260 ish, but they got bigger because they started to lift. It really hasn't been that long since guys started to lift. Prior to the 1980's, guys who lifted a lot were fairly rare. Pittsburgh Steelers got a lot of recognition because they were really the first team to start lifting as an organization.

I just go look at the combine lifting results, and 80% of the linemen should be embarrassed about how little they lift. If all those 300+ pound OL are lifting and using PED, then they are getting robbed, because too many of them are only doing 12-15 reps of 225, and that is just a joke for a guy that big. And yet, not that many get into the deep 20's and 30+ for reps. I was doing more than that as a 185 lb div III pole vaulter. If they aren't working hard enough to lift, and are that big, why is it hard to believe that they aren't taking PED?

Comment

• MakoShark
                    Disgruntled
                    • Jun 2013
                    • North Alabama
                    • Send PM

Sign in to your Spotrac Premium account to gain access to complete info, unique tools, and more!

Here's a list of fines and suspensions handed out in 2014. I count 5, that's right, 5 players busted for PED's. There were way more busted for recreational drugs than PED's. Around 2000 players were on NFL rosters at some point during the 2014 season and only 5 were busted for PED's. That's not even 1%. If PED's were so widely used in the league I believe there would be far more players caught. The numbers just don't support the theory of wide spread PED use. Steve's numbers also go against that theory. I just don't buy it.

There are legal ways to bulk up. For a guy, whose a millionaire, doesn't work a 9 to 5 and makes a living with his body he can easily find the resources and time to bulk up naturally.
                    sigpic

Comment

• MakoShark
                      Disgruntled
                      • Jun 2013
                      • North Alabama
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Panamamike View Post
                      jajajajajaj.....you really believe that? As far as recreational green goes, many players and former execs estimate it to be at least 50% partake regularly. It is far and away more than 5%.

A link to one of many articles in the subject....

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...-use/14054361/
                      I don't think homeless simpson is as far from the truth as you think. The article you posted even states "There are no hard numbers on how many NFL players are using marijuana, but anecdotal evidence, including the arrest or league discipline of no fewer than a dozen players for pot over the past 18 months, suggests use is becoming more common." The link I posted says that 34 players were busted for substance abuse (they don't specify which substance). Assuming there were a lot of players that didn't get caught, its still a small portion of the NFL player population. If you tripled that number that just reaches homeless simpson's assertion of 5%.
                      sigpic

Comment

• floydefisher
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jul 2013
                        • siberiacuse, ny
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by 6025 View Post
                        I remember a story in SI on Tony Mandarich when he was coming out of college. He said the same thing, he consumed a lot of calories.
                        Except it was found out later to be bogus, and he was roided up.

Not doubting Hardwick one bit, but I couldn't let the Mandarich lie go unchallenged.
                        sigpic

Comment

• floydefisher
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jul 2013
                          • siberiacuse, ny
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by MakoShark View Post
                          http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/fines-suspensions/2014/

Here's a list of fines and suspensions handed out in 2014. I count 5, that's right, 5 players busted for PED's. There were way more busted for recreational drugs than PED's. Around 2000 players were on NFL rosters at some point during the 2014 season and only 5 were busted for PED's. That's not even 1%. If PED's were so widely used in the league I believe there would be far more players caught. The numbers just don't support the theory of wide spread PED use. Steve's numbers also go against that theory. I just don't buy it.

There are legal ways to bulk up. For a guy, whose a millionaire, doesn't work a 9 to 5 and makes a living with his body he can easily find the resources and time to bulk up naturally.

From personal experience (20 year military vet), I have found the whiz quiz method used by the NFL to be a complete joke.

It may not be as widespread as claimed, but I'm pretty damned sure more than 5 people are using.
                          sigpic

Comment

Working...
                          X