Are we that dysfunctional? Have we always been?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MakoShark
    Disgruntled
    • Jun 2013
    • North Alabama
    • Send PM

Are we that dysfunctional? Have we always been?

sigpic
  • richpjr
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Nashville
    • Send PM

The only thing the Chargers have done "wrong" IMO was McCoy's comments. The media manufactured the Rivers story. Most of what we are hearing from the Weddle story is comments from him and his agent that come across very whiny to me. Much ado about nothing.

Comment

• QSmokey
      Guardedly Optimistic
      • Jun 2013
      • Kuna, Idaho
      • Retired
      • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
      The only thing the Chargers have done "wrong" IMO was McCoy's comments. The media manufactured the Rivers story. Most of what we are hearing from the Weddle story is comments from him and his agent that come across very whiny to me. Much ado about nothing.
      Yup.

The stadium thing/Chargers moving to LA notion is about, oh, 20 years old. The Rivers-is-going-to-be-traded stuff was just a bunch of draftniks with nothing better to do than manufacture a story during the ultra-long wait for the Draft. Weddle is probably the 255th player - this decade - who has used the word "disrespected" when he didn't get the contract he wanted WHEN he wanted it.

Somebody wake me up when something REALLY bad/dysfunctional happens. Like one of the players tortures and kills his fighting dogs; or someone murders someone; or somebody KOs his wife; or a guy decides to beat his child with a stick; or gets suspended for a year because of multiple banned substance violations.

Until then, move along. Nothing to see here.

Comment

• blueman
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Alright, who let oip near the typewriter?

Comment

• Lightningwill_420

Originally posted by QSmokey View Post
          Yup.

The stadium thing/Chargers moving to LA notion is about, oh, 20 years old. The Rivers-is-going-to-be-traded stuff was just a bunch of draftniks with nothing better to do than manufacture a story during the ultra-long wait for the Draft. Weddle is probably the 255th player - this decade - who has used the word "disrespected" when he didn't get the contract he wanted WHEN he wanted it.

Somebody wake me up when something REALLY bad/dysfunctional happens. Like one of the players tortures and kills his fighting dogs; or someone murders someone; or somebody KOs his wife; or a guy decides to beat his child with a stick; or gets suspended for a year because of multiple banned substance violations.

Until then, move along. Nothing to see here.
          I'm glad we won't be signing the guy who beats a little kid's balls with a weapon he carves from a tree branch and then shows only remorse that the kid doesn't cry enough.

But losing Weddle would suck.

Comment

• floydefisher
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jul 2013
            • siberiacuse, ny
            • Send PM

Dysfunctional?

Most of this crap is rumors.....how is that dysfunctional?
            sigpic

Comment

• homeless simpson
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by MakoShark View Post
              but then to have to the head coach throw him under the bus, telling the players that Weddle has bailed on his team for not attending voluntary workouts?
              It's pretty clear Weddle is not a team player because he's not at voluntary OTA's. unless of course your last name is Gates who doesn't usually attend voluntary OTAs either. Also players should not be worrying about contract negotiations if they are still under contract, not even if other players on the team who are also still under contract are actively getting contracts negotiated/renegotiated.

i dont see any double standard here. no not at all.

Comment

• Sec-E4
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Sep 2014
                • Arizona
                • Send PM

Originally posted by homeless simpson View Post
                It's pretty clear Weddle is not a team player because he's not at voluntary OTA's. unless of course your last name is Gates who doesn't usually attend voluntary OTAs either. Also players should not be worrying about contract negotiations if they are still under contract, not even if other players on the team who are also still under contract are actively getting contracts negotiated/renegotiated.

i dont see any double standard here. no not at all.
                Gates has had a history of taking time off to heal from his past injuries, Plus he's not making a splash talking to the media about demanding a contract and being disrespected. There's noway you can compare what Weddle is doing to what Gates has done. Also Gates and the Coaching staff were on the same page about him taking that time off.

There's a right way and there's a wrong way..Weddle is going about it the worst possible way

Comment

• Faded blues
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Aug 2013
                  • Send PM

I love weddle.

I wish he had gone about this another way.

Comment

• RobH
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Tokyo, Japan
                    • University English Lecturer
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Sec-E4 View Post
                    Gates has had a history of taking time off to heal from his past injuries, Plus he's not making a splash talking to the media about demanding a contract and being disrespected. There's noway you can compare what Weddle is doing to what Gates has done. Also Gates and the Coaching staff were on the same page about him taking that time off.

There's a right way and there's a wrong way..Weddle is going about it the worst possible way
                    Well, there was that one time that Gates held out of TC to get a better contract, and AJ ended up making him miss a game. As I remember, Gates wasn't shy about telling his side of the story then. But then again, my memory is not perfect.

Comment

• homeless simpson
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by RobH View Post
                      Well, there was that one time that Gates held out of TC to get a better contract, and AJ ended up making him miss a game. As I remember, Gates wasn't shy about telling his side of the story then. But then again, my memory is not perfect.
                      weddle is doing it the wrong way by holding out in OTA's...he should do it the right way and hold out in training camp.

Comment

• MakoShark
                        Disgruntled
                        • Jun 2013
                        • North Alabama
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by RobH View Post
                        Gates missed that game due to NFL rules. It wasn't AJ's doing. Gates missed a deadline to sign his contract, so he had to sit out the first game. It was all on him.
                        sigpic

Comment

Working...
                        X