• Send PM

Malcolm Floyd victory lap thread.

Go Rivers!
  • richpjr
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Nashville
    • Send PM

Great guy. Hope he goes out with a bang this year.

Comment

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
      Great guy. Hope he goes out with a bang this year.
      Hopefully not like Darryl Stingley though.

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
        Grammar Police
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

We should make this a honor Floyd thread with some of his finer moments as a bolt.

Go Rivers!

Comment

• TTK
          EX-Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • America's Finest City
          • Send PM

He didn't put up the gaudiest stats but how can you not love this guy! One of my favorite Charger players ever.

At least he won't have to move to LA. :bf:

Comment

• QSmokey
            Guardedly Optimistic
            • Jun 2013
            • Kuna, Idaho
            • Retired
            • Send PM

Total class. Wish him all the best. This year....and in his 'next life'.

Comment

• Lightningwill_420

Outside of John Jefferson and that dude on the Giants right now, I haven't seen anybody make better catches than Malcom Floyd. It's too bad he couldn't stay healthy in his prime.

Comment

• bonehead
                Undrafted
                • Jul 2013
                • TBD
                • Retired
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Stinky Wizzleteats+ View Post
                Malcom Floyd thinks 2015 could be his final NFL season

Posted by Josh Alper on June 3, 2015, 1:59 PM EDT

AP
                It was right about this time last year that Chargers wide receiver Malcom Floyd received full clearance to resume his NFL career after a severe neck injury ended his 2013 season in Week Two and called his ability to return to the field into question.

Floyd showed few ill effects from the injury once the season got underway as he started all 16 games and caught 52 passes for 856 yards and six touchdowns. The yardage and touchdowns tied his career highs and Floyd should play a prominent role in San Diego’s offense again in 2015, but that may be the end of the line.

Floyd, who turns 34 in September, is entering the final year of his contract and said that missing time with his four kids has him “thinking about shutting it down at the end of this season.”

“It’s a demanding sport,” Floyd said, via ESPN.com. “I dodged a bullet like two years ago. The injuries and what you go through off the field, as soon as I get home I can’t really do anything with my kids. But I don’t like to get too personal with that. I’m just happy and it’s a privilege to be out here. I’ve played 12 years and I’m happy with where I’m out now.”

With quarterback Philip Rivers and tight end Antonio Gates also in the final year of their deals, there’s a chance that the Chargers Offense could look very different come 2016. If this is the last hurrah, Floyd says it’s “important” to go out at a high level and added that he thinks the Chargers “have all the pieces to win a championship” this year.
                OMG!!!!! The worst offseason in Charger history continues whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.......whaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa......kill me now!!
                Forget it Donny you're out of your element

Shut the fuck up Donny

Comment

• Ebenezer
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • May 2015
                  • Send PM

Really hoping he can stay healthy for this final season. Obviously it makes us better, but really I'd just like it for him.

Comment

Originally posted by Ebenezer View Post
                    Really hoping he can stay healthy for this final season. Obviously it makes us better, but really I'd just like it for him.
                    Well said. I agree completely.

Comment

• floydefisher
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jul 2013
                      • siberiacuse, ny
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Stinky Wizzleteats+ View Post
                      Malcom Floyd thinks 2015 could be his final NFL season

Posted by Josh Alper on June 3, 2015, 1:59 PM EDT

AP
                      It was right about this time last year that Chargers wide receiver Malcom Floyd received full clearance to resume his NFL career after a severe neck injury ended his 2013 season in Week Two and called his ability to return to the field into question.

Floyd showed few ill effects from the injury once the season got underway as he started all 16 games and caught 52 passes for 856 yards and six touchdowns. The yardage and touchdowns tied his career highs and Floyd should play a prominent role in San Diego’s offense again in 2015, but that may be the end of the line.

Floyd, who turns 34 in September, is entering the final year of his contract and said that missing time with his four kids has him “thinking about shutting it down at the end of this season.”

“It’s a demanding sport,” Floyd said, via ESPN.com. “I dodged a bullet like two years ago. The injuries and what you go through off the field, as soon as I get home I can’t really do anything with my kids. But I don’t like to get too personal with that. I’m just happy and it’s a privilege to be out here. I’ve played 12 years and I’m happy with where I’m out now.”

With quarterback Philip Rivers and tight end Antonio Gates also in the final year of their deals, there’s a chance that the Chargers Offense could look very different come 2016. If this is the last hurrah, Floyd says it’s “important” to go out at a high level and added that he thinks the Chargers “have all the pieces to win a championship” this year.

I hope he's right.....and if he does retire I wish him well.
                      sigpic

Comment

• floydefisher
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jul 2013
                        • siberiacuse, ny
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by bonehead View Post
                        OMG!!!!! The worst offseason in Charger history continues whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.......whaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa......kill me now!!
                        I was a little disappointed at points, but the worst offseason? I'd have to go back to the mid 1990's to find that one.
                        sigpic

Comment

Working...
                        X