• Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Dynamic goudging.

Go Rivers!
  • KNSD
    Registered Charger Hater
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

My guess is that prices dynamically drop by quite a bit this year.
    Prediction:
    Correct: Chargers CI fails miserably.
    Fail: Team stays in San Diego until their lease runs out in 2020. (without getting new deal done by then) .
    Sig Bet WIN: The Chargers will file for relocation on January 15.

Comment

fender57
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by KNSD View Post
      My guess is that prices dynamically drop by quite a bit this year.
      Hopefully attendance too.

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
        Grammar Police
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Way to stick it to your season ticket holdes.
        Go Rivers!

Comment

• UtahBolt
          Did we win?
          • Jun 2013
          • I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Stinky Wizzleteats+ View Post
          Price goudging is raising the price of an item when its wanted most needed and in short supply. Hmmm.

Chargers jolt single game ticket prices
          By Jonathan Horn 02:51p.m. Jun 16, 2015

Whether it was in newspaper classifieds, or more recently on Stubhub or Craigslist, brokers and fans for years have nabbed extra cash by selling concert and sports tickets for above face value on the secondary market.

Now, the San Diego Chargers want a piece of the action.

The Chargers explained a new individual game ticket pricing policy in an email sent Monday to season ticket holders announcing a presale.

Starting this season, ticket prices for individual games will fluctuate in real time, depending on perceived supply and demand on sites where fans and brokers sell unwanted tickets like StubHub and NFL Ticket Exchange. In going to this policy, the Chargers are employing a strategy used not only by sports teams and concert venues, but also hotels, airlines and other services that base prices on economic factors.

“Dynamic pricing allows ticket prices that better reflect actual market value,” the team said in its message to season ticket holders. “Utilizing advanced pricing software, single-game ticket prices will be adjusted in real-time based on ticket availability and changing factors such as league standings, opposing team, rivalries, star players, day of the week, supply and demand.”

Individual Chargers tickets to all 10 home games go on sale to the general public Friday at Qualcomm Stadium. On Monday, they will be available on Ticketmaster outlets and online. This year, the team boasts a home schedule featuring opponents known to bring a large contingent of outside fans, including the Pittsburgh Steelers and Chicago Bears, and those games are the most expensive. (For the full list, go to this page and scroll down)

In fact, the Oct. 12 home game on “Monday Night Football” against the Steelers is the fifth best selling ticket on StubHub, with an average price of $253. The Chargers are pricing that game as most expensive, with sideline tickets in the plaza, press, and field levels going for $240 each. That’s double the price that season ticket holders pay for that same seat, with the 10-game packages going for $1,200 each. In all, buying every Charger game individually is 26 percent higher than season ticket prices.
          “Clearly, the Chargers knew this would be one of their more popular games,” said Cameron Papp, a spokesman for StubHub. “As teams get smarter about pricing their tickets, you will start to see similarities to our prices as the secondary market is a pretty accurate representation of demand and how much a fan is willing to spend for a particular game.”

While the Chargers are new to dynamic pricing, the method is widely used in the travel industry with airline tickets and hotel room nights. Think booking a hotel room midweek versus the time of Comic-Con. Or a plane ticket on a Tuesday morning versus the night before Thanksgiving. The Chargers say various teams across professional and college sports have also been adjusting prices in real time. The Padres instituted dynamic pricing in 2012, but with 81 games a year and multiple games per opponent, the supply outweighs the demand.

“The airlines go on supply and demand too,” said Tom Parsons, CEO of bestfares.com “That’s probably just like any concert you have there in town. When the Rolling Stones had their show, I had some friends get front row seats, and the first thing they did is put them on the Internet for $15,000 each. I don’t know what they ended up getting for them but they did end up getting a whole lot more than they paid.”

Last year, the Chargers set their face values based on opponent, but did not adjust them. For instance, a ticket for last year’s Aug. 28 preseason game against the Arizona Cardinals ranged from $47 to $117. This year’s preseason games against the Dallas Cowboys and Seattle Seahawks range from $47 to $127.

The big difference is that the secondary market was down on the Cardinals preseason game, with tickets going for as little as $6.55 on Stubhub. That’s unlikely to happen with the Chargers own adjustment - the team informed season ticket holders that buying the 10 game package was still the best value, and the NFL’s own secondary market site, NFLticketexchange.com, will not allow prices to go below face value.

The Chargers said in May that season ticket sales for the 2015 schedule were up 4,500 over last year’s pace.

John Nelson, who owns San Diego Premier Tickets, an agency based in Mission Valley, said for the rest of the tickets, the Chargers are very late to the game when it comes to basing prices on supply and demand.

“I’ve been doing that for 30 years,” he said. “They’re only smart to do that because they’re leaving meat on the bone.”

A spokesman for the Chargers was not immediately available to answer questions about the new policy.
          Great, the whole country gets to see the Q overrun by Steeler fans on prime time TV again.
          I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.

Comment

• Savage Lizard
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Big Bear
            • Self-employed property manager.
            • Send PM

Way to stick it to your season ticket holdes.
            Only for single game tickets, my season tickets were regular prices.

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
              Grammar Police
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

If you paid 120 for a seat to the Raiders of Jags game you could be sitting next to a Raider or Jags fan that paid 60 for the seat. More awayfans at bad games when prices are cheep and the best games will already be in demand by away fans at the dynamic price..
              Go Rivers!

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
                No Sir, I Dont Like It
                • Jun 2013
                • Section 457
                • Migrant Film Worker
                • Send PM

If you paid 120 for a seat to the Raiders of Jags game you could be sitting next to a Raider or Jags fan that paid 60 for the seat. More awayfans at bad games when prices are cheep and the best games will already be in demand by away fans at the dynamic price..
                "Look NFL! San Diego wont support our team"!

#perfecttimingforthatagenda
                Last edited by Mister Hoarse; 06-17-2015, 10:35 AM.
                Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
                sigpic

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
                  No Sir, I Dont Like It
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Section 457
                  • Migrant Film Worker
                  • Send PM

This is where I get off the hopeful bus. I have to think they are sabbotaging their own fanbase here, at this point. Why the dynamic pricing now?
                  Season seats are way up.
                  Dean Spanos is a scumbag.
                  Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
                  sigpic

Comment

• Millionaire Wussy
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jul 2013
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by 6025 View Post
                    Hopefully attendance too.

I don't see how attendance is anything but a disaster this year as the Chargers continue to play asshole and the City throwing nothing but Hail Mary's. You can't win anything like that. I see about 20,000 Chargers fans at home games this year. Of course, transplants (away team's fans) were already a large percentage of our attendance. Now it will be ridiculous. I don't know if I can watch any Chargers home games this season. Hell, that no longer will exist...at least the advantage part of it. I thought I could take this...moving away to wherever and still being a fan...but I was wrong. It's finally hitting me.
                    For Stinky-Jon-Wizzleteats....

"Pray for strength and healing oh and money!"

Comment

fender57
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

I'm not gonna cry if the Chargers leave, I'll just stop being a fan of the team and the NFL will be relegated to casual status on my list, much like the NBA. I am a San Diego fan first and foremost.

Dean Spanos is a scumbag, their whole family sucks and have been carpetbaggers from the beginning, ruling upon high in their ivory towers. They can all go fuck themselves.

Comment

• bonehead
                        Undrafted
                        • Jul 2013
                        • TBD
                        • Retired
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by 6025 View Post
                        I'm not gonna cry if the Chargers leave, I'll just stop being a fan of the team and the NFL will be relegated to casual status on my list, much like the NBA. I am a San Diego fan first and foremost.

Dean Spanos is a scumbag, their whole family sucks and have been carpetbaggers from the beginning, ruling upon high in their ivory towers. They can all go fuck themselves.
                        I won't root for the "Chargers" if they aren't here.....I still love NFL Football though so my Sundays will be full.
                        Forget it Donny you're out of your element

Shut the fuck up Donny

Comment

Working...
                        X