• Show
Clear All
  • TTK
    EX-Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • America's Finest City
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Wheels View Post
    I'd caution against jumping to conclusions. There's a difference between juicing up with HGH and having taken say a stimulant like Ephedrine. The former is unadulterated cheating, the latter is more like a mistake.
    This is disappointing news about Gates but I completely agree with this.

Comment

• QSmokey
      Guardedly Optimistic
      • Jun 2013
      • Kuna, Idaho
      • Retired
      • Send PM

Originally posted by bonehead View Post
      You don't know that....it just fits your messed up worldview and so you project that on them....your disappointment is your own.....OWN it.
      Disappointed? Absolutely! Aren't you? Gates was (past tense) one of my favorite players. Not sure this has anything to do with a "messed up world view"; that's a ludicrous statement. It's just another in the growing list of sad examples of how these players - who really don't know just how good they have it - act irresponsibly.

Yet people, like you it would seem, are just as apt to forgive and forget; business as usual. As long as the guy can catch, block, and score touchdowns for my team, all is well. Bullshit.

And it's my "world view" that's supposed to be messed up. Give me a fucking break.
      Last edited by QSmokey; 07-02-2015, 07:54 PM.

Comment

• QSmokey
        Guardedly Optimistic
        • Jun 2013
        • Kuna, Idaho
        • Retired
        • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
        Forever unclean...
        Forever unfunny.

Comment

• QSmokey
          Guardedly Optimistic
          • Jun 2013
          • Kuna, Idaho
          • Retired
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
          Gates? Wow.
          My sentiments - in my "messed up world view" - exactly.

Comment

• captaind
            Cook This Pork Chops
            • Jun 2013
            • Mars
            • Ball Holder
            • Send PM

Originally posted by QSmokey View Post
            It's just another in the growing list of sad examples of how these players - who really don't know just how good they have it - act irresponsibly.
            I don't think you can compare a Merriman to a Gates. I think the latter is reluctant to accept that Father Time doesn't discriminate.

Speculation on my part, of course. And I'm disappointed. He might can save face a little bit if he just announced his retirement.

Comment

• QSmokey
              Guardedly Optimistic
              • Jun 2013
              • Kuna, Idaho
              • Retired
              • Send PM

Originally posted by captaind View Post
              I don't think you can compare a Merriman to a Gates. I think the latter is reluctant to accept that Father Time doesn't discriminate.

Speculation on my part, of course. And I'm disappointed. He might can save face a little bit if he just announced his retirement.
              For me, this was the worst news this off-season. Just really disappointed. Honestly thought that Gates was above it all. I would rather see the Chargers move to Timbuktu - and Gates had retired 'clean' - than for this to happen.

Now agree with all who have called this the Worst Off-Season Ever.
              Last edited by QSmokey; 07-03-2015, 08:30 AM.

Comment

• Viejo Bolt
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

I'm still waiting for the first athlete who gets caught to say something like this: "You know what, I needed to recover from injury or get the jump on someone I was competing with, and I took this banned substance to do just that. I thought I could beat the tests and get away with it, but alas that was not to be. I'm a cheater, I got caught, and I beg your forgiveness."

Instead we get...."I should have known what I put in my body; I take full responsibility for not doing that" (In other words declaring himself an absolute dumbshit).

I mean come on, am I supposed to believe that anybody who gets caught was just stupidly making a mistake of not checking with the NFL first? Come on, they are cheating and getting caught. For crissakes, just come clean! The truth will set you free. And I don't care if it's speed or roids, if it's on the banned list, it's on the BANNED list!

Comment

• Boltjolt
                  Dont let the PBs fool ya
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Henderson, NV
                  • Send PM

This isn't the worst off season. Nobody is out for the year already. Just a four game suspension. No that's not good but he will be back and we get to get a good look at Green.
                  I for one don't think every suspension means they roided themselves out as everyone thinks.

Comment

• RobH
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Tokyo, Japan
                    • University English Lecturer
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
                    This isn't the worst off season. Nobody is out for the year already. Just a four game suspension. No that's not good but he will be back and we get to get a good look at Green.
                    I for one don't think every suspension means they roided themselves out as everyone thinks.
                    I hear that the list of banned substances is pretty extensive. Does anyone have any idea of how long that list actually is?

Comment

• captaind
                      Cook This Pork Chops
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Mars
                      • Ball Holder
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by RobH View Post
                      I hear that the list of banned substances is pretty extensive. Does anyone have any idea of how long that list actually is?
                      The phone number must be unlisted.

Comment

• Formula 21
                        The Future is Now
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Republic of San Diego
                        • Send PM

All on the path to younger and cheaper. Gates is in his last year anyway. There are other players that would be tougher to lose.

I expect to keep another from the deep pool of WR talent we have to replace him.
                        Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                        The Wasted Decade is done.
                        Build Back Better.

Comment

• oneinchpunch
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

What an offseason.
                          Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

Working...
                          X