• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • blueman
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Heck, I was hoping Rountree was the second coming of Michael Turner, to Ekeler’s not too shabby version of LT. If we want someone who can block first, maybe run for a yard or two, wouldn’t that be Nabors?

Comment

• equivocation
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Apr 2021
      • Send PM

He got benched from ST last year. Doesn't speak well to his blocking considering how punt blocking has been.

Comment

• Boltjolt
        Dont let the PBs fool ya
        • Jun 2013
        • Henderson, NV
        • Send PM

Originally posted by equivocation View Post

What gets Herbert killed? What forces Ekeler to stay on the field when he's gassed so that Herbert doesn't get killed?

I'm just saying people are looking for the wrong skill sets. We don't need a RB1. We need someone who doesn't get our stars killed. Rountree was supposed to be that but so far nope.
        Of course they like you to be able to pass block but they want the other RB skills to.
        Sometimes they think pass blocking can be coached.if you show some effort but Fletcher was never very good at it. Sproles became decent for a small guy. LT became pretty good.

Breece Hall is a decent pass blocker in this draft....but would require a higher pick and his running skill imo reminds me of Levion Bell with his patients for his blockers but he has more speed.

Comment

• AK47
          Registered Charger Fan
          • May 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post

A great pass blocking RB2 would be awesome, yes. I’ll settle for a decent rushing RB2, cuz I saw a lot of really bad runs rom our backups last season.
          Just need to workout any RB with good size, runs a 4.50, and can catch. At any level. Chances are that guy would be good enough to win a backup RB job.

Comment

• gzubeck
            Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
            • Jan 2019
            • Tucson, AZ
            • Send PM

Thought I would post this video on Simms RB evaluations....You know where I stand. We had Superman how about Batman.

opcorn:
            Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• AFboltfan
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Nov 2018
              • Balboa Park bench
              • Medical Simulation
              • Send PM

What happens if Herbert gets hurt? Lets go get a pro bowl backup QB.

Of course there will be a drop off. But we have 3 backup RBs to try to handle all he does.

The bigger issue is that there is no one to relieve Ekeler and keep his snaps down. The things that keep young RBs off the field are fumbles and sacks.

Someome who can reliably come in and handle business lets us rest Ekeler, who is also oir best pass blocking RB. Keep a pass catcher 3rd in line.
              WTF does that even mean? Are you saying I want a pro bowl RB behind Ekeler based on my post? Are you high or do you just like to add irrelevant comparisons to your replies? Sure a pro bowler at any level is the goal, but I just wand PRODUCTIVITY and AVAILABILITY behind Ekeler. Our current corrall of losers don't provide that, "TRY" is the key word with Rountree and Kelley.

I for one don't want Ekeler to carry the load like he did last year regardless of how many pass plays we throw... I want him a little more fresh for the playoffs and to get help.

I don't want just another pass blocker because we can't find a RB that can, I don't know... "run"...

:horsepiss:

Comment

• equivocation
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Apr 2021
                • Send PM

Originally posted by AFboltfan View Post

WTF does that even mean? Are you saying I want a pro bowl RB behind Ekeler based on my post? Are you high or do you just like to add irrelevant comparisons to your replies? Sure a pro bowler at any level is the goal, but I just wand PRODUCTIVITY and AVAILABILITY behind Ekeler. Our current corrall of losers don't provide that, "TRY" is the key word with Rountree and Kelley.

I for one don't want Ekeler to carry the load like he did last year regardless of how many pass plays we throw... I want him a little more fresh for the playoffs and to get help.

I don't want just another pass blocker because we can't find a RB that can, I don't know... "run"...

:horsepiss:
                I'm not arguing against another RB, but the wishlist seems to be expanding to RB1 territory, including using pick #17 on a RB.

1. We need availability and reliability behind Ekeler.
                2. We pass 70% of the time
                3. We are in 11 or 12 personnel most of the time. Next most common are 10 and 13. I can count our 2* personnel groupings on my fingers.
                4. A good RB2 plays ~40% of snaps
                5. RBs in pass first offenses need to be able to block. Ekeler blocks. LT blocked. Edgerrin James blocked. Faulk blocked.
                6. The skill set we're looking for needs to include blocking because a lack of pass blocking keeps RBs off the field (see: reliability and availability). We've seen this happen over and over.
                7. Run prominent offenses (BAL, CLE, etc) can more afford a RB who doesn't block.

I think, with our current roster construction and value structures in the NFL, an extra RB1 is a luxury we cannot afford. Focus on RB2 traits.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                  Dont let the PBs fool ya
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Henderson, NV
                  • Send PM

I'm not arguing against another RB, but the wishlist seems to be expanding to RB1 territory, including using pick #17 on a RB.

1. We need availability and reliability behind Ekeler.
                  2. We pass 70% of the time
                  3. We are in 11 or 12 personnel most of the time. Next most common are 10 and 13. I can count our 2* personnel groupings on my fingers.
                  4. A good RB2 plays ~40% of snaps
                  5. RBs in pass first offenses need to be able to block. Ekeler blocks. LT blocked. Edgerrin James blocked. Faulk blocked.
                  6. The skill set we're looking for needs to include blocking because a lack of pass blocking keeps RBs off the field (see: reliability and availability). We've seen this happen over and over.
                  7. Run prominent offenses (BAL, CLE, etc) can more afford a RB who doesn't block.

I think, with our current roster construction and value structures in the NFL, an extra RB1 is a luxury we cannot afford. Focus on RB2 traits.
                  According to our 2021 team stats, we passed 61.5% of the time. And if our defense wasn't so awful we would run even more to run clock instead of having to be trading scores to keep ahead or catch up.

Comment

• blueman
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Pretty sure Lombardi would find a use for backup RB who was more of a power RB…they seem to have wanted that from Rountree last season. Unfortunately it wasn’t his lack of pass blocking ability that kept him off the field.

Comment

• AFboltfan
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Nov 2018
                      • Balboa Park bench
                      • Medical Simulation
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

According to our 2021 team stats, we passed 61.5% of the time. And if our defense wasn't so awful we would run even more to run clock instead of having to be trading scores to keep ahead or catch up.
                      Thank you... Some people get it. We can want a reliable RB2 but oh man make sure he is not "to talented" SMH. Lombardi did very well with Kamara and Ingram... This team needs an Ingram IMHO.

Comment

• Chargerfreak
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Sep 2018
                        • Send PM

Sony Michel or Melvin Gordon would work.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                          Dont let the PBs fool ya
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Henderson, NV
                          • Send PM

I don't want Michel. Draft a RB.

Comment

Working...
                          X