• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Charged up
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Reggie Wayne Anyone?

Reggie Wayne, the 7th all time in Career Receptions, has been connected to the San Diego Chargers. Could the team end up signing him to bolster their group of wide receivers?

While discussing Wide Receiver Reggie Wayne on the program "ESPN Insiders" today, they talked about of the few possible destinations for Wayne being the New England Patriots, New Orleans Saints and San Diego Chargers. ESPN Reporter Ed Werder said this about the Chargers being linked to Reggie Wayne:

"The Chargers are interesting because Tom Telesco the GM there was with the Colts. He's known to consider Wayne a Hall of Fame caliber player and of course Antonio Gates is going to miss the first 4 games of the season, Wayne might be able to help them early."

Keenan Allen, Malcom Floyd and Stevie Johnson are the projected starters for the Chargers in Week 1 and even with Antonio Gates missing the first four games it would be hard to find Reggie Wayne snaps without running a lot of four Wide Receiver sets. Wayne would bring leadership, experience, familiarity for Tom Telesco and over 1,000 total receptions to the Chargers. At 36 years old, how much does Reggie Wayne have left in the tank and would it be worth it for the Chargers to take a flyer on him?
  • Formula 21
    The Future is Now
    • Jun 2013
    • Republic of San Diego
    • Send PM

Pass. We have young talent waiting in the wings.
    Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
    The Wasted Decade is done.
    Build Back Better.

Comment

fender57
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Isn't Reggie Wayne at the point in his career where he sustains an injury just by putting on his socks?

Comment

• Panamamike
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by 6025 View Post
        Isn't Reggie Wayne at the point in his career where he sustains an injury just by putting on his socks?
        I think RW can still light a D up playing from the slot. I also think it would be tough to cover he, KA and Stevie Johnson out of that trips bunch formation.

Comment

• QSmokey
          Guardedly Optimistic
          • Jun 2013
          • Kuna, Idaho
          • Retired
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula Two One View Post
          Pass. We have young talent waiting in the wings.
          That will soon be playing for the Some-Other-City Chargers. And this team - whatever city they're in - will probably be without Gates, Rivers, and Weddle after this year. So I say...go for it! Put everything into the season to win it all THIS year! Then we can ALL 'retire' from football as the SAN DIEGO Chargers leave the city having just won the Super Bowl.

Comment

• Formula 21
            The Future is Now
            • Jun 2013
            • Republic of San Diego
            • Send PM

When did some over the hill, ex-great player ever help the Bolts win a game? I just just don't think they have that much impact. Train the young guys.
            Build Back Better.

Comment

fender57
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

When did some over the hill, ex-great player ever help the Bolts win a game? I just just don't think they have that much impact. Train the young guys.
              Well, there was John Unitas. And John Mackey. And Lydell Mitchell. And Bob Sanders. All ex-Colts.

Comment

Can we get Bruce Wayne?

Comment

• Lightningwill_420

Reggie Wayne is probably a step up from Malcom Floyd. Both are aging and are injury risks. Wayne's had a better career.

Comment

• Formula 21
                    The Future is Now
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Republic of San Diego
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by 6025 View Post
                    Well, there was John Unitas. And John Mackey. And Lydell Mitchell. And Bob Sanders. All ex-Colts.
                    I don't recall any of them having an impact. Especially Bob Saunders.
                    Build Back Better.

Comment

• QSmokey
                      Guardedly Optimistic
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Kuna, Idaho
                      • Retired
                      • Send PM

For what? To play in LA and help the LA Whatevers win a championship? All signs point to this being *IT* for the Chargers in San Diego. Win NOW. If we can get 60 catches and 8 TDs out of "Malcom Wayne", I say do it. There is no future beyond 2015 for this team as far as I'm concerned. By the way, Floyd is another vet who will be gone after this year.

Comment

• QSmokey
                        Guardedly Optimistic
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Kuna, Idaho
                        • Retired
                        • Send PM

I don't recall any of them having an impact. Especially Bob Saunders.
                        Sanders had an impact. A negative one.

Comment

Working...
                        X