• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tomdutchy
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Oct 2021
    • Send PM

We Should Trade For Koo

Yeah I know it doesn't address our immediate needs but Falcons are out and won't pay him after the season. It shores up part of our special teams and he's good on kick offs too. Sign him long term and would be good for 1-2 extra wins every year. Just look at Tucker and what a good kicker can mean for a team. We got a lot of picks so now is the time to use it for the future.

• Tomdutchy
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Oct 2021
    • Send PM

To be honest, I thought it was a bas move for Lynn to release him but now I'm glad he did. Otherwise, we could be stuck with Lynn.

Comment

• Velo
      Ride!
      • Aug 2019
      • Everywhere
      • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
      • Send PM

It will never happen. Teams don't dump a rookie free agent when he struggles, then three years later give up draft choices to bring him back, even if he is a Pro Bowler. Pride and egos are involved. It's not something that teams do. I don't see Telesco bucking that trend.

Comment

• La Costa Boy
        Pretty much retired......
        • Sep 2018
        • JoJa
        • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
        • Send PM

Now THIS is a topic subject I would have bet 1000 - 1 that I would never see on the Blues.........

Comment

• Hadl2Alworth
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Oct 2017
          • Send PM

i'll tell you who I'd love to have at kicker for next season...Matt Araiza. The guy has an inhuman leg. He's the Aztecs Punter/Kicker. He's a phenom. He just punted the ball in the Air Force game tonight 81 freakin yards. Six of those yards came as a result of a roll. Which means 75 yards were in the AIR. Think about that! And he had a 86-yard punt last week. Oh yeah, for good measure he kicked a 51-yard FG a few minutes after the punt tonight. He's amazing. If he keeps this up he will go in the first round of next years draft IMO. If he can punt the ball over 70 yards (and who knows what his FG range is) in the air isn't he worth it?

EDIT: I guess he's only a Junior. Could he come out early?

Comment

• Hadl2Alworth
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Oct 2017
            • Send PM

Araiza just punted one 67 yards.

Comment

• richpjr
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Nashville
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Hadl2Alworth View Post
              i'll tell you who I'd love to have at kicker for next season...Matt Araiza. The guy has an inhuman leg. He's the Aztecs Punter/Kicker. He's a phenom. He just punted the ball in the Air Force game tonight 81 freakin yards. Six of those yards came as a result of a roll. Which means 75 yards were in the AIR. Think about that! And he had a 86-yard punt last week. Oh yeah, for good measure he kicked a 51-yard FG a few minutes after the punt tonight. He's amazing. If he keeps this up he will go in the first round of next years draft IMO. If he can punt the ball over 70 yards (and who knows what his FG range is) in the air isn't he worth it?

EDIT: I guess he's only a Junior. Could he come out early?
              As an Aztec alumni, I watch all of their games. He is the best player on that team and that 86 yard was an absolute bomb. Punting from inside your own 20 and pinning the other team inside of their own 20 is just such a massive, massive advantage and makes the other teams O drive a long way to score. He's had 4 punts 75 yards or longer this year, IIRC. I'd LOVE to see him on the Chargers.

Comment

• 21&500
                Bolt Spit-Baller
                • Sep 2018
                • A Whale's Vajayjay
                • CMB refugee
                • Send PM

It's settled then...
                Koo and Araiza in 2022.
                P1. Block Destruction
                P2. Shocking Effort
                P3. Ball Disruption
                P4. Obnoxious Communication

Comment

• Tomdutchy
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Oct 2021
                  • Send PM

No kicker is worth 1st round pick but Koo could be had for 5th or 6th round trade. Falcons have no cap room to pay him as a FA.

Comment

• Tomdutchy
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Oct 2021
                    • Send PM

Bingo. There you go.

Koo = +1 wins per season and counting.

Comment

• Steve
                      Administrator
                      • Jun 2013
                      • South Carolina
                      • Meteorologist
                      • Send PM

Or we wait and bring him back as a FA and save the draft pick.

Few teams are willing to spend a draft pick on K period, no one is going to do it for a guy whose contract is up at the end of the season. Then add in new timing (new holder and LS for him) ... there are a lot of things that make bringing in a new K a dicey proposition.

Comment

• richpjr
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Nashville
                        • Send PM

The irony is we gave up on Koo too soon and as happens a lot with kickers, it took a while but finally clicked for him - which is what Staley has been trying to get out of Viz.

Comment

Working...
                        X