The "Who will sustain a season-ending injury this year?" thread.

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • QSmokey
    Guardedly Optimistic
    • Jun 2013
    • Kuna, Idaho
    • Retired
    • Send PM

The "Who will sustain a season-ending injury this year?" thread.

OK, I've been wanting to do this for the last 3-4 years, but realized it was such an unpopular subject that I've shied away.

But this year is different - does anyone doubt that? And I don't have to list the reasons; we're all too familiar. And really, NOT starting this thread for the past several years has had ZERO impact on our injury (un)luck. So I say it's time to try something different. A "reverse psychology injury approach", if you will. Since our recent injury history almost can't get any worse, this thread will serve to make it better. Since this is the last season I'm going to be able to post this, I say flames be damned!

So, please cast your vote (up to 3) - this could be anyone important on the roster - as to who you think is going to go down either in TC or PS or the early part of the year with a season-ending injury.

My votes (in no particular order):

- Brandon Flowers
    - Gorgon
    - Keenan Allen

P.S. Given the 'enthusiasm' we've all shown this off-season for posting about anything but stadium/relocation issues, I'm guessing this thread will have the fewest views and fewest replies in Board History.
    fender57
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Verrett - I have to see it to believe it (him lasting the season). Hopefully he is on the Antonio Gates program of healing injuries.

Comment

• bonehead
      Undrafted
      • Jul 2013
      • TBD
      • Retired
      • Send PM

in no particular order:

MassGeneralBolt
      Tucker
      OIP
      Forget it Donny you're out of your element

Shut the fuck up Donny

Comment

• Geezbolt
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Sun Valley, ID
        • Send PM

It will be "Q" when he tries racing one of the younger guys on this forum.

Comment

• UtahBolt
          Did we win?
          • Jun 2013
          • I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.
          • Send PM

Jeez Q...macabre thread! I am way too superstitious to name anyone specifically and I really think this team has the pieces to make a run if they can stay relatively injury free. However, my guess would be one or more of the usual suspects, the guys we have come to count on getting hurt at some point and we all know who those guys are.
          I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.

Comment

• Bolt-O
            Administrator
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Bad juju thread!!!!!

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
              No Sir, I Dont Like It
              • Jun 2013
              • Section 457
              • Migrant Film Worker
              • Send PM

Stupidest thread idea ever
              Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
              sigpic

Comment

• richpjr
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Nashville
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Mister Hoarse View Post
                Stupidest thread idea ever
                Yep.

Comment

• SDFan
                  Woober Goober
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Dolores, CO
                  • Retired
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by QSmokey View Post
                  OK, I've been wanting to do this for the last 3-4 years, but realized it was such an unpopular subject that I've shied away.

But this year is different - does anyone doubt that? And I don't have to list the reasons; we're all too familiar. And really, NOT starting this thread for the past several years has had ZERO impact on our injury (un)luck. So I say it's time to try something different. A "reverse psychology injury approach", if you will. Since our recent injury history almost can't get any worse, this thread will serve to make it better. Since this is the last season I'm going to be able to post this, I say flames be damned!

So, please cast your vote (up to 3) - this could be anyone important on the roster - as to who you think is going to go down either in TC or PS or the early part of the year with a season-ending injury.

My votes (in no particular order):

- Brandon Flowers
                  - Gorgon
                  - Keenan Allen

P.S. Given the 'enthusiasm' we've all shown this off-season for posting about anything but stadium/relocation issues, I'm guessing this thread will have the fewest views and fewest replies in Board History.
                  so you've been waiting 3-4 years to do this? About the same length of time you've been threatening to "retire". Now that ownership has made it increasingly uncomfortable to follow the team - I guess you decided to go scorched earth on your way out eh?

Let's all keep in mind the PLAYERS have nothing to do with the BS of moving the team, they are employees in an unfortunate unfolding story. We should not direct bad juju at them- so I'm going to redirect the bad mojo here towards management/ownership for my list:

#1) FIBiani. Could this guy please have a heart attack or a stroke that renders him unable to speak or at least choke on his vile, bitter words?
                  #2) Dean Spanos. Could easily trip over the land mines FIBS has laid, or at least trip over his own incompetent feet! Break a leg Asshole!
                  #3) Grubman. Who ever heard of this fuck before the Chargers to LA charade went Prime Time? Needs to crawl back under the rock he came from and let an earthquake seal his fate there.
                  #4) Goodell. Hope he gets CTE leading to dementia and Alzheimer's.
                  #5) AG & John Spanos. Support of this team by fans and city MADE both your careers! You ungrateful pukes, grow some spines and at least have the decency to come out with some public statements instead of hiding behind your slimy lawyer and loser father's skirts! If you don't want to go to LA, stand up and be counted, or I hope you get lung cancer from the smog and carjacked in Carson!
                  Life is too short to drink cheap beer :beer:

Comment

It will be one of QSmokey's favorite guys. Either Amari Cooper or Trent Richardson.

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
                      Grammar Police
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

The Raiders QB RB and best WR!

I would gong this thread if this were the gong show!
                      Go Rivers!

Comment

• QSmokey
                        Guardedly Optimistic
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Kuna, Idaho
                        • Retired
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by UtahBolt View Post
                        Jeez Q...macabre thread! I am way too superstitious to name anyone specifically and I really think this team has the pieces to make a run if they can stay relatively injury free. However, my guess would be one or more of the usual suspects, the guys we have come to count on getting hurt at some point and we all know who those guys are.
                        Fuck you.

Comment

Working...
                        X