Chargers at Eagles Pregame Discussion (Wk 9)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Charge!
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Aug 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post
    I hope they give Maurice Ffrench some playing time. He's fast and he sees the holes in the defense when he has the ball. He was successful as a return man in college too. He may be helpful if they put him out there.
    I agree. We need to add more speed which will draw defenders and open things up more for others.... defenses fear speed.....

Comment

• Velo
      Ride!
      • Aug 2019
      • Everywhere
      • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
      • Send PM

Can anybody here still play cornerback? You may be needed tomorrow. CB was my secondary position in HS. I was primarily a WR. That was too long ago for me to be any use though.

Comment

• Velo
        Ride!
        • Aug 2019
        • Everywhere
        • Send PM

Maurice Ffrench at Pitt. He's a 4.4 guy. It will be good to have that speed on the field.

Comment

• Charge!
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Aug 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

Except our running game isn’t poor. We’re ranked sixth in rushing DVOA, Football Outsiders’ efficiency metric. It’s all about complementing one on top of another in order to have a successful offense. Otherwise you become too one dimensional like the Chiefs right now.
          it may be efficient at times(whatever that means) but it is not good..... when our opponents have 2nd and 3 (because they ripped off 7 on first down), they run again and get the first down plus 3-5 more yards beyond that,..... that is good running or horrible run defense.....

when chargers have a 2nd and one or 3rd and one, sometimes we barely msaje it and other times we lose yardage...... big difference.....

and we have no backs who run with power.....and no RB depth....compared to most teams....

alot of our runs or attempts at running have forced Herbert into 3rd and longs under a heavy pass rush....

stats are deceptive..... most people assume chargers pass defense and coverages are good, because we don't give up tons of passing yardage, BUT, what most dont consider is that our opponents dont have to pass much because running on us is so easy, and running the ball uses up lots of clock reducing scoring and the need to throw the ball, but when opponents have needed to throw the ball, usually their receivers are open..... so teams can throw if they want to or need to..... which means our offense needs to score nearly every possession to win..... punting is not an option....

most of our wins are because herbert and our offense were perfect or nearly perfect on last drives of those games and on 4th downs...... but you cannot count on those perfect miracle drives every week.....and we have gotten a number of very lucky miracle type of turnovers to save us....

Comment

• Velo
            Ride!
            • Aug 2019
            • Everywhere
            • Send PM

Ekeler and Jackson could be a pretty good duo, if Jackson didn't get hurt every time he plays. Loved the 75 yard run v. the Patriots. He can dance around and make himself hard to tackle. Now if he could just do it without injuring himself.

Comment

• Caslon
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Apr 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
              Ekeler and Jackson could be a pretty good duo, if Jackson didn't get hurt every time he plays. Loved the 75 yard run v. the Patriots. He can dance around and make himself hard to tackle. Now if he could just do it without injuring himself.
              Jackson = TT’s later round RB pick pet project. He makes once in awhile good runs, then gets injured followed by another handful of decent runs. TT’s gonna have to cut bait sooner or later.

Comment

• Xenos
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Feb 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post

it may be efficient at times(whatever that means) but it is not good..... when our opponents have 2nd and 3 (because they ripped off 7 on first down), they run again and get the first down plus 3-5 more yards beyond that,..... that is good running or horrible run defense.....

when chargers have a 2nd and one or 3rd and one, sometimes we barely msaje it and other times we lose yardage...... big difference.....

and we have no backs who run with power.....and no RB depth....compared to most teams....

alot of our runs or attempts at running have forced Herbert into 3rd and longs under a heavy pass rush....

stats are deceptive..... most people assume chargers pass defense and coverages are good, because we don't give up tons of passing yardage, BUT, what most dont consider is that our opponents dont have to pass much because running on us is so easy, and running the ball uses up lots of clock reducing scoring and the need to throw the ball, but when opponents have needed to throw the ball, usually their receivers are open..... so teams can throw if they want to or need to..... which means our offense needs to score nearly every possession to win..... punting is not an option....

most of our wins are because herbert and our offense were perfect or nearly perfect on last drives of those games and on 4th downs...... but you cannot count on those perfect miracle drives every week.....and we have gotten a number of very lucky miracle type of turnovers to save us....
                I beg to differ. I think the left side of our OL has shown that it can maul and lead the way for our RBs. It’s just a matter of consistency. It’ll never be the focal point of our team like it was during LT’s prime but there’s enough there to help this team be successful at running. Popper provided a great breakdown of our offensive issues.

Comment

• Caslon
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Apr 2019
                  • Send PM

4:00 pm starting time there, 1:00 pm here. That’s kinda a small plus, I suppose. Less jet lag factor? Then again, clocks get turned back overnight. Me has sudden brain overload.

Comment

• Caslon
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Apr 2019
                    • Send PM

Kenneth Murray is due back this game , maybe. (I call him Ken).

Comment

• jamrock
                      lawyers, guns and money
                      • Sep 2017
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
                      Can anybody here still play cornerback? You may be needed tomorrow. CB was my secondary position in HS. I was primarily a WR. That was too long ago for me to be any use though.
                      We got nothing. Maybe one of the coaches can suit up?

Comment

• La Costa Boy
                        Pretty much retired......
                        • Sep 2018
                        • JoJa
                        • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
                        • Send PM

No Eagles Gameday thread.......bad JuJu..........

Comment

Working...
                        X