• Jun 2013
    • Republic of San Diego
    • Send PM

Welcome Luther Robinson

Chargers place Tenny Palepoi on IR
    Luther Robinson to be signed in corresponding move
    Mugshot of Michael Gehlken
    By Michael Gehlken | 12:22 p.m. Aug. 3, 2015

Tenny Palepoi had been a regular around Chargers Park all year.

Even with Monday's move, that likely won't change.

San Diego placed the defensive end on season-ending injured reserve. He fractured his foot two days earlier during the first padded practice of training camp. On Monday, the team worked out defensive end Luther Robinson and signed him in a corresponding move.

Palepoi was regarded as among the Chargers' hardest workers at the facility this offseason.

Coach Mike McCoy said that he expects to see the second-year pro around the building still. That is presuming Palepoi clears waivers as players must during training camp before moved to injured reserve. Palepoi underwent surgery Monday.

Robinson, 24, went undrafted in 2014 out of Miami. He spent training camp with the Packers and, after beginning the year on the practice squad, was promoted to the 53-man roster. In Week 5, against the Vikings, the 6-foot-3, 301-pound lineman tipped a Christian Ponder pass that teammate Julius Peppers returned for a score.

Robinson (calf) ended the season on injured reserve.

Green Bay released him in May.
    Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
    The Wasted Decade is done.
    Build Back Better.
  • Formula 21
    The Future is Now
    • Jun 2013
    • Republic of San Diego
    • Send PM

From a Packers fan

Hey Ty, There must be more to this? Why now? Why Robinson? Last year, LR was a surprise in camp and bright spot big man (along with Pennel) in an undersized and undertalented DL.
    I have to guess there's either more to the injury, he gained a ton of weight or something else off field. Or he showed absolutely nothing in just 62 snaps.
    There would have been plenty of time to cut LR in August..why now?
    Build Back Better.

Comment

• Formula 21
      The Future is Now
      • Jun 2013
      • Republic of San Diego
      • Send PM

Looks like a decent pick up to me. A big tough guy in a position that demands it. At a position that we may just be too nice.

Robinson's tough-guy attitude was evident immediately in camp.
      "I got that from my dad," said Robinson. "You can't take nothing from nobody. You back off and you'll be going home."

Robinson, 6 feet 3 inches and 303 pounds, wasn't among the 450 undrafted players swooped up within minutes of the conclusion of the draft. Green Bay and Washington phoned a few days later, offering a weekend tryout.
      Because the Packers called first, Robinson came here. After the 72-hour cattle call, he was offered a three-year contract without a bonus.
      When tackle Bryan Bulaga discussed Robinson, he mentioned pass rush, and so did a personnel man. Trgovac brought up his intelligence.
      Interior rushers are hard to find and Robinson, who ran a 5.04-second 40-yard dash and bench-pressed 225 pounds 30 times, demonstrates quick hands and legit power.

Robinson chalks up his football agility to three years as the starting basketball center at Westwood High in Fort Pierce, Fla. He was planning on a career in hoops until the night his opponent in the paint was Larry Sanders, who would be drafted in the first round by the Milwaukee Bucks.
      "You know how that ended," Robinson said with a hearty laugh. "That's when I realized I wasn't a basketball player."
      Robinson, who missed the 2011 season with a broken foot, played up and down the line in Miami's 3-4 and 4-3 fronts.
      Last edited by Formula 21; 08-03-2015, 03:41 PM.
      Build Back Better.

Comment

• bonehead
        Undrafted
        • Jul 2013
        • TBD
        • Retired
        • Send PM

Luther is in the house!!

Forget it Donny you're out of your element

Shut the fuck up Donny

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
          No Sir, I Dont Like It
          • Jun 2013
          • Section 457
          • Migrant Film Worker
          • Send PM

Solid.
          Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
          sigpic

Comment

Working...
          X