Film Study: The Good, The Bad and The Ugly (week10 vs MN)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • NoMoreChillies
    Outback Goon
    • Sep 2018
    • Australia
    • Send PM

Film Study: The Good, The Bad and The Ugly (week10 vs MN)

Welcome back Diehards
    Big thanks for all the well wishes and prayers. Surgery was successful and i am in the painful recovery now. All good.
    This week we witnessed another poor performance from our Chargers with a loss to the 3-5 Vikings. I have noticed the mental errors of earlier in the season have quitened down recently, now its more physical errors.

The Good:
    1st Quarter 1:16 on the clock ball on 32yrd line
    Here we see the Vikings try play action pass to get Jefferson open (which works). However with some creative play design we notice Bosa is covering RB pressure valve and Ogbongbemiga reads the play well, fires towards QB with enough speed and power to beat the LG and get the sack. Truly a great effort and well executed play.

The Bad:
    1st Quarter 5:04 on the clock ball on 6yrd line.
    Viking throw a simple HB dumpoff and Chargers just Chargerrred it up. Missed tackles......again.
    Murray
    Harris
    Gilman
    Samuel
    White
    somebody save me

The Ugly:
    2nd Quarter 6:31 on the clock ball on 11yrd line.
    Herbert makes a rookie mistake here. He has Cook open for easy 6yrd pass, but decides to take more. Notice the CB has dropped Guyton and left him open vs FS. This is where Hebert should have taken a shot, but instead chose Allen who was running into traffic. We all want shots downfield to Guyton like last year and some blame Lombardi for the play calls, but here is example of a bad decision and missing the big play. The INT and subsequent runback could be played to Benny Hill music as we watch Fieler and Kelemete tackle each other.

Honorable Mentions:

Hon1
    Chris Harris drops his coverage and switches to the outside WR to break up the pass. Veteran play and well executed

Hon2
    Gilman and Derwin collide in the endzone and give Viking easy TD.
    This was a tossup for Ugly, eventually losing out because that play was 1 after holding Vikings to fied goal and just gave the ball away and forced our tired defense back on the field. Still its an awful result and i am not sure i have enough football knowledge to fix it. Is it bad design? Bad execution? Bad luck? .....Chargers....

Bonus Content:
    Since i was absent last week i have added some bonus videos for your salty pleasure. This week saw 8 drops from Chargers players.
    Drop1

Drop2

Drop3

Drop4

Drop5

Drop6

Drop7

Drop8

last time i saw this many drops was 2018n vs KC

As always luv ya
    -Chillies
  • Berserker76
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Nov 2019
    • Send PM

Great stuff, thanks!

Comment

• Topcat
      AKA "Pollcat"
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

If you watch K9 as the RB catches the rock, K9 got caught flat-footed, kind of juking himself, and was late trying to tackle the RB...wow...

k9 whiff.JPG

Comment

• UtahBolt
        Did we win?
        • Jun 2013
        • I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post
        If you watch K9 as the RB catches the rock, K9 got caught flat-footed, kind of juking himself, and was late trying to tackle the RB...wow...

k9 whiff.JPG
        There was a lot of Chargers losing their footing all game....did not see a Viking slip. Just sayin...

Oh, and thanks again NMC!
        I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.

Comment

• FoutsFan
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Feb 2019
          • Birmingham AL
          • Send PM

Dropped passes bothered me a hell of a lot more than even linemen blowing blocking assignments. When I had a guy who's head was not in the game and was dropping passes I would go for a while without throwing it to them. Catch the damn ball!

Comment

• Fleet 1
            TPB Founder
            • Jun 2013
            • Kauai
            • Send PM

Cheers to you Chillies. Appreciate the time you put into these for us.

Comment

• Craig440
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Apr 2019
              • Send PM

Great thread. I love it. Glad your surgery went well.

Comment

Working...
              X
              😀
              😂
              🥰
              😘
              🤢
              😎
              😞
              😡
              👍