• Show
Clear All
  • Formula 21
    The Future is Now
    • Jun 2013
    • Republic of San Diego
    • Send PM

Troutman Death Watch

Back to the grill for Porkchops. Huey looks good for the backup OG/C roster spot. Funny, I rewatched the play and there was no hit on his arm.
    INJURY NEWS: Chargers OG Johnnie Troutman reportedly has a broken arm
    By John Gennaro  @john_gennaro on Aug 14, 2015, 9:54a 21

Stan Liu-USA TODAY Sports
    After leaving last night's preseason game against the Dallas Cowboys with an injury, it's being reported that San Diego Chargers guard Johnnie Troutman broke his arm.

I suppose this means that D.J. Fluker wins the competition for starting Right Guard by default?

Johnnie Troutman seemingly lost his job as the San Diego Chargers' starting Right Guard when he missed a few days of practice last week with an injury, and he left the game with an injury while playing with the second-string offensive line last night against the Dallas Cowboys.

Like Tourek Williams, he'll likely be IRed because a broken bone will take longer to heal than there is time left in the preseason.

This could actually end up being a bit of a saving grace for Troutman this year, as he was likely going to have to earn a spot on the team or risk being released at the end of Training Camp. This way, he can remain with the team (earning a reduced paycheck and being treated by the team's doctors) until his contract runs out next offseason.
    Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
    The Wasted Decade is done.
    Build Back Better.
  • Bolt-O
    Administrator
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

It wasn't a hit, more like he got his arm twisted wrong. It could be a greenstick type of fracture.

Comment

• richpjr
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Nashville
      • Send PM

I heard on the radio today that no decision about the IR has been made and they'd like to not put either player on it it if they can.

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
        Grammar Police
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Ouch!
        Go Rivers!

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
          Grammar Police
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Dispute the hate it is a loss of a potentially useful asset in a game that we have had close to the most injuries over the last two seasons. Dispute the Pork chop hate, he is a Charger and we have no idea if he will be needed were he healthy.
          Go Rivers!

Comment

• blueman
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
            I heard on the radio today that no decision about the IR has been made and they'd like to not put either player on it it if they can.
            Really? Both players are backups, not sure how they'd help us (if they ever could play this season) over other backups we'd sign and have on the 53 for the next few months instead. Yeah both are young and developing (being kind to the Fish here..) but IR them till next season, and get 2 guys who can contribute (as backups) now. Easy decision. Maybe McCoy is being...coy?

Comment

• Steve
              Administrator
              • Jun 2013
              • South Carolina
              • Meteorologist
              • Send PM

Really, because our 2nd and 3rd string OL and OLB seem to play an awful lot of snaps the last few years. Plus, I don't see how either can be called a 2nd string player when they haven't decided any of that yet.

Comment

• richpjr
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Nashville
                • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post
                Really? Both players are backups, not sure how they'd help us (if they ever could play this season) over other backups we'd sign and have on the 53 for the next few months instead. Yeah both are young and developing (being kind to the Fish here..) but IR them till next season, and get 2 guys who can contribute (as backups) now. Easy decision. Maybe McCoy is being...coy?
                Don't shoot the messenger - just repeating what they said on 1360 today.

Comment

• Steve
                  Administrator
                  • Jun 2013
                  • South Carolina
                  • Meteorologist
                  • Send PM

Putting them on IR now, ... We have time. Right now, anyone who has any potential to be any good is already on a roster. So, until 1st cuts, you don't have to do anything. Even then, there is probably no one any better then the guys we have now. Once it comes down to final cutdowns, there is a chance someone will get cut who could help, but that is still a few weeks away.

Comment

• Formula 21
                    The Future is Now
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Republic of San Diego
                    • Send PM

Give Porks an injury settlement and let him go. Save the money.
                    Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                    The Wasted Decade is done.
                    Build Back Better.

Comment

• blueman
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Steve View Post
                      Really, because our 2nd and 3rd string OL and OLB seem to play an awful lot of snaps the last few years. Plus, I don't see how either can be called a 2nd string player when they haven't decided any of that yet.
                      That's my point, we need guys who can play now, backups included. Unless you think we won't need any backups to play until December. Just a lot of dead space to carry for that long IMO (and agree with FTO, lose the Trout now).

Comment

• QSmokey
                        Guardedly Optimistic
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Kuna, Idaho
                        • Retired
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post
                        That's my point, we need guys who can play now, backups included. Unless you think we won't need any backups to play until December. Just a lot of dead space to carry for that long IMO (and agree with FTO, lose the Trout now).
                        As in THIS year. Because, to me, this is the ONLY year left. Damn this "He'll be our starting/backup [fill in a position here] for the next 10 years". First, in this day and age, that is no longer true. Second, who cares about years 2-10?

As for Williams/Troutman...at least one of them can be designated "IR Lite" (where they are eligible to come back mid-season), can't they?

Comment

Working...
                        X