Clear All
  • Fleet
    TPB Founder
    • Jun 2013
    • Cardiff - Poipu
    • Send PM

Originally posted by TBF View Post
    I'm all in for ANY NFL Team in SD...
    Same. Because it means i can stop being a slave to the Spanos. I tell myself i wont be a fan anymore if they go to LA. But i need an NFL team and i think i would end up just remaining a LA Charger fan. Sad.

Comment

• SDFan
      Woober Goober
      • Jun 2013
      • Dolores, CO
      • Retired
      • Send PM

Originally posted by KNSD View Post
      1. There's more than one venue in LA that can host a team.
      Wrong. Practically speaking, The Coliseum is it for any 2016 relocation. January is 3 months away and when NFL is supposed to announce who can move. Rose Bowl last round of renovations was never finished and not to NFL standards and they signed that AEG commitment basically eliminating them as a future NFL home. Angel's stadium not compatible for NFL. Same with Dodgers stadium currently, and they did not respond to NFL request as a future site and when pressed only said they might be "willing to look at whether they could overcome potential scheduling conflicts around expected Dodger playoff possible dates". That leaves what? Stub Hub center which only holds 27K? Might be perfect size for an Orphaned "LA Chargers" team nobody wants to see anyways- but what if somehow they actually made the playoffs next year in LA? NO WAY Stub Hub can host an NFL playoff game. End of story- 1 venue only for 2016. Angel
      Life is too short to drink cheap beer :beer:

Comment

• FiftyFive
        Dean Spanos is a traitor!
        • Dec 2014
        • Send PM

Why do people think the Jaguars are moving? Khan has spent $20 million on stadium renovations, signed a long-term lease that is almost impossible to get out of, and is also spending tons of money on developments in downtown Jacksonville. For better or for worse, the Jags are staying put.

Comment

fender57
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by FiftyFive View Post
          Why do people think the Jaguars are moving? Khan has spent $20 million on stadium renovations, signed a long-term lease that is almost impossible to get out of, and is also spending tons of money on developments in downtown Jacksonville. For better or for worse, the Jags are staying put.
          I'm wondering the same thing.

Comment

fender57
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by SDfan View Post
            Wrong. Practically speaking, The Coliseum is it for any 2016 relocation. January is 3 months away and when NFL is supposed to announce who can move. Rose Bowl last round of renovations was never finished and not to NFL standards and they signed that AEG commitment basically eliminating them as a future NFL home. Angel's stadium not compatible for NFL. Same with Dodgers stadium currently, and they did not respond to NFL request as a future site and when pressed only said they might be "willing to look at whether they could overcome potential scheduling conflicts around expected Dodger playoff possible dates". That leaves what? Stub Hub center which only holds 27K? Might be perfect size for an Orphaned "LA Chargers" team nobody wants to see anyways- but what if somehow they actually made the playoffs next year in LA? NO WAY Stub Hub can host an NFL playoff game. End of story- 1 venue only for 2016. Angel
            Stub Hub will not be able to accommodate the fans of the opposing teams who will see an opportunity to watch their favorite teams beat up on the LA Chargers.

Comment

• WindsorUK
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jul 2013
              • Windsor, U.K.
              • Send PM

London Chargers?:nod:
              Hell, I'm all in! You guys can stay with me if you want to go to the games.

Comment

• Boltx
                Dominate the day
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
                Same. Because it means i can stop being a slave to the Spanos. I tell myself i wont be a fan anymore if they go to LA. But i need an NFL team and i think i would end up just remaining a LA Charger fan. Sad.
                Agree with this.

Sadly, the only way to get a new owner in SD seems like to get a whole new team/franchise altogether.
                ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

• Little_Charger
                  Ex-Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Chula Vista, CA
                  • CO
                  • Send PM

This.
                  Mission: Valley.

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
                    No Sir, I Dont Like It
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Section 457
                    • Migrant Film Worker
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by WindsorUK View Post
                    London Chargers?:nod:
                    Hell, I'm all in! You guys can stay with me if you want to go to the games.
                    Ok maybe this could work.
                    Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
                    sigpic

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
                      No Sir, I Dont Like It
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Section 457
                      • Migrant Film Worker
                      • Send PM

I has a sad.
                      Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
                      sigpic

Comment

Working...
                      X