• Show
Clear All
  • TABF
    Por debajo del promedio
    • Jun 2013
    • SoCal
    • Send PM

Rivers on 700 Club

Great interview/piece on this week's 700 club. I wish all the other people who think PR17 is a turd could see this piece. It shows all that we SD fans already know about him. Pat Robertson kinda questioned why the NFL doesn't make him their poster boy! GOOD POINT!

Dude is straight up committed to Faith, Family and Football. He is a fantastic roll model IMO!
  • Maverick
    (Coryellian)
    • Jun 2013
    • Point Loma
    • Send PM

Props to PR!

Comment

• Steve
      Administrator
      • Jun 2013
      • South Carolina
      • Meteorologist
      • Send PM

He is not the poster child of the NFL because the Chargers haven't won much and Rivers is pretty damn boring. He is a classic pocket passer (as opposed to the new generation of QB). There is nothing new. Everyone wants something new and different, and there is nothing to see there in Rivers.

Not saying there is anything bad about Rivers, just that is what people/media want.

I also think Rivers is probably not enough of a self advertiser.

Comment

fender57
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Steve View Post
        He is not the poster child of the NFL because the Chargers haven't won much and Rivers is pretty damn boring. He is a classic pocket passer (as opposed to the new generation of QB). There is nothing new. Everyone wants something new and different, and there is nothing to see there in Rivers.

Not saying there is anything bad about Rivers, just that is what people/media want.

I also think Rivers is probably not enough of a self advertiser.
        I agree especially with the winning part. No championships = no attention. I've always contended that Rivers would be great in the mainstream (he'd be way better than Brady or Manning hosting SNL for instance), but they need to win first before he gets those major opportunities.

Comment

• onelazyfock
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

The 700 club...Not something I would be proud to be on.

Comment

• TABF
            Por debajo del promedio
            • Jun 2013
            • SoCal
            • Send PM

Originally posted by onelazyfock View Post
            That's Rivers... The only thing he really endorses is his love of God, Family and Football... And his bro in laws Alaska guide business

I don't watch much 700 club, but was on KCAL and saw the trailer for the Rivers story, taped it, watched it, and enjoyed it.

Comment

• sandiego17
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by onelazyfock View Post
              I'm pretty sure Rivers doesn't share the same reservations. Love that guy.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                Dont let the PBs fool ya
                • Jun 2013
                • Henderson, NV
                • Send PM

Originally posted by 6025 View Post
                I agree especially with the winning part. No championships = no attention. I've always contended that Rivers would be great in the mainstream (he'd be way better than Brady or Manning hosting SNL for instance), but they need to win first before he gets those major opportunities.
                And Tebow has won what? For that matter, what has Luck won? I just dont think SD players get much Publicity. Rivers has turned down endorsements though from what ive read.

Also, what is the 700 club?

Comment

fender57
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
                  And Tebow has won what? For that matter, what has Luck won? I just dont think SD players get much Publicity. Rivers has turned down endorsements though from what ive read.

Also, what is the 700 club?
                  Tebow gets attention because of his religious stance, his purported virginity, and his polarizing nature (piece of shit QB who is super exciting and somehow wins games - kind of like Flutie except Flutie wasn't a POS QB). I'm just saying Rivers has the personality to do something on the national pop culture stage but he won't get that chance without winning. Not that he'd necessarily want to.

The 700 Club is a Christian talk/news/feature program that was created by Pat Robertson.

Comment

fender57
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Also Rivers got a bad rap from both the Indy playoff game (where he jawed with fans walking off the field with the knee injury) and especially the Cutler incident (where the ESPN assholes unfairly ripped him when Cutler was the true asshole). He's still saddled with that stigma though it's not as bad as it once was.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                      Dont let the PBs fool ya
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Henderson, NV
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by 6025 View Post
                      Also Rivers got a bad rap from both the Indy playoff game (where he jawed with fans walking off the field with the knee injury) and especially the Cutler incident (where the ESPN assholes unfairly ripped him when Cutler was the true asshole). He's still saddled with that stigma though it's not as bad as it once was.
                      I never see the Cutler incident talked about anymore and i think Cutler took the asshole reigns away from Rivers. Rivers also got huge props for playing a playoff game on a torn ACL.

Comment

fender57
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
                        I never see the Cutler incident talked about anymore and i think Cutler took the Asshole reighns away from Rivers. Rivers also got huge props for playing a playoff game on a torn ACL.
                        Rivers got props for the playoff game and deservedly so, but he still suffers from the stigma of being a "loudmouth". As recent as the Philly game two years ago. What we may call fiery others will say mouthy.

Comment

Working...
                        X