Comment

• bonehead
      Undrafted
      • Jul 2013
      • TBD
      • Retired
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltergeist View Post
      I didn't want to open a new thread, but I have a Fake Football question, too. I've been offered Jordan Cameron, Mark Ingram, and Chris Ivory for Gronk. I am in a keeper league and my RBs are awful. The highest ranked RB I have is Joseph Randle. My second highest is Oliver. Obviously I need help there. So... would you make that trade?
      Tough call, you'll die a slow death with those RB's......I say do it and hope the hype over the Dolphins O is warranted.....if Cameron stays healthy then even better
      Forget it Donny you're out of your element

Shut the fuck up Donny

Comment

• Boltergeist
        Pesky apparition
        • Jun 2013
        • Baja Oklahoma
        • Send PM

I forgot to add that it is a PPR league, if that makes a difference.

Comment

• bonehead
          Undrafted
          • Jul 2013
          • TBD
          • Retired
          • Send PM

I forgot to add that it is a PPR league, if that makes a difference.
          Yeah that's tough because Gronk will get a ton of targets/receptions....but either way you'll be lucky if Oliver and Randle get more than 15 touches a game, Dallas just added Christine Michael so that is going to be a huge RB committee situation

Cameron is perfect for Tannehill and his love of intermediate routes but he has a bad concussion history....you'll need a solid backup there

Does this league have flex position?

Shut the fuck up Donny

Comment

• KNSD
            Registered Charger Hater
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Gronk vs other TEs is much more valuable than any RB off the street is to those you would pick up.
            Prediction:
            Correct: Chargers CI fails miserably.
            Fail: Team stays in San Diego until their lease runs out in 2020. (without getting new deal done by then) .
            Sig Bet WIN: The Chargers will file for relocation on January 15.

Comment

• bonehead
              Undrafted
              • Jul 2013
              • TBD
              • Retired
              • Send PM

Originally posted by KNSD View Post
              Gronk vs other TEs is much more valuable than any RB off the street is to those you would pick up.
              I'm not totally understanding your point not being a smart ass but please explain

Shut the fuck up Donny

Comment

• Asela
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jan 2014
                • Send PM

I didn't want to open a new thread, but I have a Fake Football question, too. I've been offered Jordan Cameron, Mark Ingram, and Chris Ivory for Gronk. I am in a keeper league and my RBs are awful. The highest ranked RB I have is Joseph Randle. My second highest is Oliver. Obviously I need help there. So... would you make that trade?
                I saw definitely Don't Do It!

There are more dynamics at play. Having 1 elite players that can score consistently is Better than 3 average to above average players. Remembe roster space is a concern. You'll have to cut 2 other players to make that trade.

I would keep Gronk and load up on backup RBs that could shine. Duke Johnson ? in Cleveland could take over as #1 over Crowell esp with West traded. RBs are the most injury prone positions, there will be a good RB or 2 that come available on waivers. Add a guy like Sproles or Woodhead since its PPR. Do you get return points?? Sproles will add a little more value there.

Some people only draft 1 solid RB and then a bunch of backups since a high profile RB will go down. Doug Martin might come cheap in a trade. He looks invigorated with a new OC.

There will also be flashes at WR on the waivers, pick them up and trade with another player of yours to upgrade an RB. Your goal is to get 2 decent RBs through trades and waivers but keep your studs. Gronk could get 7 catches for 68 yards and 2 TDs any game. That could equal the output of Cameron, Ingram and Ivory.

Besides I like Stacey's chances to pass up Ivory for NYJ. That trade will be there anytime you want. That owner is drools over the thought you are considering it
                Last edited by Asela; 09-06-2015, 02:53 PM.

Comment

• Boltergeist
                  Pesky apparition
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Baja Oklahoma
                  • Send PM

Thanks for the advice, everyone. I hope I repped you all and didn't miss anyone. I did what I should have done in the first place and ran the numbers. Both by last year's production and by this year's projected production the trade is a non-starter. The total points come out way higher with Gronk and the stiffs at RB. Thanks again.

Comment

• KNSD
                    Registered Charger Hater
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by bonehead View Post
                    I'm not totally understanding your point not being a smart ass but please explain
                    It's not about total points of Gronk vs RB. It's all about point differentials between what you have and what you could get if you put the next best available guy in there.
                    Gronk Points minus Backup is probably more than The replacement RB minus a current scrub RB.

Maths:
                    Case 1: Gronk Points + current scrub RB points
                    Case 2: Replacement TE points + Replacement RB points (from Gronk trade).

Don't make trade if Case 1 > Case 2. Or, doing some math...

Gronk Points - Replacement RB points > Backup TE points - current scrub RB points.
                    Prediction:
                    Correct: Chargers CI fails miserably.
                    Fail: Team stays in San Diego until their lease runs out in 2020. (without getting new deal done by then) .
                    Sig Bet WIN: The Chargers will file for relocation on January 15.

Comment

• chargerkdb
                      Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Hotter than hell, Georgia
                      • Send PM

Two things I never do; 1, bet money on Charger Games, I do however bet every preseason for Bolts to win Super Bowl. 2, I never pick Chargers for Fantasy Football, every time I did it in the past the player either got hurt or underperformed.

Comment

• Boltergeist
                        Pesky apparition
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Baja Oklahoma
                        • Send PM

Looks like keeping Gronk was the right choice. At least for now.

Comment

• Panamamike
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Be active in the waiver wire to pick up a RB. Rbs will get hurt, some for many weeks, so there will be opportunities to pick up guys that will start for multiple weeks and thus lessen the brutality of your Rbs. If it is a blind auction, you will need to overbid to get a couple Rbs as the opportunity presents itself.

Comment

Working...
                          X