• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Asela
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jan 2014
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Antonio's Gates View Post
    It would make sense to have him active because of his special teams ability. Not sure he's anything more than insurance offensively though. At least right now. He's still very raw. The potential is great though. Probably the highest ceiling amongst all receivers, including Allen. To me it's like an extra first round pick. He's got that kind of talent.
    I have not seen hardly any of TWill but I watched his 63 yard TD catch and run a few times. Is it just me, or does it seem like his running style lumbers a little? Perhaps he's really moving faster than he looks, but it seems to get to his 4.42 speed he needs time to ramp up. The straight away at the end, you could see his speed (against 3rd stringers) pulling away. But after the catch and change of direction, it seemed more fortunate defenders didn't respond well to his moves rather than quickness that juked the opponent. VJ looked smoother running, cutting and accelerating (at least to these tired eyes).

I know the way some guys run, their styles give a perceptual illusion (ie Dickerson not looking as he was running as fast as he was), so curious one your opinions since you've seen a lot more of him.

Comment

• Formula 21
      The Future is Now
      • Jun 2013
      • Republic of San Diego
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Asela View Post
      I have not seen hardly any of TWill but I watched his 63 yard TD catch and run a few times. Is it just me, or does it seem like his running style lumbers a little? Perhaps he's really moving faster than he looks, but it seems to get to his 4.42 speed he needs time to ramp up. The straight away at the end, you could see his speed (against 3rd stringers) pulling away. But after the catch and change of direction, it seemed more fortunate defenders didn't respond well to his moves rather than quickness that juked the opponent. VJ looked smoother running, cutting and accelerating (at least to these tired eyes).

I know the way some guys run, their styles give a perceptual illusion (ie Dickerson not looking as he was running as fast as he was), so curious one your opinions since you've seen a lot more of him.
      It's hard to run 63yards without a DB catching you. He does stand out for his size out there.
      Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
      The Wasted Decade is done.
      Build Back Better.

Comment

• Steve
        Administrator
        • Jun 2013
        • South Carolina
        • Meteorologist
        • Send PM

Wiliams is a long strider, but it is not like a lot of 6'3" guys are the super quick twitch guys. Most of them take time to build speed. Floyd is antother guy, but so was Vincent Jackson. It just goes with the territory. Tall lanky guys take time to build speed.

Some of Williams work needs to be on his release off the line. He will seem more sudden if he works on his release and is a little more decisive getting off the line.

Comment

• TTK
          EX-Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • America's Finest City
          • Send PM

I don't recall VJ ever having a catch and run like Williams did though. VJ was good at beating coverage but would never be able to pull away from anyone. He didn't have that type of speed.

Comment

• Antonio's Gates
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

TWILL a Charger!

Williams just looks like he's moving slow because of his long strides but then you realize no DB is making up any ground on him.

It's really evident when he's at gunner and gets a clean release.

His 200m numbers in track are comparable to randy moss.
            Last edited by Antonio's Gates; 09-07-2015, 01:06 PM.

Comment

• Maverick
              (Coryellian)
              • Jun 2013
              • Point Loma
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Mister Hoarse View Post
              They should ban the number 16 from use.
              CRAP!!!

Looks like TWill's going to wear #16......WHY would he choose #16 when there are still some great 80s #s to pick from???

I was hoping he'd opted for #83 or 81..

Comment

• Bolt-O
                Administrator
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

The good thing is he, by definition, can't be a bust.

Comment

• bonehead
                  Undrafted
                  • Jul 2013
                  • TBD
                  • Retired
                  • Send PM

Someone had to wear it
                  Forget it Donny you're out of your element

Shut the fuck up Donny

Comment

• Geezbolt
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Sun Valley, ID
                    • Send PM

The demons had to be exorcised at some point.
                    Last edited by Geezbolt; 09-07-2015, 06:18 PM.

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
                      No Sir, I Dont Like It
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Section 457
                      • Migrant Film Worker
                      • Send PM

They should've listened to me in time...
                      Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
                      sigpic

Comment

• KNSD
                        Registered Charger Hater
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

"Retire" No. 16 might be a bit wrong. Try "ban" No. 16....
                        Prediction:
                        Correct: Chargers CI fails miserably.
                        Fail: Team stays in San Diego until their lease runs out in 2020. (without getting new deal done by then) .
                        Sig Bet WIN: The Chargers will file for relocation on January 15.

Comment

• Asela
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jan 2014
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Antonio's Gates View Post
                          Williams just looks like he's moving slow because of his long strides but then you realize no DB is making up any ground on him.

It's really evident when he's at gunner and gets a clean release.

His 200m numbers in track are comparable to randy moss.
                          What were his 200m times? Wow, didn't know his numbers were comparable to Moss.

On that TD, when he's on a straight away, you can see him pulling away from the DBs but hard to gauge vs 3rd stringers. I'd be very happy to see TWill do that in real games

Comment

Working...
                          X