• Show
Clear All
  • Formula 21
    The Future is Now
    • Jun 2013
    • Republic of San Diego
    • Send PM

Michael Gehlken ‏@UTgehlken 38m38 minutes ago

Heat advisory in effect as Chargers practice. 97 degrees, 99 heat index. Will cool down over week, per NWS. 85 forecast for game Sunday.
    Damn it's hot out here today. Where's our practice bubble?
    Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
    The Wasted Decade is done.
    Build Back Better.

Comment

• Formula 21
      The Future is Now
      • Jun 2013
      • Republic of San Diego
      • Send PM

Tom Krasovic ‏@UTkrasovic 2h2 hours ago

Chargers OLB Jerry Attaochu is partaking in individual drills.
      3 retweets 8 favorites
      Tom Krasovic ‏@UTkrasovic 2h2 hours ago

Chargers DE Corey Liuget is in full gear for warmups.
      2 retweets 5 favorites

Bring in everybody (important) healthy. What a concept.
      Build Back Better.

Comment

• Formula 21
        The Future is Now
        • Jun 2013
        • Republic of San Diego
        • Send PM

Michael Gehlken ‏@UTgehlken 21m21 minutes ago

OLB Tourek Williams (foot), G Johnnie Troutman (arm) only Chargers not to practice. OLB Attaochu, CB Mager limited. Hamstring for both.
        2 retweets 4 favorites

There it is, Atta has a hammy.

Again.
        Build Back Better.

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
          Grammar Police
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Marty on 1090 said Attaochu did individual drills today. He could still play Sunday. Still this is the healthiest we have entered the season in a long time!
          Go Rivers!

Comment

• Formula 21
            The Future is Now
            • Jun 2013
            • Republic of San Diego
            • Send PM

Michael Gehlken ‏@UTgehlken 48m48 minutes ago

Chargers went light at tight end on 53-man roster, carrying three. Possible Ladarius Green concussion may force transaction this week.
            12 retweets 5 favorites
            Time to produce, oh wait.

And there's not a person on the 53 we can expose that won't get claimed. FCKG LG.
            Build Back Better.

Comment

• Maverick
              (Coryellian)
              • Jun 2013
              • Point Loma
              • Send PM

Green is a major tease....this sux!!!

Comment

• Formula 21
                The Future is Now
                • Jun 2013
                • Republic of San Diego
                • Send PM

ALLEN PARK -- The Detroit Lions have only two practices left before opening the season against the San Diego Chargers.

And it's looking increasingly likely they'll do it without starting linebacker DeAndre Levy, defensive tackle Caraun Reid and right guard Larry Warford.

That trio did not practice once again when the Lions resumed preparations for San Diego on Sunday. Reid and Warford have not practiced since suffering high ankle sprains in an exhibition against Washington on Aug. 20.

Levy hasn't practiced in more than two weeks while dealing with an unknown issue. The Lions' first injury report of the season is due out at 4 p.m. today.
                I like it.
                Levy has started every game at weak-side linebacker the last two years for the Lions and is one of their most irreplaceable players. He had a career-high 151 tackles last year, and in 2013 he led the Lions with six interceptions.

The Lions signed Levy to a four-year, $33-million contract extension last month that at the time made him the highest paid 4-3 outside linebacker in the NFL. Lavonte David of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers signed a richer deal less than a week later.
                Last edited by Formula 21; 09-09-2015, 04:47 PM.
                Build Back Better.

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
                  Grammar Police
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Richard Sherman says heat tougher than Bolts
                  By Tom Krasovic | 7 a.m. Sept. 10, 2015

Chargers Keenan Allen marks a first down against Richard Sherman in the second quarter. — K.C. Alfred
                  ��
                  ✉⎙
                  The Chargers have loaded up on engine coolant for Sunday, when their opponent from the Motor City runs the the risk of overheating in Mission Valley.

The weather will be hot, though not as hot as last year's home opener. The Chargers, thinking cool, will wear white pants, white jerseys and white helmets, as they do in these toasty games. Philip Rivers will have Danny Woodhead by his side on third downs. The Chargers' deep group of slimmed-down receivers will attack in waves. They want to wear down Detroit Lions pass defenders.

The scenario made Seahawks cornerback Richard Sherman shake his head two weeks ago.

Sherman is still bitter over his team's 30-21 loss in sun-baked San Diego last September.

Seattle's defense, unable to get off the field, melted like Mt. Ranier snowcap by halftime.

The loss still stands as the Seahawks' most lopsided setback since they won Super Bowl 48.

And Sherman is still less than impressed.

"The passing game isn't what wore us down," he told the Union-Tribune, following Seattle's recent exhibition at Qualcomm Stadium. "It was 120 degrees (on the field)."

Fluke plays?

Sherman said it was the most intense heat he'd felt in an NFL game. Several teammates on defense took IV fluids that afternoon. Only two Seahawks defenders, Sherman and linebacker Bobby Wagner, played all 82 snaps.

Asked his thoughts about the Chargers' 2015 home opener, Sherman wanted to know the kickoff time. Told of the 1:05 p.m. start and hot weather forecast for Mission Valley -- 81 to 85 degrees, but hotter on Jack Murphy Field -- he laughed.

"Good thing we don't have to play them," said the corner, a three-time, first-team All-Pro. "But you don't get those (hot weather) games in December. It doesn't help you in the end, if you think that's going to be your advantage."

Sherman said the Chargers "got a couple fluke plays" versus Seattle last year.

He praised the work that day of Antonio Gates -- "He's a Hall of Famer, he made great plays" -- but said bizarre moves by Seahawks coaches compounded the defense's problems.

"That was uncharacteristic of our defense and what our scheme was," he said. "Schematically, our coaches kind of made things up in that game. (In weeks to come), they understood and recognized their mistakes, and that's how we made it to another Super Bowl."

Brandon Browner, a former Seahawks cornerback who faced the Chargers last December with New England, said Seattle's pass defense played "bad ball" against the Chargers in Week 2.

Sherman agreed.

"The coaches make stuff up, (and) that's never going to be a good end," he said. "It's one of the great mysteries of sports. Why do the coaches make things up? Keep it simple."

Here's another spin on San Diego's ball-control dominance that day. The Chargers took a veteran Seahawks defense out of its game, with an assist from Planet Mercury-like conditions. They reprised the balanced, quick-pass attack that was a staple to coach Mike McCoy's first season, which ended in the second round of the Super Bowl tournament.

Psychological ploy?

If Sherman remains unimpressed by the Bolts' offensive prowess, he lauds them in the always vital area of color scheme.

"They're out there in white uniforms," he said, laughing. "It's very smart. I give it to them."

The Chargers have worn all-whites in their last three home openers. They routed the Titans and Seahawks in afternoon games. In the 2013 opener, a home loss to the Texans, they went up 28-7 only to fall apart later that night.

Players say they feel cooler in white.

"It can't hurt," said Rivers, who's excited to open a season at home on a Sunday afternoon. "I think it could be a little bit of a mental thing. Shoot, any little edge helps."

Cooler, please

The heat for last year's opener was cruel for football -- 94 degrees at kickoff, but as high as 120 on the field -- and Rivers said he hopes it's not that hot Sunday.

Regardless of temperature, there's a simple plan. Make plays.

"That's not going to be an added emphasis -- 'Oh, hey guys, it's going to be hot, let's really go fast and go no-huddle and try to just keep the ball,' " Rivers said. " We're not going to change our whole thing, but if the heat is a factor, it can work to our advantage if we're able to stay on the field."

When the weather in Houston is over 80 degrees, the Texans close the roof on their air-conditioned stadium.

The Lions play their home games in a dome.

So long as Rivers is on his game, global warming will be a Chargers ally
                  Go Rivers!

Comment

• Formula 21
                    The Future is Now
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Republic of San Diego
                    • Send PM

It hit 76 degrees in Detroit today. I'm hoping we run them off the field in the 1st half Sunday so they wilt in the 2nd. Speed it up, substitute and run.
                    Build Back Better.

Comment

• Bolt-O
                      Administrator
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Green Full practice today. Mager, Attaochu limited.

Questionable for Sunday: Green, Mager, Attaochu
                      Out: Troutman, Tourek Williams.
                      Last edited by Bolt-O; 09-11-2015, 12:19 PM.

Comment

• Bolt-O
                        Administrator
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Tom Krasovic ‏@UTkrasovic 3m3 minutes ago

Chargers TE Ladarius Green said he is still trying to be cleared for contact. Not there yet.

Comment

• Bolt-O
                          Administrator
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

It looks like the doctors made the call on the possible concussion. Green didn't think he had one, said that last year's bonk v. the Pats was a lot worse.

Comment

Working...
                          X