• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wu-dai clan
    Smooth Operation
    • May 2017
    • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

We have no other choice, of course. But nobody can be very optimistic with this team right now.
    No Joey.
    No Derwin.
    ​​​​​​No MW.
    ​​​​​​No EK.
    JH10 played like shit.
    We can still get our guys back
    And beat DEN/LVR to qualify.
    We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Boltdiehard
      The Precious
      • May 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

And the thing is, the Chargers are in a unique position where they have a boat load of cap space. And they need to find the person who will best use it. Thats why I want Telesco fired. He will never have more cap space in his life to piss away. What has he shown that he is a person who understands how to build a roster. He hasn't
      We addressed the oline this off-season and we had to and all of us were on board with it. That said how many double digit leads did this defense blow last year? What’s been our biggest issue this year? Defense. We are short starting talent and have zero depth as shown today they didn’t stop anything. I’m starting to agree about Telesco and Staley has been holding this defense together with scotch tape and I am nowhere near giving up on Staley.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Dec 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltdiehard View Post

We addressed the oline this off-season and we had to and all of us were on board with it. That said how many double digit leads did this defense blow last year? What’s been our biggest issue this year? Defense. We are short starting talent and have zero depth as shown today they didn’t stop anything. I’m starting to agree about Telesco and Staley has been holding this defense together with scotch tape and I am nowhere near giving up on Staley.
        Hindsight is 20/20 and I g4t Murray is a number 1 pick and the coaches know better
        But would would adding a Caraun Reid instead of playing Murray been better. Murray was just out of his league today. Can't stop the run. Can't rush the QB.

I think Staley understands the weaknesses and limitations and is trying to hold things together

Comment

• Boltdiehard
          The Precious
          • May 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Hindsight is 20/20 and I g4t Murray is a number 1 pick and the coaches know better
          But would would adding a Caraun Reid instead of playing Murray been better. Murray was just out of his league today. Can't stop the run. Can't rush the QB.

I think Staley understands the weaknesses and limitations and is trying to hold things together
          Murray was terrible today. You have a valid concern regarding Telesco spending all that cap money and overseeing the next draft. I really hope Staley has a lot of input on the defensive side of the ball. That was a joke today.

Comment

• Boltx
            Dominate the day
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Wrap it up
            lose out, get a better draft spot, maybe even help push TT out of town.

Trying to be hopeful about the future but gotta admit it's difficult, this franchise just seems to be the same year in and year out.
            ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

• powderblueboy
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jul 2017
              • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
              There is no first position. There are many positions. Interior dline and pass rusher. At least 2, maybe 3 new corners. Right tackle. RB. WR. TE.
              I agree.
              Just how terrible was the offense without Justin Jackson (yeah, i know - he coughed up a key fumble)?
              He'll be gone next year.

Hard to judge after a stinker like this.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jul 2017
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltx View Post
                Wrap it up
                lose out, get a better draft spot, maybe even help push TT out of town.

Trying to be hopeful about the future but gotta admit it's difficult, this franchise just seems to be the same year in and year out.
                This team has lost 3 out of the last 4; a far cry from McLynn who ended their first seasons strong.

Tough to be optimistic right now, and i'm generally an optimistic fan - why the hell not?

Too me, it does not seem like a team that merits being in the playoffs....no signature win.

Comment

• Boltx
                  Dominate the day
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

This team has lost 3 out of the last 4; a far cry from McLynn who ended their first seasons strong.

Tough to be optimistic right now, and i'm generally an optimistic fan - why the hell not?

Too me, it does not seem like a team that merits being in the playoffs....no signature win.
                  Agreed, not a playoff team. Nobody wants to see this defense get smoked in the first round, on the road, as the #7 seed.

Let the new incoming GM have the best draft slot possible. Lose out, live to fight another day/year.
                  ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

• BigBad
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Sep 2019
                    • Send PM

Running back could be a real concern. Ekeler cant continue to be a feature guy. He WILL break down with this much use.

Comment

• SDBORN
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • May 2017
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by BigBad View Post
                      Running back could be a real concern. Ekeler cant continue to be a feature guy. He WILL break down with this much use.
                      Have felt this way for several seasons. We really need a solid 1-2 lunch at Rb. Jackson is injured too much and Kelley doesn't cut it.

Comment

• Riverwalk
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Nov 2021
                        • Send PM

Why does everyone put so much emphasis on the draft?

Our OL was totally rebuilt primarily with proven free agents. Do that to the DL next year.

Rams trade away picks for proven players. Considering Telesco’s track record…..trade the picks away for proven players versus more K9’s.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                          Dont let the PBs fool ya
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Henderson, NV
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by SuperCharged View Post
                          What is the first position that needs to be addressed?
                          You only allowed one choice? Lol, we all know we need more than one possition.
                          Where is the all of the above button? Lol
                          Maybe not FS but depth can always be better. We haven't seen what Webb can do yet.

Comment

Working...
                          X