• Show
Clear All
  • TTK
    EX-Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • America's Finest City
    • Send PM

Originally posted by thunderclap View Post
    Rivers looked sharp. I think he expected Keenan to sit down in the pocket instead of running through on the first pick.
    KA heard footsteps on that play and quickly glanced ahead of him right when Rivers threw him the ball. When KA turned his head back towards Rivers, the ball was right there and he wasn't ready for it.

It wasn't a great pass but that one was on KA. I didn't like that play call on a 3rd and 1 though.

Comment

fender57
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Marshall/Boogie View Post
      From what little I could tell from the RZ Channel, the Ingram hit on Stafford was the momentum swing. The QB was never right after that. I hope the game will be shown again this week. Surely a comeback game with a 31 point swing is worthy of a replay?
      I thought the same thing, that hit changed the game and he had to put a compression sleeve on his arm afterwards so he was affected.

Comment

• Lightningwill_420

Originally posted by oneinchpunch View Post
        Pagano. He's really improved year after year.

The defense gave the offense a chance to pull this win out.

Calvin Johnson?
        Pagano has really improved or his players have? If we stay healthy (and I doubt that will happen), our secondary is a zillion times better than it was when Pagano took over. If Ingram stays healthy (and I doubt it), our pass rush will be a zillion times better than when Pagano took over.

I've always felt, much like with what's his face who went to Carolina, that Pagano has done well with the shit he's been given. If we were expecting miracles before, we should have hired a Jewish prophet - not a football coach.

The side of the ball that needs improving, as far as coaching, is on the offensive side. Yea, we scored a lot of points today. But I need to see some consistency before I decide my man, Reich, should keep his job. We started out well last year, too. Then we had injuries, and Reich made zero positive adjustments that I noticed.

Comment

• KNSD
          Registered Charger Hater
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Engine Engine Number 420 View Post
          Pagano has really improved or his players have?
          I think a bit of both.
          Prediction:
          Correct: Chargers CI fails miserably.
          Fail: Team stays in San Diego until their lease runs out in 2020. (without getting new deal done by then) .
          Sig Bet WIN: The Chargers will file for relocation on January 15.

Comment

• oneinchpunch
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Engine Engine Number 420 View Post
            Pagano has really improved or his players have? If we stay healthy (and I doubt that will happen), our secondary is a zillion times better than it was when Pagano took over. If Ingram stays healthy (and I doubt it), our pass rush will be a zillion times better than when Pagano took over.

I've always felt, much like with what's his face who went to Carolina, that Pagano has done well with the shit he's been given. If we were expecting miracles before, we should have hired a Jewish prophet - not a football coach.

The side of the ball that needs improving, as far as coaching, is on the offensive side. Yea, we scored a lot of points today. But I need to see some consistency before I decide my man, Reich, should keep his job. We started out well last year, too. Then we had injuries, and Reich made zero positive adjustments that I noticed.
            Call it what you will. I see Pagano improving year after year.
            Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• Lightningwill_420

Originally posted by Marshall/Boogie View Post
              From what little I could tell from the RZ Channel, the Ingram hit on Stafford was the momentum swing. The QB was never right after that. I hope the game will be shown again this week. Surely a comeback game with a 31 point swing is worthy of a replay?
              Yep. When Ingram plays, we win. He's the Ryan Mathews of the defense.

Comment

• Formula 21
                The Future is Now
                • Jun 2013
                • Republic of San Diego
                • Send PM

NFL defensive rookie of the week - Emanuel. 1 sack, 1 int, 2 TFL.

Not bad for a 1st start.
                Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                The Wasted Decade is done.
                Build Back Better.

Comment

• Lightningwill_420

dubya.jpg

Dubya, bitches!

Comment

• Bearded14YourPleasure
                    Fluent in Sarcasm
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Iowa
                    • Man of the People
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula Two One View Post
                    NFL defensive rookie of the week - Emanuel. 1 sack, 1 int, 2 TFL.

Not bad for a 1st start.
                    Would really prefer it didn't come with an injury. Emmanuel is definitely looking like a gem for TT though.

Comment

• Asela
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jan 2014
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by TTK View Post
                      KA heard footsteps on that play and quickly glanced ahead of him right when Rivers threw him the ball. When KA turned his head back towards Rivers, the ball was right there and he wasn't ready for it.

It wasn't a great pass but that one was on KA. I didn't like that play call on a 3rd and 1 though.
                      Rivers said he pump faked as well, but I don't recall that on that play. Regardless if KA catches the ball or not, it wasn't going to get the 1st down. I thought it was a terrible play to call.

The first time Reich called the draw with Woodhead, it was brilliant and caught them by surprise but each subsequent time it was less and less effective. I know he wanted to exhaust the aggressive Detroit DL, but he's going to get Woodhead killed continually getting sandwiched by DL. Use Oliver on many more of those draws IMHO. Woody is a unique an irreplaceable part of our offense. Keep him healthy. I hated that we couldn't or Reich didn't believe we could put Oliver in for 3rd and 1 and convert. If you can't convert 3rd/4th and short running the ball at a very high percentage, you can't go deep into the playoffs.

To me, the heat was one of the game's MVP, and a big part of the night and day performance between 1st-2nd halves. Detroit's DL was gassed (which was a design), and as soon as the pass rush eased up, Rivers was unstoppable. But we're not always going to have that advantage. I know what Reich was trying to do, I just would like him to be more aggressive at the outset of the game instead of waiting until we have to pass. It seems like a script Reich has repeated before.

The offense seemed much more dynamic after we got Ladarius involved as well in the 3rd-4th qtrs
                      Last edited by Asela; 09-14-2015, 06:07 AM.

Comment

• Coachmarkos
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • SoDak
                        • Technology Director
                        • Send PM

There's a rhyme and reason for those draw plays, though.

Keeps the LB'ers honest. see the the 2 PA passes to Green right down the middle, one for a TD.

Those draw plays are necessarily designed to gain big yards. If they do, fine. If they don't, hopefully they are doing what they are supposed to.

I thought Reich called a good game yesterday (other than the 3rd and 1 int). He mixed the run and the pass. Used crossing routes, outs, and the two WR screens for Stevie Johnson were great calls.
                        "...of course that's just my opinion, I could be wrong."

Comment

fender57
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Asela View Post
                          Rivers said he pump faked as well, but I don't recall that on that play. Regardless if KA catches the ball or not, it wasn't going to get the 1st down. I thought it was a terrible play to call.

The first time Reich called the draw with Woodhead, it was brilliant and caught them by surprise but each subsequent time it was less and less effective. I know he wanted to exhaust the aggressive Detroit DL, but he's going to get Woodhead killed continually getting sandwiched by DL. Use Oliver on many more of those draws IMHO. Woody is a unique an irreplaceable part of our offense. Keep him healthy. I hated that we couldn't or Reich didn't believe we could put Oliver in for 3rd and 1 and convert. If you can't convert 3rd/4th and short running the ball at a very high percentage, you can't go deep into the playoffs.

To me, the heat was one of the game's MVP, and a big part of the night and day performance between 1st-2nd halves. Detroit's DL was gassed (which was a design), and as soon as the pass rush eased up, Rivers was unstoppable. But we're not always going to have that advantage. I know what Reich was trying to do, I just would like him to be more aggressive at the outset of the game instead of waiting until we have to pass. It seems like a script Reich has repeated before.

The offense seemed much more dynamic after we got Ladarius involved as well in the 3rd-4th qtrs
                          On the INT on the pass to KA they had Gordon in there on 3rd and 2 and I wanted to see if Gordon could convert it. Sooner or later they're going to have to find out.

Comment

Working...
                          X