• Show
Clear All
  • Stinky Wizzleteats+
    Grammar Police
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Gordon breakout watch thread.

Melvin Gordon - RB - SD - Sep. 13 - 7:37 pm et
    Melvin Gordon rushed 14 times for 51 yards (3.6 YPC) and caught three passes for 16 yards Week 1 against the Lions.

Week one.

Gorgon can catch!
    Go Rivers!
  • Buck
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

I think we really have something in him. I just wish McCoy didn't sit him for most of the game after he fumbled.

I feel the only thing he is lacking right now is confidence. Sitting him doesn't help that.

Comment

• Fleet
      TPB Founder
      • Jun 2013
      • Cardiff - Poipu
      • Send PM

His TD that was called back was impressive. I really like his athleticism. He will just continue to get better. Barksdale really allowed his man to kill Gordon on that fumble but he needs to hold onto that.

I liked what i saw.

Comment

• bonehead
        Undrafted
        • Jul 2013
        • TBD
        • Retired
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
        His TD that was called back was impressive. I really like his athleticism. He will just continue to get better. Barksdale really allowed his man to kill Gordon on that fumble but he needs to hold onto that.

I liked what i saw.
        Thank you for calling that, no excuse for fumbling but Barksdale allowed a clean hard hit on Gordon
        Forget it Donny you're out of your element

Shut the fuck up Donny

Comment

• Steve
          Administrator
          • Jun 2013
          • South Carolina
          • Meteorologist
          • Send PM

He is going to be really good, but he needs to get up to speed vs NFL players. He will get there soon. Think about how little he played in preseason.

We did fall behind by 18 point pretty quick, so we didn't get to stick to the run game as much as we would have liked to. I would like to see the OL get more reps together, because I don't think it is the RB holding our run game back. The OL was a lot better on their run blocking, but they can be a lot better. It will happen, but we need to let them pound the ball more.

Comment

• Buck
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Rewatching game, I take back my last statement about McCoy sitting him. He was in plenty on that final TD drive of ours, just not near the end zone.

Comment

• OhioBolt
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

He had two nice runs even though they were just 5 and 7 yards called back because of penalty. He is light years ahead of Mathews when we drafted him.

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
                Grammar Police
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Watt was LTs srats from game one, was Matthews injured his first game ICRC (I can't recall)
                Go Rivers!

Comment

• Geezbolt
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Sun Valley, ID
                  • Send PM

I have to say every time Gordon touches the ball there is a level of anticipation and excitement that we have not seen in a while in SD. It's obvious to me too that teams have to respect the run when he is in and play-action fakes become all the more effective. His touchdown run where he was ruled down was for lack of a better term, "Beast Mode-esque". This kid's going to be a good one.

Comment

• KNSD
                    Registered Charger Hater
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

He showed us something that was missing in the preseason. When he does get a huge hole, he's going to take it to the house.
                    Last edited by KNSD; 09-14-2015, 08:32 AM.
                    Prediction:
                    Correct: Chargers CI fails miserably.
                    Fail: Team stays in San Diego until their lease runs out in 2020. (without getting new deal done by then) .
                    Sig Bet WIN: The Chargers will file for relocation on January 15.

Comment

• SDFan
                      Woober Goober
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Dolores, CO
                      • Retired
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post

I liked what i saw.
                      wait, somebody else said Green missed the blocck that caused Gorgon's fumble?
                      Life is too short to drink cheap beer :beer:

Comment

Originally posted by Stinky Wizzleteats+ View Post
                        Watt was LTs srats from game one, was Matthews injured his first game ICRC (I can't recall)
                        LT: 36 attempts for 113 yards (3.13 YPC). 2 TDs. Longest run: 9 yards. 1 reception for 12 yards. 125 total yards.

Mathews: 20 attempts for 78 yards (3.9 YPC). 0 TDs. Longest run: 15 yards. 1 reception for 2 yards. 80 total yards.

Gordon: 14 attempts for 51 yards (3.64 YPC). 0 TDs. Longest run: 14 yards. 3 receptions for 16 yards. 67 total yards.

Comment

Working...
                        X