Clear All
  • Coachmarkos
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • SoDak
    • Technology Director
    • Send PM

Originally posted by MakoShark View Post
    Wow. In the first half, Barksdale at RT was making me miss Fluker at RT. In his first ever start at guard, at any level, I think you're being a bit over critical. You defended Lambo from simple criticism in another thread, but are quick to judge Fluker?
    I was along a similar line of thinking. Barksdale got beat a couple times early, and then settled in.

Hope Fluker is ok.

Here's the thing we all need to keep in mind about Right Tackles... they are going to get beat occasionally, and most likely they are going to get beat more than the Left Tackle (there's a reason they play the right side)

I will always like Fluker, as his rookie season he actually had to play a game and a half as left tackle, when Dunlap went down, and they shifted everyone around...and he held his own.
    "...of course that's just my opinion, I could be wrong."

Comment

• KNSD
      Registered Charger Hater
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Chargers got better as Detroit got more and more gassed. Give the Chargers credit for driving the ball well enough early to tire the Lions out. Paid off at the end.
      Prediction:
      Correct: Chargers CI fails miserably.
      Fail: Team stays in San Diego until their lease runs out in 2020. (without getting new deal done by then) .
      Sig Bet WIN: The Chargers will file for relocation on January 15.

Comment

• SDFan
        Woober Goober
        • Jun 2013
        • Dolores, CO
        • Retired
        • Send PM

Originally posted by coachmarkos View Post
        I was along a similar line of thinking. Barksdale got beat a couple times early, and then settled in.

Hope Fluker is ok.

Here's the thing we all need to keep in mind about Right Tackles... they are going to get beat occasionally, and most likely they are going to get beat more than the Left Tackle (there's a reason they play the right side)

I will always like Fluker, as his rookie season he actually had to play a game and a half as left tackle, when Dunlap went down, and they shifted everyone around...and he held his own.
        speaking of RTs- last night on local TV they had Game Night SD hosted by Jim Laslavic and featuring Former Chargers coaches and players as analysts and commentators. Had Vaughn Parker on there for a segment- and that dude is WIDE! Like couldn't fit him in a single car garage wide. Must be well over 400lbs.
        Life is too short to drink cheap beer :beer:

Comment

• richpjr
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Nashville
          • Send PM

Originally posted by KNSD View Post
          Chargers got better as Detroit got more and more gassed. Give the Chargers credit for driving the ball well enough early to tire the Lions out. Paid off at the end.
          We tired their defense out even though they suited up 9 dlinemen.

Comment

• Geezbolt
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Sun Valley, ID
            • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
            We tired their defense out even though they suited up 9 dlinemen.
            Hardwick said in the preseason this would be the case. He said they would be better in the second half of games.

Comment

• Heatmiser
              HarbaughHarrisonHeatMiser
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Fluker reportedly has high ankle sprain. OUt 4-6 weeks

TG
              Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post
                Fluker reportedly has high ankle sprain. OUt 4-6 weeks

TG
                Jeez. No luck at all.

On the positive side, maybe some people will come to see his value in coming weeks when he's not in there and we're trying to find a way to replace him.

Comment

• blueman
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Glad we got Burwell back on the PC when we did, at least he knows the plays.

Comment

• bonehead
                    Undrafted
                    • Jul 2013
                    • TBD
                    • Retired
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by MakoShark View Post
                    Wow. In the first half, Barksdale at RT was making me miss Fluker at RT. In his first ever start at guard, at any level, I think you're being a bit over critical. You defended Lambo from simple criticism in another thread, but are quick to judge Fluker?
                    The way it works around here is if the Bolts draft someone you didn't want or don't like...you ride that player to the bitter end. Of course if another team drafts a player you wanted you criticize and trash the current player who occupies that position and for years lament not taking the guy YOU wanted.
                    Forget it Donny you're out of your element

Shut the fuck up Donny

Comment

• BoltFan84
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Sep 2013
                      • Send PM

I think Fluker was having a nice game before getting injured. He had very good push; he's a pile driver. He was very active, runs around the field amazingly for 300+lbs lineman. It's unnerving to opposing defense, having such a big guy covering so much ground, looking to hit people. He was matched one on one with Ngata, a number of times, and won many of those battles. He's quite a loss, get well soon big guy.

Comment

Working...
                      X