Film Study: The Good, The Bad and The Great (week17 vs DEN)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • NoMoreChillies
    Outback Goon
    • Sep 2018
    • Australia
    • Send PM

Film Study: The Good, The Bad and The Great (week17 vs DEN)

G'day G'day fellow diehards welcome back for some more feel goodness.
    I am still riding the high of this weeks win and it doesnt look like stopping anytime soon.
    I almost had no bad plays to choose from but i did find 1 that bugs me.
    Are the Chargers getting hot at the right time? I think so, certain players are putting it all together and it stands out on film. Lets dive in

The Good:
    1st quarter 7:11 on clock ball on 44yrd line.
    Denver going for it on 4th down (must be feeling the pinch). Powder Blues whipping boy Jerry Tillery makes an outstanding play sacking DEN qb for the stop. I do like seeing the enemy QB get folded in half. 2 weeks in a row Tillery splits the gap and with good hands blows by the LG for a sack. TPB gonna have to pick on someone new now

The Bad:
    3rd quarter 7:09 on the clock ball on 25yrd line.
    This seems to be a re-occuring theme with our Def. Sometimes they just dont want to tackle. I cannot blame a dude for giving it his all and coming up short but this lack of effort is awful. This should have a 7-8 yrd play, but instead Samuel, White, Davis, Harris took the play off and Adderly had to clean up their mess. Come on Staley fix this. We have seen it before this season and it will not help going forward if its not addressed.

The Great:
    4th quarter 14:53 on the clock ball at kickoff
    Andre Roberts returns kickoff for TD. This is what we have been missing for 10 years diehards. 2012 was the last kickoff returned for TD. This came at just the right time in the game too. DEN had just kicked FG to bring them within 2 scores, and I had a feeling in my stomach that lead might evaporate, but Roberts swung momentum and put the game effectively out of reach. I think i lost my voice cheering

Honorable Mentions:

Hon1
    Check out the run blocking on display: Guyton, Anderson, Pipkins, Fieler all did awesome and ofc Ekeler being slippery as...

Hon2
    Adderly putting it together to disrupt this play. Bosa recovering well to make the tackle.

Bonus:

OH BABY
    If you are gonna break TD record then i cant think of a better way to do it

As always
    luv ya
    -Chillies

• Velo
    Ride!
    • Aug 2019
    • Everywhere
    • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
    • Send PM

Good stuff Chillies. Thank you.

Comment

• Berserker76
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Nov 2019
      • Send PM

Great stuff Chillies, thanks. I watched that Roberts TD about a dozen times.

Comment

• jamrock
        lawyers, guns and money
        • Sep 2017
        • Send PM

Tillery and Pipkins. The favorite whipping boys of TPB both showing up when it counts. Maybe there’s hope for Murray

Comment

• Craig440
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Apr 2019
          • Send PM

Once again awesome sauce NMChilli

Comment

• dmac_bolt
            Day Tripper
            • May 2019
            • North of the Lagoon
            • Send PM

Originally posted by NoMoreChillies View Post
            G'day G'day fellow diehards welcome back for some more feel goodness.
            I am still riding the high of this weeks win and it doesnt look like stopping anytime soon.
            I almost had no bad plays to choose from but i did find 1 that bugs me.
            Are the Chargers getting hot at the right time? I think so, certain players are putting it all together and it stands out on film. Lets dive in

The Good:
            1st quarter 7:11 on clock ball on 44yrd line.
            Denver going for it on 4th down (must be feeling the pinch). Powder Blues whipping boy Jerry Tillery makes an outstanding play sacking DEN qb for the stop. I do like seeing the enemy QB get folded in half. 2 weeks in a row Tillery splits the gap and with good hands blows by the LG for a sack. TPB gonna have to pick on someone new now

The Bad:
            3rd quarter 7:09 on the clock ball on 25yrd line.
            This seems to be a re-occuring theme with our Def. Sometimes they just dont want to tackle. I cannot blame a dude for giving it his all and coming up short but this lack of effort is awful. This should have a 7-8 yrd play, but instead Samuel, White, Davis, Harris took the play off and Adderly had to clean up their mess. Come on Staley fix this. We have seen it before this season and it will not help going forward if its not addressed.

The Great:
            4th quarter 14:53 on the clock ball at kickoff
            Andre Roberts returns kickoff for TD. This is what we have been missing for 10 years diehards. 2012 was the last kickoff returned for TD. This came at just the right time in the game too. DEN had just kicked FG to bring them within 2 scores, and I had a feeling in my stomach that lead might evaporate, but Roberts swung momentum and put the game effectively out of reach. I think i lost my voice cheering

Honorable Mentions:

Hon1
            Check out the run blocking on display: Guyton, Anderson, Pipkins, Fieler all did awesome and ofc Ekeler being slippery as...

Hon2
            Adderly putting it together to disrupt this play. Bosa recovering well to make the tackle.

Bonus:

OH BABY
            If you are gonna break TD record then i cant think of a better way to do it

As always
            luv ya
            -Chillies
            I still would swear that pass-back to Lock hit the ground
            “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• jubei
              Vagabond Ninja
              • Feb 2019
              • Send PM

I LOVED the hit Joey put on that lock punk on the philly special. And I'm really liking how Adderley is putting it all together. He is fearless for a guy his size. LOVED his recognition of the play and pretty much blowing it up.
              As for the bad...what the HELL was Michael Davis doing on that play?! He looked like cromartie on that play not wanting to tackle, or even touch the guy! Shit like that pisses me off!

Comment

• FoutsFan
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Feb 2019
                • Birmingham AL
                • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

I still would swear that pass-back to Lock hit the ground
                Agree. I think the only reason they did challenge the play is because it failed but it did hit the ground.

The last couple of months I have been really focusing on Tillery when watching the game. He has really improved. Not saying he is great but the mistakes are a lot less and he is making plays in the run game and pass game.
                Last edited by FoutsFan; 01-06-2022, 01:11 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X