• Show
Clear All
  • Heatmiser
    BetterToday ThanYesterday
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Things I like and Things I don't like

1. Peyton Manning getting slammed around like a rag doll by the Ravens
    2. Slack jawed, dim-eyed Eli Manning once again blowing it. I really question his intelligence.
    3. Ladarius Green shows what the post Gates (which I think will be next season, unfortunately, friends) team looks like as a receiving TE. (side note: Why would Orlando Franklin head butt a guy who just had a concussion to celebrate his td?)
    4. Melvin Gordon shows us a taste of what he can do. Imagine if he actually had some holes to run through (like the Adullah kid did)
    5. The CB who is too small to play CB was all over the place. Sure tackles. Great pass break ups.
    6. Kyle Emmanuel.
    7. Touchbacks
    8. Raiders doing what they do so well. Losing.
    9. Keenan Allen. Kevin Acee said he played well. Then he said how bad Allen played last year. But he is good, really. But unnamed vets on the team roll their eyes and don't like him. But he is really good, really.
    10. Stevie Johnson. Stevie is my new favorite player on this offense (aside from Rivers). Happy for the guy, getting to play with a real QB for once. Keep your eyes on him, friends.

Don't Like

1. Chargers have practiced only one running play, apparently -- sprint draw. Can't they run a sweep? Quick pitch? Counter? Anything? Bueller?......Bueller?
    2. OL injuries in the first game of the season again cause a total reshuffle. Maybe Phillips and Burwell do a roster flip again.
    3. Ladarius Green is a worse blocker than Gates. And Gates ain't no blocker. Green looks like he doesn't know who to block half the time. Gordon must hate the guy.
    4. First down runs yield at least 6 yards against the Chargers. Again.
    5. Brandon Oliver returning kicks.
    6. Chiefs looking like superbowl champs (against Texans)
    7. Someone had to win the Cowboys-Giants game. I hate 'em both.
    8. Lambo kicking so close to the right upright on every kick.
    9. Overreactions by fans of each team who lost the opener. Actually read Seahawks are in big trouble. Really? Browns fans lament that the 6-10 season they were dreaming of may not come true.
    10. Chip Kelly. I just don't like anything about the guy. Chubby, pasty, arrogant. Sort of like porky pig and Bill belicheck had a son.

TG
    Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.
  • Maverick
    (Coryellian)
    • Jun 2013
    • Point Loma
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post
    10. Chip Kelly. I just don't like anything about the guy. Chubby, pasty, arrogant. Sort of like porky pig and Bill belicheck had a son.
    All good stuff, TG....but this one wins the prize! LMAO!

Comment

• captaind
      Cook This Pork Chops
      • Jun 2013
      • Mars
      • Ball Holder
      • Send PM

Things I don't like: yesterday's announcers. I realize KA was catching everything, but he's not #11. Few other comments made me wonder what game they were watching.

Comment

• bonehead
        Undrafted
        • Jul 2013
        • TBD
        • Retired
        • Send PM

Originally posted by captaind View Post
        Things I don't like: yesterday's announcers. I realize KA was catching everything, but he's not #11. Few other comments made me wonder what game they were watching.
        LOL.. I heard that a lot too...I guess they thought Keenan caught 19 passes
        Forget it Donny you're out of your element

Shut the fuck up Donny

Comment

• Heatmiser
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Right before the second Rivers pick, Charles Davis (who I actually like as a broadcaster) said Rivers would be looking for Victor Floyd in the endzone. So he was dead on about the play. Just didn't check his sheets on the names.

TG

Comment

• ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

1. Chargers have practiced only one running play, apparently -- sprint draw. Can't they run a sweep? Quick pitch? Counter? Anything? Bueller?......Bueller?
            I can't believe we are still doing this. It was maddening last year and you thought that a full offseason might've given us a chance to develop a second play. I guess not. If this is for serious, we aren't doing anything this year.

Comment

• Heatmiser
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

I mean, I get it....the Chargers were trying to counter the aggressive style of the Lions defense and free up the crossing routes. So I am not saying to scrap it. It's just that pretty much every running play was a draw. I would like to see what Gordon could do on a quick toss or a sweep.

TG

Comment

• BoltBalls
                Always keep eye contact!
                • Jun 2013
                • SD!
                • Send PM

Nice lists and definitely agree about the draw runs being beyond overused. I miss the Power I formation running days with Marty, even if a team knows it's coming it is great to shove it down their throats and dominate.

Comment

• Heatmiser
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by BoltBalls View Post
                  Nice lists and definitely agree about the draw runs being beyond overused. I miss the Power I formation running days with Marty, even if a team knows it's coming it is great to shove it down their throats and dominate.
                  They went to the I formation one time that I saw. Johnson in front of Gordon. Ball near midfield. I was psyched. Then Rivers got up to the line and let the quarter expire. Next play, no more I formation.

TG

Comment

• QSmokey
                    Guardedly Optimistic
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Kuna, Idaho
                    • Retired
                    • Send PM

Right before the second Rivers pick, Charles Davis (who I actually like as a broadcaster) said Rivers would be looking for Victor Floyd in the endzone. So he was dead on about the play. Just didn't check his sheets on the names.

TG
                    Victor Floyd must be on the same team as Danny Whitehead. Another name goof.

Comment

• ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

I mean, I get it....the Chargers were trying to counter the aggressive style of the Lions defense and free up the crossing routes. So I am not saying to scrap it. It's just that pretty much every running play was a draw. I would like to see what Gordon could do on a quick toss or a sweep.

TG
                      That's not what I am saying either. I am tying back to what we did last year which was basically only this play. I don't get it.

Comment

• Formula 21
                        The Future is Now
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Republic of San Diego
                        • Send PM

Still not a fan of the O line play.
                        Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                        The Wasted Decade is done.
                        Build Back Better.

Comment

Working...
                        X