• Show
Clear All
  • CanadianBoltFan
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jul 2022
    • White Rock, BC Canada
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltgang74 View Post
    What if they don't do anything and keep this shit coaching staff in place?Yall still gonna tune in?Serious question,just curious.
    One encouraging thing from the early whispers anyways...is that he will meet with ownership...will likley keep his job but will have to make significant staff changes

Comment

• ghost
      The Rise of Kellen Moore
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by captaind View Post

Nope, I'm outta here.
      I sat through three bad coaching hires in-a-row under Dean Spanos - McCoy, Lynn, & Staley - I am awaiting Dean's decision to stand pat this week. Then I'm gone as a fan.

Comment

• SDBORN
        Registered Charger Fan
        • May 2017
        • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post

I sat through three bad coaching hires in-a-row under Dean Spanos - McCoy, Lynn, & Staley - I am awaiting Dean's decision to stand pat this week. Then I'm gone as a fan.
        You're just getting your feet wet my friend

Comment

• Riverwalk
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Nov 2021
          • Send PM

What if they don't do anything and keep this shit coaching staff in place?Yall still gonna tune in?Serious question,just curious.
          Sure….with sharpened knives.

Comment

• Cdn Bolt
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jan 2019
            • Ontario , Canada
            • Send PM

Originally posted by charger1_sj View Post

LOL, they took Chargering to a different level. There was however bits and pieces of the old Chargering methods. 3rd and 1 foot to go, 95% chance of converting, except when you run an audible to a slow, small 3rd string slot receiver who is more or less clueless. Note to Staley: Bandi is not Deebo. Then there is the missed 40 yard field goal, very typical Chargering. Add bone head penalties at critical times and that completes the old Chargering methods. But wait there is more and this is where they take it to another level. 5 turnovers in our favor versus 0 for the other team. We won the turnover battle big time and we didn't turn the ball over. Yet we lost the game. This goes very much against the traditional football saying. This surpasses the Falcons 28-3 meltdown in the SB, because we were not facing Brady/Belichick. This was a 9-8 team that at one point had lost 5 in a row. Chargering to a higher level and a game that will go down in Charger lore as one of many to forget.
            Yup . They also dont realise the scrubs they use as quick cheap bandaid roster repairs vs getting real depth can't hold up under real playoff pressure So Dicker the kicker who has played above his UDFA level chokes on his 40 yd attempt. Either cheapness or hubris in thinking they can turn all these UDFA scrubs into probowlers.

Alohi Gilman has played well but he is a 6th rounder . He blew a coverage and was nowhere near Zay Jones who walked in for a 39 yd td.

The OL gave up 3 sacks and 10 QB hits. CIN was down 3 starters and kept the pocket relatively clean in comparison.

Adam Schefter on ESPN is saying there is no way you lose a game like this up double digits w a 5 TO advantage and have no fall out from it. Rex Ryan (1st video ) blasts few running plays to run out the clock & compares him to Jeff Saturday lol.

Chargers vs. Jaguars - NFL Game Recap - January 14, 2023 | ESPN

My gut tells me they do nothing and blame it on injuries.
            Last edited by Cdn Bolt; 01-16-2023, 02:17 PM.

Comment

• GetBolted
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Mar 2021
              • Butler, PA
              • Send PM

I kept waiting for Lombo to pull out some plays to show us he was sandbagging all year. Nope. I was also wondering where Horvath has been. He scored two TD's our first 2 games then he disappeared. I had higher hopes they would let him get some carries and have him be our short yardage guy, or sneak out of the backfiled a'la Lo'Neal and catch some passes. Also dissapointed they didn't get Spiller going. This staff either drafts the wrong players or is incapable of developing them. Matt Canda is Lombo 2.0 and would be more of the same so i hope that doesn't happen.

Comment

• ghost
                The Rise of Kellen Moore
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

FmhFlf8WYAME0fj.jpg

The jet sweep handoff netted 4 carries for -21. Daniel Popper is telling it straight.

Comment

• Boltinloudguy
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Nov 2021
                  • Send PM

l’ll try real hard not to. I’ll try to watch the team that has the coach the Chargers should have hired 2 years ago in Brian Daboll and his Giants. I’m excited to see what they can accomplish with him at the helm. It just kills me inside to see what he has done with Daniel Jones and think of the possibilities what he could have done with Herbert.

Comment

• SuperCharged
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Sep 2019
                    • Utah
                    • Midnight Toker
                    • Send PM

Still sick from that loss.

Staley needs to go. He's a coordinator not a HC imo.

Bosa needs to go. The amount paid and the production in return is so far out of balance.

Not a fan of MW contract. He did not deserve that kind of money. He has been a career average WR. Not a #7 pick type of production. He is always injured as well. Sorry but that $$$ is wasted.

Our WR group lacks speed and explosiveness. We need an infusion of speed @ WR.

We need 2 space eaters on the DL. I don't care as much for push up the middle as I do for holding the LOS and occupying blockers so our LB's are free to run.

??? What to do with K9. He has flashed this year however he still seems lost in coverage still. He never finds the passing lanes and is always 2-3 yards out of position.

I think our O line's future looks bright.

Lastly, I really feel that JH's release point has dropped since the rib injury. He needs to work on getting his release point higher. 6'6 he should have very few balls tipped. I don't recall many tipped balls prior to the injury. When defenses are aware of this they are looking for the release to get that pass knockdown. The only thing that can be changed is his release point, cause the defenses sure aren't going to change.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                      Day Tripper
                      • May 2019
                      • North of the Lagoon
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

First thing I am doing this offseason is seeing what value Joey Bosa has in the trade market. Cap hit of $31m with $24m guaranteed

If you can trade him - you save $17m of cap space

I don't even care if its a 6th round pick
                      I’m cool with that. Two blunders cost big in the last game, his market value may exceed my personal assessment. He’s supposed to be a seasoned vet, thats just shit leadership imo. Yes he was being held all day, yes that is bullshit. Still can’t cost the team what turned out to be the game winning point by throwing a tantrum on the field.

and the off sides was a total killer. Not that a staff of coaches and 21 other players didn’t have chances to win, but just those two plays and we are probably playing next week.
                      “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• SK21209
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • May 2020
                        • San Diego
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

I’m cool with that. Two blunders cost big in the last game, his market value may exceed my personal assessment. He’s supposed to be a seasoned vet, thats just shit leadership imo. Yes he was being held all day, yes that is bullshit. Still can’t cost the team what turned out to be the game winning point by throwing a tantrum on the field.

and the off sides was a total killer. Not that a staff of coaches and 21 other players didn’t have chances to win, but just those two plays and we are probably playing next week.
                        Brilliant idea, our already shitty defense needs to lose its best pass rusher to really come into its own. 32 year old Khalil Mack is all we need, he and Chris Rumph can totally hold down the fort.

Jesus christ this is dumb.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                          Day Tripper
                          • May 2019
                          • North of the Lagoon
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by SK21209 View Post

Brilliant idea, our already shitty defense needs to lose its best pass rusher to really come into its own. 32 year old Khalil Mack is all we need, he and Chris Rumph can totally hold down the fort.

Jesus christ this is dumb.
                          2.5 sacks, 10 combined tackles. 2023 all star stuff. He’s had 12 sacks once in his 7 year career. 20 NFL players had 10+ sacks in 2022. Get a new edge player is the idea here. I’m open to the idea but Rumph isnt the other half of that strategy.
                          “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

Working...
                          X