Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lightningwill_420

Originally posted by BoltBalls View Post
    Fair enough, that explanation makes sense. However didn't Hairston not have much experience at guard? Obviously we miss Fluker, hopefully he comes back soon.
    Maybe we could have picked somebody else to play guard (can Robinson play guard?) - but let's not mess with the starting center.

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
      Grammar Police
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Maybe we could have had a different player field punts I mean that alone cost us the game...
      Go Rivers!

Comment

• Lightningwill_420

Originally posted by Stinky Wizzleteats+ View Post
        Maybe we could have had a different player field punts I mean that alone cost us the game...
        I nominate King Dunlap.

Comment

• KNSD
          Registered Charger Hater
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Rivers has probably the shortest drop in the league, and every DL knows where he's going to set up because he's on the same spot every play.

How is an OL supposed to keep him protected for the amount of time needed for a long pass play?
          Prediction:
          Correct: Chargers CI fails miserably.
          Fail: Team stays in San Diego until their lease runs out in 2020. (without getting new deal done by then) .
          Sig Bet WIN: The Chargers will file for relocation on January 15.

Comment

• Lightningwill_420

Originally posted by KNSD View Post
            Rivers has probably the shortest drop in the league, and every DL knows where he's going to set up because he's on the same spot every play.

How is an OL supposed to keep him protected for the amount of time needed for a long pass play?
            I say screw the long pass play. Our players can get that YAC. John Madden will be proud.

Comment

• Boltx
              Dominate the day
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Charged up View Post
              I'll just post the bad.

The loss of Fluker hurts. The D looks the same as last year. Bad against the run and well below average on QB pressure.

This off season free agenst(s) and draft Telesco should just go with nothing but Oline and Dline.
              I'm sure we'll trade up to draft a WR or TE. Then complain at the end of the year that we need more in the trenches. Repeat ad nauseum.
              ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

• Boltx
                Dominate the day
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

His immobility is his biggest weakness, obviously. Whenever the time comes for the next Chargers QB to take over (hopefully not for awhile!), I really do hope they get a guy with some mobility like an Aaron Rodgers or Andrew Luck that can move around enough to keep the play going.
                ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

• KNSD
                  Registered Charger Hater
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Also, Robinson got ripped a new one last year when the Chargers played the Bengals. Why repeat history last weekend?
                  Prediction:
                  Fail: Team stays in San Diego until their lease runs out in 2020. (without getting new deal done by then) .

Comment

• KNSD
                    Registered Charger Hater
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltx View Post
                    His immobility is his biggest weakness, obviously. Whenever the time comes for the next Chargers QB to take over (hopefully not for awhile!), I really do hope they get a guy with some mobility like an Aaron Rodgers or Andrew Luck that can move around enough to keep the play going.
                    The team could perhaps implement a real play action passing game - in addition to the "R-Gun" the team currently runs. (Using "R" instead of "K" in honor of Frank Reich and to not get bogged down in nitpicky details by Steve. )

Diversity is a good thing.
                    Prediction:

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
                      Grammar Police
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

I want to see more snaps from center and true play action passing with Gorgon in the backfield. Rivers will have to throw it when he takes snaps from center a few times to keep defenses honest.
                      Go Rivers!

Comment

• Steve
                        Administrator
                        • Jun 2013
                        • South Carolina
                        • Meteorologist
                        • Send PM

The team could perhaps implement a real play action passing game - in addition to the "R-Gun" the team currently runs. (Using "R" instead of "K" in honor of Frank Reich and to not get bogged down in nitpicky details by Steve. )

Diversity is a good thing.
                        We got them pretty good on 1 play action. We just have to keep running the ball if we really want to use the play action game. But there isn't much point in going play action too much, because then it isn't nearly as effective.

Comment

• KNSD
                          Registered Charger Hater
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

There's an entire set of plays involving running the ball with Gordon and play action passing the I think could work really well if Rivers' arm is still strong enough. New Orleans with Brees is a good example. You think of them as a shotgun spread team, but much of their (past) success was due to strong running game and play action passing.
                          Prediction:

Comment

Working...
                          X