The Difference Between Us and The Bengals...

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Velo
    Ride!
    • Aug 2019
    • Everywhere
    • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
    • Send PM

In Burrow's first game, week 1 of the 2020 season, with Tyrod Taylor QBing the Bolts, the Chargers escaped with a 16-13 win after Bengals kicker Randy Bullock missed a 31-yd field goal with 4 seconds left. My cuz in Cincinnati posts three words on his FB page: "Still the Bungles." Being the good cuz that I am, I did my best to console him, assuring him that Joe Burrow is going to blossom into a franchise QB for the Bengals. I'm not sure he believes me.

Fast forward to week 13 of this season, early December. The Chargers go into Cincinnati and beat the Bengals. The following week the 49ers beat the Bengals in Cincinnati. The loss to the 49ers was particularly painful, because the Bengals had taken the lead in OT via a field goal, but the Bengals' D gave up a TD on the ensuing drive by the 49ers. It rekindled painful memories of the 49ers beating the Bengals in both of Cincinnati's only two Super Bowls. My cuz was developing an inferiority complex. The two teams his California cousins are fans of owned the Bengals in his mind. With the two straight losses, the Bengals were 7-6, with 4 games left in the season. The Chargers had just beaten the Bengals and Giants for two straight wins and were 8-5. My cuz thought Bengals were finished and that the Chargers were poised for the post-season.

Two months later the Bengals are in the Super Bowl. None of us (cousins) saw this coming. If I had told my cuz after week 14 not to fret, the Bengals will be in the Super Bowl, he would have been pissed at me for pandering to him.

Comment

• Maniaque 6
      French Speaking Charger Fan
      • Jan 2019
      • Québec city
      • Send PM

The Bengals seem to me like the Patriots in SuperBowl 1985.

Comment

Working...
      X