Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lightningwill_420

Originally posted by Stinky Wizzleteats+ View Post
    What I'm seeing is a total rebuild on oline and dline. I also believe we need a new OC. Hate watching our interior dline they are to small and Reyes sucks Igor's balls.
    When has that ever happened?
    It's too late anyway.
    There is no next year.
    The guys we have have got to suddenly start playing better.
    At 1-2, I'm not ready to give up.

Comment

• Boltjolt
      Dont let the PBs fool ya
      • Jun 2013
      • Henderson, NV
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Engine Engine Number 420 View Post
      Because Norv needed a more expensive fullback to not use.

I think the point was Te'o sucks - not that Hester was good (although, at least, Hester was a good special teamer.)

The point weakens when you say Te'o was a worse pick than Weddle.
      None of that was the point and I never said a thing about Merriman.

Comment

• Lightningwill_420

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
        None of that was the point and I never said a thing about Merriman.
        Telesco has sucked so far. That's my point. If it isn't your point, it's because I'm not making your point.

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
          Grammar Police
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Chargers have to solve front issues
          By Tom Krasovic | 7 a.m. Sept. 28, 2015

Chargers Orlando Franklin gets taken off the field after getting hurt in the 2nd quarter against the Vikings. — K.C. Alfred
          ��
          ✉⎙
          Quick hits coming out of the Chargers' 31-14 loss to the Vikings and going toward the Week 4 game against the Browns:

1) If you don't block or sack your opponents, that's a sure recipe for a lost season. The Chargers have to solve those problems, soon. It's not too early to call this the biggest crisis of coach Mike McCoy's tenure. Up front, they are losing too often on both sides.

2) Tom Telesco has spent two draft picks on blockers. Top 2013 pick D.J. Fluker is very tough, having appeared in 35 of 37 games. Despite a severe ankle injury, he played Sunday, saying he was "walking on adrenaline."

3) In his second draft Telesco took guard Chris Watt in the third round. The Notre Dame alum never played at center until last year. This summer, despite his uneven preseason, the Chargers liked how Watt's quickness complemented two giant guards as part of a "four-tackle" front.

4) Fluker and Watt are still developing. Injuries have sidelined them both at least three times, steepening their learning curves.

5) Orlando Franklin is one of four Chargers guards who is a former tackle converted within the last two years. The conversion is more difficult than outsiders often perceive, said Chargers tackle King Dunlap, who has played both spots.

6) Franklin received the largest contract Telesco gave to an outside free agent last offseason. So far, the results have lagged the dollars. The same holds for Brandon Flowers' injury-marred season to date. The cornerback received the largest contract Telesco gave a Chargers free agent last winter.

7) Franklin missed a few practices this summer due to a leg injury. Sunday, he was carted off with an ankle injury.

8) A year ago, the Chargers became the first team to start five centers in one season since the 1970 merger of the AFL and NFL. Sunday, injuries stripped out or hobbled several blockers. Lines can take months to gel, even when healthy. The Chargers have been muddled up front dating to much of last season. Injuries to the OL have hit hard dating to the career-ending blows to left-side Pro Bowlers Kris Dielman and Marcus McNeill.

9) Along with position changes, limited mobility is a challenge for this group of guards. Does that combination make blockers more vulnerable to leg injuries?

10) Well done, Keenan Allen. The third-year receiver rebounded from a bad game at Cincinnati. He caught 12 passes for 133 yards and two touchdowns.

11) Allen said Friday he wasn't extra motivated to burn the Vikings, who he had said "guaranteed" his agent they would take him in the first round of the 2013 draft. Sorry, Keenan, I'm not buying.

12) The Vikings had three picks in the first round. Vikings General Manager Rick Spielman spent them on defensive tackle Sharrif Floyd (23rd), cornerback Xavier Rhodes (25th) and receiver/returner Cordarelle Patterson (29th). Allen is out-producing Rhodes and Patterson, for sure.

13) Sunday, he beat Rhodes a few times. As a receiver, the still-raw Patterson has fallen out of favor. With Allen, the Vikings would be a better team, even though Patterson is a top-flight kick returner.

14) Telesco took Allen in the third round, 76th overall. On top of becoming the team's best receiver, he's very budget friendly. Floyd got an $8.1 million contract with $6.67 million guaranteed. Rhodes received $7.8 million with $6.34 million guaranteed. Patterson got $7.22 million with $5.83 million in guaranteed money. Allen's guarantee? Just $613,800 on a $2.18 million deal.
          Go Rivers!

Comment

• KNSD
            Registered Charger Hater
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Team has put effort into OL.

Dunlap, Barksdale, Franklin - FA signings. Not bad. Franklin was supposed to be a positive addition.
            Fluker Round 1
            Watt Round 3 - Injury prone, unfortunately.

Hairston.

Plus Ornburger in 2013.
            Prediction:
            Correct: Chargers CI fails miserably.
            Fail: Team stays in San Diego until their lease runs out in 2020. (without getting new deal done by then) .
            Sig Bet WIN: The Chargers will file for relocation on January 15.

Comment

• Lightningwill_420

Originally posted by KNSD View Post

Dunlap, Barksdale, Franklin - FA signings. Not bad. Franklin was supposed to be a positive addition.
              Fluker Round 1

Hairston.

Plus Ornburger in 2013.
              It's not a lack of effort. It's a lack of talent evaluation. Telesco isn't much better at his job than you and I would be. I thought Franklin was a good signing. Why? Because I read that he was - not because I knew shit about him. I get the feeling that's exactly how Telesco made that decision too.

Comment

• KNSD
                Registered Charger Hater
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

They have talent... they get injured. Some dude on radio makes a good point. The OL is built to run block... and we sit in shotgun running draws.
                Prediction:
                Correct: Chargers CI fails miserably.
                Fail: Team stays in San Diego until their lease runs out in 2020. (without getting new deal done by then) .
                Sig Bet WIN: The Chargers will file for relocation on January 15.

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
                  Grammar Police
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

We go back to Sunday's game and look a little deeper to find out how the San Diego Chargers lost to the Minnesota Vikings.
                  Go Rivers!

Comment

• Boltx
                    Dominate the day
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by KNSD View Post

Fluker Round 1

Hairston.

Plus Ornburger in 2013.
                    I've been saying this too.

Effort is one thing. Hitting on your decisions/picks/signings is another. Ultimately GMs are remembered for their successful picks, not their effort.
                    ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

Working...
                    X