• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    fender57
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Hochuli

There was a time where he was considered one of the best in the game, then he gifted the Donks a win and now, well, the wheels are falling off that guy. This, if true, is completely unacceptable.

CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- Carolina Panthers quarterback Cam Newton was "ticked off" about being told he wasn't old enough to get a personal foul called after being hit out of bounds in Sunday's 27-22 victory over New Orleans.

Newton, 26, thought a penalty could have been called early in the fourth quarter when he was hit hard near the out-of-bounds marker by defensive tackle Tyeler Davison after throwing an incompletion.

When the two-time Pro Bowler asked referee Ed Hochuli about the call, Newton said he was told, "You're not old enough to get that call."

"I looked at him like: 'Jesus! I didn't think you had to have seniority to get a personal foul or anything like that,'" Newton said.

"Officials make decisions based upon the play on the field, and no other factors," NFL spokesman Michael Signora said in a statement. "On the play in question, there is no roughing the passer because the quarterback is out of the pocket and a runner, and no unnecessary roughness because the contact is not late."

That the Panthers were penalized for a late hit on 34-year-old Saints quarterback Luke McCown earlier in the game didn't help matters.

"It's one thing to be frustrated in a situation where you see a personal foul on the opposing quarterback get called," Newton said. "And then for me, when it's something around that same range and for that flag not to be called, I'm ticked off, really."

Newton capped the drive with a 13-yard touchdown run around the left side to go with two passing touchdowns. But he still was upset about the late hit that wasn't called.

"If he would have said he missed the call, that is one thing," Newton said. "But for his response to be what it was and I'm not old enough to get that call ... Geez!

"So heaven forbid he gets any rookies or they're gonna have a long day, man."
  • richpjr
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Nashville
    • Send PM

We see evidence of veterans getting preferential treatment and calls in every sport. Not real smart to come out and say it though.

Comment

• Lightningwill_420

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
      We see evidence of veterans getting preferential treatment and calls in every sport. Not real smart to come out and say it though.
      The only reason we hate Hochuli is because he was honest enough to tell us he fucked up the call and wasn't going to fix it.

The league is fixed to a degree - we just hate the messenger.

Cam isn't old enough - he also isn't white enough, large-media market enough, or popular enough.
      Last edited by Guest; 09-28-2015, 06:45 AM.

Comment

• KNSD
        Registered Charger Hater
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Cam is also big and strong so cheap shots don't look as cheap.
        Prediction:
        Correct: Chargers CI fails miserably.
        Fail: Team stays in San Diego until their lease runs out in 2020. (without getting new deal done by then) .
        Sig Bet WIN: The Chargers will file for relocation on January 15.

Comment

fender57
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Engine Engine Number 420 View Post
          The only reason we hate Hochule was because he was honest enough to tell us he fucked up the call and wasn't going to fix it.

Cam isn't old enough - he also isn't white enough, large-media market enough, or popular enough.
          I actually respected Hochuli during the aftermath of that blown call, he replied to every single e-mail that was sent his way, apologizing and admitting his error.

Comment

fender57
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Agree, coming out and saying it wasn't very smart. There are people saying that Hochuli has a wicked sense of humor and that he was joking (I'm not sure I agree with that opinion), but you can't joke around on the field like that while guys are getting pounded on the field, even though I think Cam still has some growing up to do.

Comment

• richpjr
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Nashville
              • Send PM

The only reason we hate Hochuli is because he was honest enough to tell us he fucked up the call and wasn't going to fix it.

White enough? Seriously?

Comment

I have hated Hochuli ever since September 14, 2008.

Comment

• Lightningwill_420

White enough? Seriously?
                  Seriously. You think Wilson is going to get as many calls as Luck?

Comment

• richpjr
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Nashville
                    • Send PM

Seriously. You think Wilson is going to get as many calls as Luck?
                    The race card? Really? I think it's absurd to think Luck will get more calls than Wilson because he is white.

Comment

• Geezbolt
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Sun Valley, ID
                      • Send PM

The race card? Really? I think it's absurd to think Luck will get more calls than Wilson because he is white.
                      I think Cam's biggest problem is he's young, big, strong, athletic and equally as capable of delivering a blow as he is of absorbing one. I don't buy the race card here either.

Comment

• Lightningwill_420

You're right. Racism doesn't exist. It's all equal.

Comment

Working...
                        X