• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Charged up
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

My Question

I was tail gating at the Qual for the 1st time in 3 years.

It was an awesome time. I was front row east endzone. Winning field almost right at me.

My Question is last year now this year it seems we are beset by injuries, especially the O line.

ARE WE SOFT? OR JUST UNLUCKY?

Starting to get frustrated because we have the horses. Gordon is a beast if we could just get him a little daylight. Rivers deadly we all know that. I even posted earlier this year we grade out playing more players at different positions because of injury than anyone.

This is getting old.
  • richpjr
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Nashville
    • Send PM

Think about it - we have changed, GMs, coaches, team doctors, trainers, and players and it still happens. It must be bad Spanos-mojo.

Comment

• ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

I don't buy the theory that we're somehow doing something wrong. It's just bum luck.

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
        Grammar Police
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

The new cba has less of contact and more free time. If player living in the SD area have more free time they have more opportunity for bad choices vis a vi carrying for there bodies. Working out eating right ect and less time hardening those bodies and less or no fundamental talking from start to finish.

When I studied Judo you studied falling for the first three years, why would that be?
        Go Rivers!

Comment

• Faded blues
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Aug 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Stinky Wizzleteats+ View Post
          The new cba has less of contact and more free time. If player living in the SD area have more free time they have more opportunity for bad choices vis a vi carrying for there bodies. Working out eating right ect and less time hardening those bodies and less or no fundamental talking from start to finish.

When I studied Judo you studied falling for the first three years, why would that be?
          Either the instructor knew that you were going to get your ass kick a lot and wanted to fall right is free you took a beating

Or

You needed training on how to land ass up for the flying cats?

Seriously

You have a great point. Knowing how to fall is critical. They are actually teaching that in youth sports.

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
            Grammar Police
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Faded blues View Post
            Either the instructor knew that you were going to get your ass kick a lot and wanted to fall right is free you took a beating

Or

Seriously

You have a great point. Knowing how to fall is critical. They are actually teaching that in youth sports.
            Old instructor, though we were not allowed to do anything but fall when working with other students, they did still teach us all the leverage points how and were to grab and the proper foot movement and in general the passive use of the opponents force to his disadvantage. We were taught these things and then got to see them used properly on us as we learned how to hit the floor without injury.

I saw the older students getting tossed in unimaginable ways and understood why falling is so key to be able to train at a higher level.
            Go Rivers!

Comment

• Iowachargers
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jul 2013
              • Dow City, Iowa
              • Send PM

The injuries to Fluker and Franklin are from being rolled up on, just can't avoid these types of occurrences. Just bad luck.

Comment

• KNSD
                Registered Charger Hater
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Yeah, Chargers should learn how to fall on their ass correctly. Rookies need 6 week summer camp on how to act like Chargers.
                Prediction:
                Correct: Chargers CI fails miserably.
                Fail: Team stays in San Diego until their lease runs out in 2020. (without getting new deal done by then) .
                Sig Bet WIN: The Chargers will file for relocation on January 15.

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
                  No Sir, I Dont Like It
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Section 457
                  • Migrant Film Worker
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Faded blues View Post

Or

Seriously

You deserve rep for the flying cat thing.
                  Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
                  sigpic

Comment

• Boltx
                    Dominate the day
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

I don't tend to believe in luck or superstition.

I'm of the mindset that when something becomes a pervasive trend like our injury situation, that there has to be some unifying "diagnosis" so to speak. Especially when it's one particular unit that seems to bear the brunt of most of the injuries. I just don't know what it is. I know we've changed trainers, doctors, etc but there has to be something we're missing.
                    ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

• BlazingBolt
                      SLAM DUNK!
                      • Jun 2013
                      • East County San Diego
                      • Bolt fanatic
                      • Send PM

football causes injuries.....what a concept
                      migrated from chargerfans.net then the thenflforum.com then here

Comment

Working...
                      X