• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Heatmiser
    HarbaughHarrisonHeatMiser
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Patrick Robinson

Great job by Telesco signing this guy for cheap. He has been an outstanding corner, slot nickel and plays all the special teams. I hope they can re-sign him because he is on a one year deal.

I also think Barksdale has been a good signing. They didn't pay much, he is young, and has been a decent starter at a position of need.

Jones and Franklin have been hurt so cannot say much about them.

Jimmy Wilson provides some depth, but I honestly don't see much difference between him and Adai. They both miss tackles at times and seem limited in coverage.

TG
    Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.
  • UtahBolt
    Did we win?
    • Jun 2013
    • I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.
    • Send PM

Funny that both Robinson and Barksdale have been the steady presence at both of their position groups this year. Robinson has been good for sure, an great example of that is he is in that same spot that Marshall was thrust into last season and we all know how that went. Could you imagine more Marshall right now?
    I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.

Comment

• Heatmiser
      HarbaughHarrisonHeatMiser
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Something else I notice that I think is important is that Telesco gets guys who fit in with the team culture/lockeroom he is trying to establish. You can bring in superstars and hope that they don't negatively impact the team camaraderie or if you are Belicheck you just assume the Patriot way will force them to change. But Telesco seems to seek out guys who will be team first. Fluker was being interviewed and Barksdale was standing almost on top of him. Fluker kept saying 'can you please back up man' and Barksdale said he was there to support Fluker, bring him water, etc. You can tell these guys like each other. More important than we appreciate and you cannot manufacture it. Maybe that is why guys like Evan Mathis are not pursued by Chargers.

TG
      Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• Boltjolt
        Dont let the PBs fool ya
        • Jun 2013
        • Henderson, NV
        • Send PM

Patrick Robinson was a good signing and is a good player. He has been injury prone in previous years which was his problem but did stay healthy most of last season. Hopefully he can stay healthy here since we havent had good luck in that department.
        Last edited by Boltjolt; 10-10-2015, 06:13 PM.

Comment

• KNSD
          Registered Charger Hater
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

What Boltjolt said. +1 on this signing until he gets injured.
          Prediction:
          Correct: Chargers CI fails miserably.
          Fail: Team stays in San Diego until their lease runs out in 2020. (without getting new deal done by then) .
          Sig Bet WIN: The Chargers will file for relocation on January 15.

Comment

• richpjr
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Nashville
            • Send PM

Originally posted by KNSD View Post
            What Boltjolt said. +1 on this signing until he gets injured.
            Between Flowers, Verret and Robinson, hopefully 2 of them are healthy at any time.

Comment

Working...
            X