• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Millionaire Wussy
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jul 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Engine Engine Number 420 View Post
    We've given up a lot more points than the Rams have.

But we've given up fewer yards than the Rams have - even before the Rams played today.

You know more than I do, because I don't pay attention to the Rams or their defense. But, as far as stats go, if they are better than us, it isn't by much unless you base your analysis purely on points given up.

The D isn't getting much help from special teams. The other team gets a lot of good field position.

That really does seem true. I'm guessing we have the largest difference (in the negative category) between ST's yards surrendered and ST's yards gained. Doesn't seem like it would be close.
    For Stinky-Jon-Wizzleteats....

"Pray for strength and healing oh and money!"

Comment

• Coachmarkos
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • SoDak
      • Technology Director
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
      My God Abdullah puts the ball on the ground at an alarming rate. Just like he did in college.
      They need to give the ball to Zenner. Good things happen.
      "...of course that's just my opinion, I could be wrong."

Comment

• Coachmarkos
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • SoDak
        • Technology Director
        • Send PM

I've watched the Rams on tv twice. Trust me, their front 7 is better than the Chargers. They beat Arizona and Seattle. They intercepted Rodgers twice in GB, and recovered a fumble from him.

Comment

• Millionaire Wussy
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jul 2013
          • Send PM

Another nice game from Ryan Mathews in the eagles win today. Over 100 total yards with minimal carries. I like the Eagles RB depth (Murray and Sproles) that lets them conserve his use. Maybe that keeps him fresh for December.
          For Stinky-Jon-Wizzleteats....

"Pray for strength and healing oh and money!"

Comment

• Lightningwill_420

Originally posted by coachmarkos View Post
            I've watched the Rams on tv twice. Trust me, their front 7 is better than the Chargers. They beat Arizona and Seattle. They intercepted Rodgers twice in GB, and recovered a fumble from him.
            Front 7 isn't the whole defense.
            Our front 7 has been a weakness for all of Pagano's stay with us. Yet, somehow, his D has generally kept us in games. And, now, when players are healthy, at least he has a decent secondary to work with, which is something relatively new for us.
            I don't think we're as bad defensively as people on here make us out to be.
            Last edited by Guest; 10-11-2015, 02:33 PM.

Comment

• Lightningwill_420

Originally posted by alex View Post
              Another nice game from Ryan Mathews in the eagles win today. Over 100 total yards with minimal carries. I like the Eagles RB depth (Murray and Sproles) that lets them conserve his use. Maybe that keeps him fresh for December.
              That dude is good when healthy. He made shit happen with a pathetic offensive line for years. We saw what happened to our run game last year when he wasn't playing.

Unfortunately, Mathews has never stayed healthy. I don't think fewer carries is going to make a difference as far as his health. I doubt he'll last the season.

As far as running backs go, most of them need a good offensive line to make them look good. Mathews wasn't that type of back. I'm sure Donald Brown will have some success elsewhere if given a chance to play behind some decent run blockers. He's no Mathews - he can't do shit if nobody blocks for him.
              Last edited by Guest; 10-11-2015, 02:40 PM.

Comment

• Coachmarkos
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • SoDak
                • Technology Director
                • Send PM

Raiders leading Noodle Arm Manning at half.

Comment

• Lightningwill_420

Originally posted by coachmarkos View Post
                  Raiders leading Noodle Arm Manning at half.
                  Shit. Manning's Donkey Dung v. Satan's Turds. What a toilet bowl of evil.

Comment

• Boltimore
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Naples, FL
                    • Retired
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
                    Browns beat the Ravens in OT. McCown passes for 457 yards. Ravens game not looking so tough.
                    Yeah, I've had that game down as a W for a few weeks now. Rivers will shred them if he has even just a few seconds of protection.
                    Last edited by Boltimore; 10-11-2015, 04:02 PM.

Comment

fender57
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Cards are crushing Detroit. Caldwell has to be on the hot seat.

Comment

• richpjr
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Nashville
                        • Send PM

Ware hurt for the Broncos.

Comment

• ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Engine Engine Number 420 View Post
                          Is Gurley really better Gordon? I've seen Gordon - dude is awesome. Nobody has blocked for him, and his coach is quick to give up on the run.

I haven't seen Gurley, but I'm guessing he gets the ball more than Gordon does. The Rams coach, the dude with the mustache, never has a good QB, so he's always been a run-oriented coach.
                          I didn't see as much of Gordon in college so I can't say definitively that Gurley is better. What I can say, though, is a healthy Gurley can be an LT-type back. He's phenomenal. And he's coming back early from an ACL and goes for over 150 in his first two pro games? Pretty damn good.

I agree on Gordon and o-line. He hasn't had the opportunity to take more than two steps with the ball on about 98% of his carries, so you can't judge much from that. He does look like if he got even a little bit of help that he'd be doing big things, so I'm happy with him, I'm just really impressed with Gurley and feel like he'll be a stud if he can stay healthy.

Comment

Working...
                          X