ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

• Millionaire Wussy
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jul 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltx View Post
      Sometimes the forest has to burn.
      Not if the little forest animals can block!
      For Stinky-Jon-Wizzleteats....

"Pray for strength and healing oh and money!"

Comment

• CTrout
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Cant block, cant tackle, cant run, cant catch, cant make big plays.

BUT

Can still find ways to blow games like no other team can......

Comment

• Millionaire Wussy
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jul 2013
          • Send PM

Sometimes the forest has to burn.
          I got to thinkin about this. What makes inferior (especially small fluffy ones that taste good) forest animals able to not only survive but actually thrive? And could we incorporate any of these "natural" survival strategies to our o-line.

Okay, I'll start with...

Squirrels. They are immune to snake venom. And they're pretty quick (not a bad thing) when they don't want to be caught. But unless we inject our o-line with squirrel juices and plant some rattlers on the football field in time for warm-ups - to get the opposing defenses - I don't see this one working out well. People could really get hurt and it's against the law.

Rabbits - All about numbers. They breed often and have short gestation periods. No, not working. I believe this is actually our current strategy for the o-line. We keep losing guys to defensive predators and the guys replacing them just aren't good enough to make a difference.

Deer - They look pretty. On the other hand they are deceiving. Deer are the most dangerous prey animal to man. And this could be why some NFLers are known to consume their antler juice. But that stuff is illegal now. Or it just doesn't work well enough. I mean, how much antler juice would our o-line need to stay healthy? The deer population would expire in two months worldwide. That's out.

Racoon - Too cute.

Skunk - With the skunk you finally have a weapon that can drive away predators with little to no effort. This can be our best forest friend! I would get our o-line to bathe daily in skunk juices in small increments at first so they barely notice the toxicity at higher levels. Then they should be able to sport heavier repellent doses of skunk juice on game day that will serve as a deterrent to defenses. Defenses will not engage us. I know skunk juice is probably not good for us long term but if our guys can just suck it up during football season and think of the positives I'm sure we can benefit greatly from our furry forest friend.

EDIT: The skunk idea may not work. We already stink on the o-line and it's not helping us.
          Last edited by Millionaire Wussy; 10-13-2015, 07:17 AM.
          For Stinky-Jon-Wizzleteats....

"Pray for strength and healing oh and money!"

Comment

• Geezbolt
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Sun Valley, ID
            • Send PM

The most interesting thing I heard last night was the Bolts have drafted one offensive lineman (Fluker) in the first round since Jim Lachey was picked in Round 1 in 1985. Speaking of Fluker, IMO he is a warrior. I'd be surprised if he is playing at even 75% but he is gutting it out with an injury that sidelines others for weeks. I just hope they're not damaging him long-term.

Just checked and Fitzpatrick was picked in 1986 as 1A. Regardless, that's one O-lineman in the first round in 29 years. If games are won in the trenches, that seems like a major oversight.
            Last edited by Geezbolt; 10-13-2015, 07:22 AM.

Comment

• Highboltage
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

They announced Watt at LG and the next couple plays it looked like he was running as fast as he could backwards at Rivers towing a Steeler along for the ride.

Comment

• Boltx
                Dominate the day
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Highboltage View Post
                They announced Watt at LG and the next couple plays it looked like he was running as fast as he could backwards at Rivers towing a Steeler along for the ride.
                Watt was on ice skates all night.

Comment

• foreigner
                  Tom Telesco is gone
                  • Sep 2013
                  • Send PM

"This team can NOT block...."

And the people of San Diego doesn't go to home games to support their team..... just a bunch of die hard fans...

Comment

fender57
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

In the 20+ years I've been participating on various Chargers boards, the lack of attention to the OL has been a constant theme. When will they learn?

Comment

• Boltx
                      Dominate the day
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by 6025 View Post
                      In the 20+ years I've been participating on various Chargers boards, the lack of attention to the OL has been a constant theme. When will they learn?
                      Don't worry, we'll trade up to draft a WR next year. Gotta fortify those glamor positions.

Comment

fender57
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Don't worry, we'll trade up to draft a WR next year. Gotta fortify those glamor positions.
                        As long as we draft someone like Bryan Still I'm good.

Comment

• captaind
                          Cook This Pork Chops
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Mars
                          • Ball Holder
                          • Send PM

Hey, those glamor positions put butts in the seats.

Those butts may belong to fans of other teams, but a butt is a butt.

Or something.

Comment

Working...
                          X