How long before you thought about the game after you woke up this morning?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Buck
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

How long before you thought about the game after you woke up this morning?

I woke up happy and played with my dog for about 7 minutes before I remembered the game and have been a sour mood since.
  • Wheels
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • San Diego
    • Send PM

Over the years I've gotten really good at having a quick funeral for the game in my mind, then moving along. This loss was much harder to get over, but I was able to do it pretty quickly still. I used to let it ruin my week, which is just insane.

Comment

fender57
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Honestly the game made me think it was same old same old. I guess I'm becoming numb to it.

Comment

• captaind
        Cook This Pork Chops
        • Jun 2013
        • Mars
        • Ball Holder
        • Send PM

I unfriended two Steelers fans last night after the game because they were being drunk & obnoxious.

When I woke up this morning, it was the first thing I thought about. Had I overreacted?

After taking a few seconds to reflect on it, I decided I needed to raise the bar on my selection of friends. Fuck them.

Comment

• richpjr
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Nashville
          • Send PM

Originally posted by captaind View Post
          I unfriended two Steelers fans last night after the game because they were being drunk & obnoxious.

When I woke up this morning, it was the first thing I thought about. Had I overreacted?

After taking a few seconds to reflect on it, I decided I needed to raise the bar on my selection of friends. Fuck them.
          LOL - I like the way you handled that!

Comment

• Geezbolt
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Sun Valley, ID
            • Send PM

I went to bed right after the game. No post-game interviews, no looking at this board, nothing. It made it much easier. I have adopted Mike McCoy's philosophy; Each week your goal is to come out 1-0. Don't dwell on a loss, don't dwell on a win. You have a new opponent coming up and once again your goal is to go 1-0.

Comment

• ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by captaind View Post

Haha! You have the exact right avatar.

Comment

Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

I went to bed as soon as the game was over (for some reason out here I go to bed earlier than I ever have in my life). I woke up about 5:00, laid there for about thirty seconds feeling pretty good about being alive and all...and then I was like "Oh yeah." Fucking Vick.

Comment

• Big Dog
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

First thing in the morning, checked to see if our winning the Superbowl odds had changed yet, so I could double down.

Defense played better for 3 quarters of the game, Gates back is helping the offense, OL is going to be better when guys get back from injury, Verrett is a shutdown corner right now, Melvin Gordon is going to break out soon, Rivers (other than pick 6) is playing well, we are starting to get some sacks, Teo played well, Jacoby is back, we outplayed the Steelers yesterday ... AFC sucks, if we had won we were in a wildcard spot. I'm telling you guys, it may not feel like it, but this could be our year ...

Comment

• Bolt-O
                    Administrator
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

I was over the disappointment about an hour after the game, and after watching Fargo. Why get angry?

Comment

Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post
                      I was over the disappointment about an hour after the game, and after watching Fargo. Why get angry?
                      Yeah, why get angry?

Comment

• Millionaire Wussy
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jul 2013
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Buck View Post
                        I woke up happy and played with my dog for about 7 minutes before I remembered the game and have been a sour mood since.

I've been around non-football fans since about 8:30 this morning. That helps. I don't have a dog but that's a good idea too.

Or do something that centers and calms you. Being around non-football fans and listening to them works the best for me.

Oh yeah, I also like drawing. Filling in mandala's (round intricate designs that you color) with my colored pencils takes my mind off everything. It's like a meditation. Journaling is also a good tool as it gets to your feelings as well as thoughts. That could lessen the impact hold the game has on you.

I used to be like Wheels though. I'd tend to carry it with me for days. That's not fun when they lose close ones like last night.
                        For Stinky-Jon-Wizzleteats....

"Pray for strength and healing oh and money!"

Comment

Working...
                        X