Clear All
  • RobH
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Tokyo, Japan
    • University English Lecturer
    • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
    Actually, the Browns scored a TD and went ahead 20-16. They went for 2 to go up by 6 points and didn't make it.
    Thanks Rich. It makes a little more sense that way.

Comment

• Bolt-O
      Administrator
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

What the hell was that trick play? Not even legal.

Comment

• richpjr
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Nashville
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post
        What the hell was that trick play? Not even legal.
        That could be the worst trick play I have ever seen. Why would anyone run a play like that, especially in their own territory?

Comment

• Bolt-O
          Administrator
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Colts know they must take chances... just like the Chargers. But that doesn't excuse stupidity, like that play.

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
            Grammar Police
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Wow, what a fail!
            Go Rivers!

Comment

• TTK
              EX-Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • America's Finest City
              • Send PM

Originally posted by RobH View Post
              Thanks Rich. It makes a little more sense that way.
              What's the point in going up 6 instead of 5?

The Broncos had to score a touchdown either way to take the lead so the correct call for the Browns would have been to kick the extra point and force the Broncos to go for two, to go up three. They screwed up and put the onus on themselves to go for two instead of the Broncos.

The moral of this story is that the Browns will be the Browns and the Broncos are the luckiest 6-0 team ever.

Comment

• KNSD
                Registered Charger Hater
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

I'm glad that we're not Browns nor Colts fans. No reason to go for 2, and WTF what that trick play??!!! Fire (Colts) Pagano now!
                Prediction:
                Correct: Chargers CI fails miserably.
                Fail: Team stays in San Diego until their lease runs out in 2020. (without getting new deal done by then) .
                Sig Bet WIN: The Chargers will file for relocation on January 15.

Comment

• Lightningwill_420

Just watched the trick play. Maybe that trick play was to draw somebody offsides? The coach was asking why the ball was hiked so I have to assume the Colts were hoping for a penalty and, except for the two guys involved in the play, not expecting to actually run that play.

Whatever - it looked ridiculous, not even legal.

Comment

• Lightningwill_420

Originally posted by TTK View Post

The Broncos had to score a touchdown either way to take the lead so the correct call for the Browns would have been to kick the extra point and force the Broncos to go for two, to go up three. They screwed up and put the onus on themselves to go for two instead of the Broncos.

The moral of this story is that the Browns will be the Browns and the Broncos are the luckiest 6-0 team ever.
                    6 means the other team has to make an extra point to win.

Comment

• TTK
                      EX-Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • America's Finest City
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Engine Engine Number 420 View Post
                      6 means the other team has to make an extra point to win.
                      Even with the longer XP, the percentages are still in the favor of converting an XP over a 2 point play. The Browns played against the percentages instead of with it.

Comment

• richpjr
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Nashville
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by TTK View Post

I'm not sure why they would go for 2. I was scratching my head at the time. And yes, the Broncos are the luckiets 6-0 team. Manning throwing a pick in OT that gave the Browns the ball at the 39 yard line and they lost 17 yards are the next 3 plays. One of these days that defense won't be able to bail out the bad QB Manning has quickly become. I'm going to love seeing how that D does against the Packers in 2 weeks.

Comment

• Lightningwill_420

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
                          I'm not sure why they would go for 2. I was scratching my head at the time. And yes, the Broncos are the luckiets 6-0 team. Manning throwing a pick in OT that gave the Browns the ball at the 39 yard line and they lost 17 yards are the next 3 plays. One of these days that defense won't be able to bail out the bad QB Manning has quickly become. I'm going to love seeing how that D does against the Packers in 2 weeks.
                          Having a great defense isn't luck. It's cheating. Broncos bought that defense by busting the salary cap.
                          Do I have proof? No. But that's the Broncos history.

Comment

Working...
                          X